INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rounding the Corner

+15
SunFan
slainte39
ComputerGuy
brigitte
inthecolumbiagorge
Jubilacion
TomQC
kiko
JEJACK
mudgirl
Lucky Girl
Lady Otter Latté
ldrews
ferret
RickS
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rounding the Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Rounding the Corner

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:42 pm

SunFan wrote:I'm amazed at how many people I see wearing a mask that doesn't cover their nose. Incredible.

SunFan

Maybe they are as Don Imus used to call them......."low life mouth breathers"
InMexico,  they should be furnished  "cubrenariz"

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:46 am

Oohhh! This thread is turned into a nasty one.

The mask mandate needs to be handled by the states, not the federal government.
Conditions are different in all 50 states and each governor needs to decide what is needed for their particular situation. A one size fits all mandate by the feds is not practical. We do have the mask mandate here in FL and it has helped. However, studies have shown most masks that are available to us peons are not all that effective in protecting or preventing Covid. The N95 mask is the only one that offers decent protection. K95 is not the same as N95, so be warned. Only hospital and first responders can get the N95 masks here in the states.

Most effective prevention is wash your hands frequently, social distance, avoid crowds and DO wear a mask (some protection is better than none).

RoyD

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Playaboy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:52 am

Wearing a mask protects them against [i]you[i], of course. And what you say is already in effect: each state is mandated to make up their own minds about the majority of Covid restrictions. As are municipalities, as was so readily apparent during the first lockdown here lakeside.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:16 pm

RoyD wrote:
Conditions are different in all 50 states and each governor needs to decide what is needed for their particular situation. A one size fits all mandate by the feds is not practical. We do have the mask mandate here in FL and it has helped. However, studies have shown most masks that are available to us peons are not all that effective in protecting or preventing Covid. The N95 mask is the only one that offers decent protection. K95 is not the same as N95, so be warned. Only hospital and first responders can get the N95 masks here in the states.

Most effective prevention is wash your hands frequently, social distance, avoid crowds and DO wear a mask (some protection is better than none.)
RoyD

Well that might work if you live in Oregon or WA or a state where the governor gives a darn about their constituents! If you live in Georgia or Arkansas or Kansas or Wisconsin or any place where the governor does not care it would suck big time. The science behind this virus shows clearly that at this moment the BEST defense we have is wearing a mask.....all of us......not just those that deem it necessary.....not my opinion.....fact! Studies show there are very few cases of transmission due to touching a contaminated surface! It comes to us in the air we breath. Me wearing a mask helps me not to get it and not to spread it to you. Yes....it works better for me to not spread it to you but it indeed does protect me as well and if we all wear masks we are all much much safer!

It should not be up to individual states unless you are closing state borders! Everywhere in the world should mandate masks now if we ever want this to be behind us or at least in manageable levels:/

If anyone needs masks I am giving away 100% cotton reversible washable masks. I have made over 600 already and make more every day. Especially if you know any locals that need them.......I am most happy to give them to anyone but extra happy to give them to people that really need them:-)

Last edited by inthecolumbiagorge on Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a paragraph)
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39, Lucky Girl, kiko, rafterbr and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 pm

Definitely!! Anything is better than nothing at all. Fines should be levied against those that do not comply. If you don't want to wear a mask stay home or visit the White House..........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Carry Bean, slainte39, Lady Otter Latté, Lucky Girl and inthecolumbiagorge like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:45 pm

RoyD wrote:Oohhh! This thread is turned into a nasty one.

Most effective prevention is wash your hands frequently, social distance, avoid crowds and DO wear a mask (some protection is better than none).

RoyD

RoyD

I don´t think that works because too many people are travelling from state to state and secondly these governors all have different ideas of what is the right thing to do.
Consistency cannot be achieved by state to state decisions that are over the place.
The countries that have done the best are the ones with country wide protocols.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, Lady Otter Latté, Lucky Girl, kiko, inthecolumbiagorge and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:42 pm

And of course there IS no federal mask mandate.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:50 pm

I'm in Seattle right now hiding from Mr. Corona. And I have learned how to cook great TV dinners.

When I go out shopping everyone up here must and does wear a mask. It's no big deal. I sure hope a vaccine becomes available soon. They say that I will have maximum coverage ten days after the injection. I sure do miss Lake Chapala and will get back 10 days after I am able to get an injection to protect this old fart against Corona.

Again, up North we all re wear our masks when going out. And the N95 masks are for Medical staff only. However imitation N95 masks made in China and labeled KN95 and not quite up to par with the N95 masks are readily available on line for the general public
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TomQC Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:01 am

This is the way I understand the "mask" regardless of who tells/orders me to wear it!  This bug is DEADLY and till they find an effective vaccine I will do everything and anything to prevent  from getting it or God forsake, give it to someone, I will therefore take ALL necessary precautions!  As RoyD said "Most effective prevention is wash your hands frequently, social distance, avoid crowds and DO wear a mask (some protection is better than none)."

Rounding the Corner - Page 3 11762610

And you can't please everyone:

Rounding the Corner - Page 3 12278810
TomQC
TomQC
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, slainte39, SunFan, ComputerGuy, LLiving, Lucky Girl, Heem and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3