INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Bonnie Henry

+14
jgriff
Heem
CanuckBob
ferret
gringal
ComputerGuy
gatosigi
Lady Otter Latté
DuckieHoomever
slainte39
mudgirl
cypress
DeborahM
karjoeaz
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dr. Bonnie Henry Empty Dr. Bonnie Henry

Post by karjoeaz Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:16 pm

She is the official health officer for British Columbia. I am not Canadian so I am impartial. i do believe that she is very well versed in the CV-19 issue.
Google her and watch some of the videos of her and interviews with her. The "donald" could use alot of her smarts.

karjoeaz

Humor : Halariuos w/alohol

Irish Gal, ferret, SunFan, TomQC and DeborahM like this post

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bonnie Henry Empty Re: Dr. Bonnie Henry

Post by DeborahM Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Definitely positively!

She also helped combat Ebola, and was on the front lines of the SARS epidemic. She exemplifies true and strong leadership, and has provided effective, calm, decisive direction, with amazing grace under pressure, during some of the most challenging crises in our country.

Did you know, she completed her medical degree at Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia (my beautiful home province), and also spent a significant amount of time at sea as a medical officer with the Canadian Navy? She is also a qualified Flight Surgeon.

Folk hero status in-the-making.

DeborahM

Irish Gal, ferret, TomQC and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:41 pm

Dr. Henry is probably quite competent and knowledgeable about various virsus but I can not listen to her as she has such a boring voice.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal, ElNido, DuckieHoomever, TomQC, DeborahM and karjoeaz dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:31 pm

cypress wrote:Dr. Henry is probably quite competent and knowledgeable about various virsus but I can not listen to her as she has such a boring voice.

That might be a fair comment if her profession was radio announcer or newscaster, but considering what her job is, what a petty and pointless thing to say.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

oncesubtle, gringal, Irish Gal, ferret, Lady Otter Latté, SunFan, DuckieHoomever and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:04 pm

Knowledge has to come in a pretty package or it´s just not worth the bother.  Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, SunFan, RickS, DuckieHoomever and mudgirl like this post

DeborahM dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckieHoomever Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:35 am

cypress wrote:Dr. Henry is probably quite competent and knowledgeable about various virsus but I can not listen to her as she has such a boring voice.

I am astonished you find her boring! Have you even seen this video?! I have utter contempt for your post!

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1708090435753

DuckieHoomever
Share Holder
Share Holder

DeborahM likes this post

jgriff dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:36 am

slainte39 wrote:Knowledge has to come in a pretty package or it´s just not worth the bother.  Rolling Eyes

Beer
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:08 am

slainte39 wrote:Knowledge has to come in a pretty package or it´s just not worth the bother.  Rolling Eyes
You are missing the point. She is acting as a newscaster and should not me as she is not suitable. She should be the information back up person. Poor casting whcih is not her fault but. Many people turn off her monologue. Alberta and Ontario have the sme problem with their broadcasts. This is serious stuff not frivolus news and should be seen by more not fewer people.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji likes this post

oncesubtle, gringal, ElNido, SunFan, DuckieHoomever, TomQC, DeborahM and dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:52 am

cypress wrote:
You are missing the point. She is acting as a newscaster and should not me as she is not suitable. She should be the information back up person. Poor casting whcih is not her fault but. Many people turn off her monologue. Alberta and Ontario have the sme problem with their broadcasts.  This is serious stuff not frivolus news and should be seen by more not fewer people.
Maybe she could get some help from Fox TV.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

jgriff dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:01 am

She is a politician, not a broadcaster, and she is not reading the news. Many, many provincial and federal politicians have been called up to speak on television, far more than before the pandemic, and it can be unnerving. In this video she sounds a little nervous. Completely understandable.

To suggest that a public official be practiced in the art of broadcasting is ridiculous. And in fact, with people complaining all the time about ineffective pols, they should instead be thankful that these people are getting out front.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Irish Gal, ferret and DeborahM like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:56 am

ComputerGuy wrote:She is a politician, not a broadcaster, and she is not reading the news. Many, many provincial and federal politicians have been called up to speak on television, far more than before the pandemic, and it can be unnerving. In this video she sounds a little nervous. Completely understandable.

To suggest that a public official be practiced in the art of broadcasting is ridiculous. And in fact, with people complaining all the time about i
neffective pols, they should instead be thankful that these people are getting out front.

If they want people to listen they should get a good communicator rather than a bureaucrat. Dr. |Henry should be the technical advisor as that is her field. Leave communicating to the communicators.  That is what the more polished news broadcasters do.. The information that she puts out there does get spread around by others.

Last edited by cypress on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret, ElNido, SunFan, DuckieHoomever, TomQC, DeborahM and dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:16 am

It gets down to: Do you want to be entertained, or do you want good information, no matter how it's delivered? Sometimes, you may get both, but it's hardly a prerequisite.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Irish Gal and DeborahM like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:21 am

I just watched several minutes of a recent update by Henry and heard a calm, careful, measured recitation of data, exactly what I think is needed to apprehend what is being said. She does not speak in a monotone and uses appropriate expression. So, Cypress, perhaps her voice is triggering an unconscious connection to something adverse in your past or there is some other similar explanation.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:25 am

Speaking of voices that grate on your nerves. Trump's voice literally shreds my nerves and it's not just the content.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

DeborahM, kamcd, Plan B, karjoeaz, jgriff, Heem and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:32 am

No, but it's the most beautiful voice... probably the most beautiful voice in the world... such a good voice... people are saying.

I "sort of" watch the late-night talk shows (man, I miss Carson), and Colbert is funny, but his continual reading of Trump's tweets, done in a slow, draggy, very poor impression of Trump, drives me nuts.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

RickS likes this post

karjoeaz dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:17 am

Bill Maher does a way better impression...... lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:22 am

... and he will finally be back to make sense of nonsense on July 31... one more week.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heem Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:45 pm

If they want people to listen they should get a good communicator rather than a bureaucrat. Dr. |Henry should be the technical advisor as that is her field. Leave communicating to the communicators.  That is what the more polished news broadcasters do.. The information that she puts out there does get spread around by others.[/quote]

Take your own advice cypress. If you have something worth while to say, get a communicator to do it for you. You are very boring.

Heem
Share Holder
Share Holder

karjoeaz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:45 pm

cypress wrote:
You are missing the point. She is acting as a newscaster and should not me as she is not suitable. She should be the information back up person. Poor casting whcih is not her fault but. Many people turn off her monologue. Alberta and Ontario have the sme problem with their broadcasts.  This is serious stuff not frivolus news and should be seen by more not fewer people.
So you want to be entertained, and require public safety information to be exciting to listen in order to absorb the information. Too bad for you.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Irish Gal and karjoeaz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:53 pm

He should tell it to Trump. I can't count the number of words he has slurred while "speechifying"... which is more like sleepwalking through telemprompters. He cannot remain anomanus... amonamus... amomanus... uh... shorry, Americanshh of the United Shtatesh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gza7H3zG4g8
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:10 pm

gringal wrote:It gets down to:  Do you want to be entertained, or do you want good information, no matter how it's delivered?  Sometimes, you may get both, but it's hardly a prerequisite.

No it does not. The government could have a more effective spokesperson. There are some out there who mock Dr. Henry.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

ElNido, DeborahM and karjoeaz dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:17 pm

So, her voice is boring ? It's to bad that the USA doesn't have someone that's got a boring voice instead of voices that lie, deny and falsify information.
We in BC enjoy her voice and knowledge and that is why we have some of lowest Covid19 cases in North America. Obviously the people up here listen and trust her.
I think it's quite funny an American is complaining about her voice. Obviously there is no one in America with a voice that gets people to listen. razberry
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, gringal, Irish Gal, Giovanna, TomQC, DeborahM and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNido Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:06 am

jgriff wrote:So, her voice is boring ?  It's to bad that the USA doesn't have someone that's got a boring voice instead of voices that lie, deny and falsify information.
 We in BC enjoy her voice and knowledge and that is why we have some of lowest Covid19 cases in North America.  Obviously the people up here listen and trust her.
I think it's quite funny an American is complaining about her voice. Obviously there is no one in America with a voice that gets people to listen. razberry

I think the person of note, is ignorant of the difference between a politician and a civil servant. He refers to Dr Henry as a politician. As far as I know, a civil servant does not have to appeal to any of the electorate, she just has to do her job, which is what she does, admirably. Perhaps also, speaking eloquently and presuming the audience to be educated enough to understand the significance of the message is also a statement about that audience? I regret that the person of note does not seem to understand this, but as I say, it is more of a statement about him, than one about our much respected Dr. Henry.

ElNido

Irish Gal, TomQC, DeborahM and jgriff like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:50 pm

The person of note also enjoys watching forest and vegetation fires on the mountains, which I do not understand at all. Some people have very unusual ideas of what is pleasing,...…. to them.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

jgriff and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:51 pm

The person of note would probably want this person doing daily Covid19 updates.
Dr. Bonnie Henry Receiv11
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Heem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next