INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaw

+2
CanuckBob
Canmex 87
6 posters

Go down

Shaw Empty Shaw

Post by Canmex 87 Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:56 pm

Shaw has moved several of the Canadian channels to the new satellite, which we can't receive here.

I wonder if we will loose more channels?

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shaw Empty Re: Shaw

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:52 pm

Eventually we will lose them all. Maybe another year or so. Time to get streaming. I haven't watched Shaw in several months once I started streaming various products. I mainly use Netflix, Prime, Crave, CBS all access, You Tube and Britbox. I'll be selling all my Shaw gear in a few months once I am certain I don't need it but so far I can get all my favorite shows on one of the above suppliers. My Shaw was $161.00 per month and all the suppliers above are less than $40 per month.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:25 pm

Three of us share a subscription with Shaw with HBO, MSNBC, and BBC as extra add ons to the bill and it costs us about $45.00 CDN a month each.  That includes all Canadian news stations, plus CNN and all the US networks, including PBS.
For Americans I suppose that´s what? About $30.00 US dollars?

Very reasonable as far as I´m concerned. I´ll stay with them as long as it lasts......1 mo., 1 yr., or 10 yrs.  ¿ Quién Sabe ?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

beentheredonethat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:12 pm

The two older Shaw satellites were given a supposed life that has been long surpassed in actual use. Shaw knows how much money they pull in from expat subscriptions. As times get tougher for them, there is no way they are going to pull the plug on those two birds until one or both actually dies. There is still no law, contrary to ongoing rumours, that it is illegal to receive a satellite signal outside of Canada. So there is in fact no government "forcing" Shaw to do anything. They most certainly did acquiesce with the latest satellite by making its footprint unreachable outside of Canada, basically. But if there was any legal pressure or otherwise, they would have changed their sat mapping long ago. The fact that nothing has changed proves the point.

So, this could go on for years. The older satellites are carrying 100% HDTV now, which "everyone" said would never happen... that they would move all those to the new satellite. Has not happened; will not happen.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Canmex 87 and beentheredonethat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:58 am

ComputerGuy wrote:The two older Shaw satellites were given a supposed life that has been long surpassed in actual use. Shaw knows how much money they pull in from expat subscriptions. As times get tougher for them, there is no way they are going to pull the plug on those two birds until one or both actually dies. There is still no law, contrary to ongoing rumours, that it is illegal to receive a satellite signal outside of Canada. So there is in fact no government "forcing" Shaw to do anything. They most certainly did acquiesce with the latest satellite by making its footprint unreachable outside of Canada, basically. But if there was any legal pressure or otherwise, they would have changed their sat mapping long ago. The fact that nothing has changed proves the point.

So, this could go on for years. The older satellites are carrying 100% HDTV now, which "everyone" said would never happen... that they would move all those to the new satellite. Has not happened; will not happen.

I hope you are right.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:33 am

After losing many channels on Shaw, we changed to Dish almost a year ago. Extremely satisfied and many more channels.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:49 pm

sm1mex wrote:After losing many channels on Shaw, we changed to Dish almost a year ago.  Extremely satisfied and many more channels.

Understandable, but I get all the channels I want on Shaw, so why would I change.
To each his own.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

beentheredonethat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Don’t change if you get your channels. We just lost many we were watching.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down