INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to replace Telmex modem / office closed

+5
Gamina
ferret
slainte39
MexicoPete
Rosa Venus
9 posters

Go down

Need to replace Telmex modem / office closed Empty Need to replace Telmex modem / office closed

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:00 pm

My Telmex modem died and I need to replace it. Telmex office has been closed and won't re-open til who knows when. Anybody have any idea how to get it replaced? I doubt anyone can help me but you never know...
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Need to replace Telmex modem / office closed Empty Re: Need to replace Telmex modem / office closed

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:44 pm

A few years back, the only place you could get a Telmex replacement modem was not from Ajijic but from Telmex's Mexico City office. They would send it up to you via a carrier like FedEx. Just maybe you can get it there these days.

You could phone up their 800 number and ask. It's probably listed in your phone book. I am up in Seattle and the newest lakeside phonebook I have up here is a 2016 LCS phone book and the 800 number for Telmex where English is spoken was and hopefully still is 01-800-368-0500.

You might give it a try.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need to replace Telmex modem / office closed Empty Re: Need to replace Telmex modem / office closed

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:45 pm

Deleted a double post.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:50 pm

Have you tried calling or going to the Telmex Service Center on Calle Allen W Lloyd in SAT, maybe they could help you.
Just a suggestion.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:55 pm

You can call the 1-800 number on your modem and talk to the techs at Telmex to explain the problem and see if they'll send you one.
Better yet, ask them which Telmex modems they are recommending these days and buy your own from Mercado Libre. They're cheap and come with all the parts and are brand spankin' NEW. Easy peasy to set up.
I recommend this route because the local Telmex office has the habit of recycling modems without even checking to see if they work. Been there, done that. And I kept my second DEAD modem just to keep them from passing it on to some poor unsuspecting customer (like yourself). If I ever cancel my Telmex service, they will get THEIR dead modem back.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:56 pm

Thanks for the ideas, all.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 pm

I've been getting a couple of emails a week for the last month that they want to replace my modem. In a chat, because they don't answer the phone, I explained that the office was closed. They kept asking me what was wrong with my modem and I kept telling them nothing was wrong with it. That I kept getting a email to replace it but couldn't be cause the office was closed. And they asked what was wrong with it. (this was a live person, not one of those "go around in circles" phone things). Finally I "hung up" the chat.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by scooterbum Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:08 pm

I bought my last Telmex modem on-line from Mercado Libre - the cost was 250 pesos and it worked right out of the box...

scooterbum

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:41 pm

I can sell you a dual band Telmex modem 250 pesos, a year old
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:18 am

Rosa were you able to resolve your modem problem?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:08 pm

I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm using a back-up modem.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by donenrique Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:31 pm

Woke up this past Saturday morning to a dead modem. Called Telmex tech support 01-800-123-2222, and after ascertaining that the problem was indeed the modem and not the line, they put us in for a new one. I was told that due to the pandemic, all Telmex offices are closed for everything except administrative staff and emergencies, otherwise we would have driven to Guadalajara to pick it up. Modems are no longer distributed through their offices. Delivery in 4 business days but they will try for sooner.
Yesterday (Sunday), I received a text and email telling me the modem had been ordered. This morning, received a text and email telling me that the modem was in route with a link to track. The process is pretty straightforward and (so far) pretty efficient! We will be taking the advice given above and will purchase another to keep as back up. In the meantime, we have borrowed an old modem to get us through.
Suerte!

donenrique

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down