INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadians cancelling, Americans booking

+9
TomQC
slainte39
Lucky Girl
RoyD
lakeside7
brigitte
mudgirl
RickS
CanuckBob
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Canadians cancelling, Americans booking Empty Canadians cancelling, Americans booking

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:41 pm

This is my experience so far for the upcoming "snowbird" season.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Canadians cancelling, Americans booking Empty Re: Canadians cancelling, Americans booking

Post by RickS Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:57 pm

I'm wondering if one of the reasons Canadians are cancelling is the uncertainty of being able to drive out of Canada into/across the US. Definitely sad stories of Canadians being turned back by US Customs. Then having to quarantine once back into Canada.

Of course, many/most of your quests are probably NOT driving.... right?
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Canadians cancelling, Americans booking Empty Re: Canadians cancelling, Americans booking

Post by mudgirl Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:30 am

Maybe Canadians have more concerns about travelling during a pandemic than Americans do. Like they value their life more than a winter holiday?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, RVGRINGO, Lucky Girl, DeborahM, Plan B, jgriff and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:34 am

Yes, I think Canadians are being far more cautious than the Americans. Most of our guests fly down.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

K2tog, DeborahM and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:10 am

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, I think Canadians are being far more cautious than the Americans. Most of our guests fly down.

and the results shows in the statistics on the pandemia.. Canada is doing way better than the US..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lucky Girl and DeborahM like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Given all the loose comments and political bull sh*t that is flying around If I were a Canadian, I would think twice / 3 times about coming to Mexico!!

Cases and mortality by country, compiled by John Hopkins

COUNTRY CONFIRMED DEATHS CASE-FATALITY DEATHS/100K POP.
Mexico 814,328 83,642 10.3% 66.28
US 7,717,932 214,370 2.8% 65.52
United Kingdom 593,565 42,850 7.2% 64.45
Canada 182,767 9,661 5.3% 26.07

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:03 pm

And I certainly wouldn't go through the US whether by plane, train or automobile........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, slainte39, Lucky Girl, DeborahM and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:44 pm

CanuckBob wrote:And I certainly wouldn't go through the US whether by plane, train or automobile........

But that has nothing to do with Covid-19, right Bob?

RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39, Heem and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Correct. The place is a powder keg with a match playing monkey at the helm.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

oncesubtle, Irish Gal, ferret, slainte39, Lady Otter Latté, mattoleriver, brigitte and like this post

panama dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:44 pm

The CDC stats are similar (change daily). The thing to look at is the percentages not the numbers. Every country has a different population density. The US has the lowest percentage death count in the world, but the highest death count (population), excluding China who is keeping their counts a secret.

I agree with the part about getting back into the US from Mexico/Canada. It was always a problem for us (even before Covid). Almost missed connecting flights twice.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:34 pm

RoyD wrote:The CDC stats are similar (change daily). The thing to look at is the percentages not the numbers. Every country has a different population density. The US has the lowest percentage death count in the world, RoyD

Absolutely 100% false. Don't know where you come up with such an idea.

US- 668 deaths per 1 million population
Canada- 255
France- 506
Italy- 600
Germany- 116
Japan-13
Australia-35

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, Irish Gal, slainte39, RickS, Lucky Girl, TomQC, DeborahM and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:21 pm

Faux news????

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Girl Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Is he using some type of new math??

Lucky Girl
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:40 pm

RoyD wrote:The CDC stats are similar (change daily). The thing to look at is the percentages not the numbers. Every country has a different population density. The US has the lowest percentage death count in the world, but the highest death count (population), excluding China who is keeping their counts a secret.

I agree with the part about getting back into the US from Mexico/Canada. It was always a problem for us (even before Covid). Almost missed connecting flights twice.

RoyD

This is so far off the mark that if it wasn´t a terrible situation, it would be comical.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lucky Girl and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:27 pm

Lucky Girl wrote:Is he using some type of new math??

You mean the type that innumerate people who frequent conspiracy websites and think their country is "doing great" use? And really, anyone who wouldn't question what's coming from the CDC these days, while having the audacity to say other countries are lying about their numbers, is a hopeless case.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 and Lucky Girl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TomQC Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:08 am

mudgirl wrote:
RoyD wrote:The CDC stats are similar (change daily). The thing to look at is the percentages not the numbers. Every country has a different population density. The US has the lowest percentage death count in the world, RoyD

Absolutely 100% false. Don't know where you come up with such an idea.

US- 668 deaths per 1 million population
Canada- 255
France- 506
Italy- 600
Germany- 116
Japan-13
Australia-35

More stats.:   COVID DEATHS PER MILLION
TomQC
TomQC
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, slainte39 and Lucky Girl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:20 am

I am sorry to throw water on your campfire. I just had my doctor appointment this week and he gave me the long talk about Covid straight from medical sources (without asking for it I might add). Let's do the math:

Cases 7,950,000 divided by population 328,200,000 = 2.4 %
Deaths 217,000 divided by population 328,200,000 = .067 %

Again, the news media twists everything around to make it worse than it actually is. However, we have a lot of deaths and that is a sad thing.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:38 am

RoyD wrote:I am sorry to throw water on your campfire. I just had my doctor appointment this week and he gave me the long talk about Covid straight from medical sources (without asking for it I might add). Let's do the math:

Again, the news media twists everything around to make it worse than it actually is. However, we have a lot of deaths and that is a sad thing.

RoyD

What did your doctor say about the people who don’t die but have serious effects that will go on for years or the rest of their lives? Does he have stats and percentages for that?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

gringal, slainte39, Lucky Girl and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:48 am

RoyD wrote:I am sorry to throw water on your campfire. I just had my doctor appointment this week and he gave me the long talk about Covid straight from medical sources (without asking for it I might add). Let's do the math:

RoyD

There is still 660 deaths per million which is a far cry from being the lowest. It isn't even close to being the lowest. It is far closer to being one of the worst.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret, slainte39, Lucky Girl and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:06 pm

RoyD

Your GP is no more qualified to give out comprehensive and accurate information on COVID than he is to do brain or open-heart surgery. Medicine is a highly specialized field. That's why there are epidemiologists and virologists.

And the US currently has the 7th highest death rate per total population of any country in the world. (I don't count Belgium, as they are counting quite differently from other countries- they count all deaths that are only suspected of being from COVID in the total count) You claimed the US had the least number of deaths according to population. So who's twisting things around?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, slainte39, SunFan and Lucky Girl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:07 pm

You’re right. I’ve heard lectures on the statistics that it makes my head spin. There are many words being used and each has a specific description. It is very easy to fool a layman who is not aware of this. That GP either doesn’t know or is spinning the numbers.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 and Lucky Girl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 pm

RoyD wrote:

RoyD

I think the "twisting" is going on right here on this thread and I can´t imagine why.  
What does the media have to gain from false information?  What are you gaining from saying it´s false?
None of it makes any sense unless you just can´t do the comparison math of deaths to population.
Maybe you sleep better at night or use it for an excuse to throw your mask in the trash can.

News media definition=  Thousands of,  newsprint publications, radio and tv, journalists, reporters, and most scientists, forming a great conspiracy cabal, to mislead the people up north in the US.......Is that how you see it?
Well they didn´t convince you, so how are they convincing so many others?  Must be your superior intellect.......

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lucky Girl and Bubba2shoes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:22 pm

Because the media all work for all the countries around the world that are in on the conspiracy. Amazing how countries who can't get along any other time, across the globe, all managed to get together and make up a pandemic, and then keep secret the fact that there is no Covid after all... it's just a plot to get us to... um, do what now?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, slainte39, Lady Otter Latté, Lucky Girl, DeborahM and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:30 pm

ComputerGuy wrote: it's just a plot to get us to... um, do what now?

Eat more ice cream, which is what I´m going to do.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, ComputerGuy, Lucky Girl and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 am

After further research into other countries infection/death rates by population, I have to admit that I was WRONG. The US is the highest in the world, except maybe for China who has under reported their numbers.

Thanks to all for putting me to task and making fact check it.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, gringal, ferret, slainte39, rjf1943, Lady Otter Latté, mattoleriver and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next