INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Way to Vote in 2020 General Elections?

+7
ferret
ComputerGuy
slainte39
lakeside7
Rosa Venus
Carry Bean
Jubilacion
11 posters

Go down

Best Way to Vote in 2020 General Elections? Empty Best Way to Vote in 2020 General Elections?

Post by Jubilacion Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:07 am

New to Lakeside and living abroad. Is VoteFromAbroad.org a good, safe way to get a ballot submitted (we're "South Dakota residents") for the General Election? I'd never heard of this organization until moving here.

My wife and I don't want our votes for Kanye to go uncounted!

flag waver

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

K2tog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Best Way to Vote in 2020 General Elections? Empty Re: Best Way to Vote in 2020 General Elections?

Post by Carry Bean Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:53 am

That’s how I managed it. Gee,I figured I was the only one voting for Kanye. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

K2tog and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Best Way to Vote in 2020 General Elections? Empty Re: Best Way to Vote in 2020 General Elections?

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:01 pm

My last residence in the US was in Seattle and I always get emails from King County Elections giving me access to my ballot. Even though I know I can rely on that this year, yesterday I went to the votefromabroad.org website and went through the steps to request and absentee ballot. The site is very straight forward and simple.

Now, with any luck, I'll be able to vote twice. Very Happy
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:50 pm

I received my ballot from N Carolina today which needs to be returned by 11/3/20

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:55 am

For US citizens…….

QUESTION......"Best Way to Vote in 2020 General Elections?"

ANSWER...…...VOTE BLUE!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

oncesubtle, ferret, Lucky Girl and Heem like this post

MichaelB dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 am

MSNBC and CNN will kill this election for Biden. Every time they catch a whiff of ANY poll that suggests Trump is on the rise, they report on it endlessly. When Biden is on the rise, they merely state that "he is doing well". And they go on and on and on about Trump, so that's all anyone ever hears. They are his best supporters. They certainly helped him win in 2016.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:43 pm

The flip side of that is IF people don't think it's close or that it's a slam dunk, they may not vote because they have become complacent.
It's really important that everyone who can does vote. If they gotta be scared into voting then that's fine too. imho.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Heem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:48 pm

ferret wrote:The flip side of that is IF people don't think it's close or that it's a slam dunk, they may not vote because they have become complacent.
Good point.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:52 pm

Compacency has marred almost every election I've ever witnessed in Canada and the U.S.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelB Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:52 pm

Lakeside7,

From what county in NC did you receive it? I am waiting for Durham county.

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:21 pm

I can see both the CG and ferret points of view, a tough call to make.
Most viewers of CNN and MSNBC are probably Biden supporters and it´s hard to say which psychology will work.
Getting out the vote is the key to a Biden victory as Trump has locked up the greedy, fat cat Republicans and the low IQ, uneducated white male vote along with the religious zealot evangelicals and the racist, bigoted, xenophobic, white nationalist crowd.
CG is right, the more apolitical center independent voter is much more complacent.

Trump demands his supporters to vote, Biden asks his to.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 am

MichaelB wrote:Lakeside7,

Polk

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:21 am

slainte39 wrote:I can see both the CG and ferret points of view, a tough call to make.
Most viewers of CNN and MSNBC are probably Biden supporters and it´s hard to say which psychology will work.
Getting out the vote is the key to a Biden victory as Trump has locked up the greedy, fat cat Republicans and the low IQ, uneducated white male vote along with the religious zealot evangelicals and the racist, bigoted, xenophobic, white nationalist crowd.
CG is right, the more apolitical center independent voter is much more complacent.

Trump demands his supporters to vote, Biden asks his to.

I guess this sounds like someone in desperation calling for a life jacket.....again we are faced with a dumb politician and a business guy who puts his foot in his mouth every time he opens it

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lucky Girl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:15 am

Does anyone know if the Democrats Abroad organization is planning to have their usual voting setup at LCS this year, and if so, when?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSouth Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:37 am

lakeside7 wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Lakeside7,

Polk

Hey, fellow Tarheels: Wake County (Raleigh) and ALL NC counties offer a vote-by-e-Mail option. Online ballots are being sent out September 9th. Let me know if you need info / links.

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down