INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on assisted living places around the lake

+2
TomQC
Alfredo G
6 posters

Go down

Advice on assisted living places around the lake Empty Advice on assisted living places around the lake

Post by Alfredo G Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Hello everyone,

My brother and I are looking into an assisted living/nursing home for our 90 year old mother.  She recently had a hip surgery on her left side and then after recovering nicely broke her right femur!!  She is in great mental health, but stubborn as a mule.   I was wondering if anyone here have first hand knowledge or Know friends that have used local facilities around the lake.  Pros and cons, regarding your choice.

Our budget is 1300 to 1800 USD a month and she needs care for just about everything (cooking, bathroom, shower,,,,etc) right now.  She does not have any other medical condition such as Diabetes, High blood pressure, cholesterol ,,,,etc

Thanks,

Alfredo G

Back to top Go down

Advice on assisted living places around the lake Empty Re: Advice on assisted living places around the lake

Post by TomQC Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:41 am

Alfredo G wrote:Hello everyone,

My brother and I are looking into an assisted living/nursing home for our 90 year old mother.  She recently had a hip surgery on her left side and then after recovering nicely broke her right femur!!  She is in great mental health, but stubborn as a mule.   I was wondering if anyone here have first hand knowledge or Know friends that have used local facilities around the lake.  Pros and cons, regarding your choice.

Our budget is 1300 to 1800 USD a month and she needs care for just about everything (cooking, bathroom, shower,,,,etc) right now.  She does not have any other medical condition such as Diabetes, High blood pressure, cholesterol ,,,,etc

Thanks,

You might find this YouTube video interesting!  I know there are other homes in the area but I do not have first hand knowledge.
TomQC
TomQC
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Advice on assisted living places around the lake Empty Re: Advice on assisted living places around the lake

Post by ferret Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 pm

I should gets points for persistence. This is the third time this morning that I've tried to post these two videos.
Casa Anastasia... nursing home

The Moon...independent living
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté and TomQC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:46 pm

As indicated in your attachment The Moon is definitely an Independent Living Place
Check out Alicia's 3 homes in La Foresta
Casa Nostra
O'Hana? in San Juan Cosala, nice location
Nice Place in El Chante 387-763-2555, beautiful grounds
Most of the homes are in shut down and availability changes by the day/week
Good luck

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:51 pm

I forgot to mention a nice place in Chapala Vida Bella . cvidabella@gmail.com
The issue with most is they have limited English speaking "help" Just have to visit and hope you find a place for Mum

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:49 am

I spent 8 weeks at Casa Ojo in Ajijic. It is located up the hill across from the Laguna shopping center. They have everything for which you are looking. Great staff, private rooms with bath, 3 meals daily, a doctor on call. Phone # is 33 1574 2583 Give them a call; Roberto is wonderful!
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mwool Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:30 am

Mi Casita in San Antonio, next to Mariscos Lety. My mother was there for a few years and it was great. Well run and comfortable with everything you need. Mina, the owner, is well connected/known in the medical community and is a wonderful, caring person. Highly recommended.
mwool
mwool

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:38 am

Mi Casita is also where friends in San Pancho located his mother. It is very conveniently located for those who are mobile close to shopping.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfredo G Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:45 am

THANK YOU all, for great info and videos. There are many great choices to choose from.

Alfredo G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down