INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

transfer at MEX

+2
addtocart
jgriff
6 posters

Go down

transfer at MEX Empty transfer at MEX

Post by jgriff Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:13 am

Hola

I'm flying from GDL to YVR with AeroMexico and have to connect in MEX. I will have a carry on and 1 checked bag. Landing in terminal 1 and departing in terminal 2. They have given me a 45 min layover. Is that enough time to change terminals ? I am having my doubts, as of right now I don't trust AeroMexico. I also have doubts they would hold the 2nd leg if they screwed up the 1st leg ( late )
I had a very nice schedule before but they have been cancelling a lot of flights. I know all airlines are hurting.
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

transfer at MEX Empty Re: transfer at MEX

Post by addtocart Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:07 am

It's been awhile, but I do remember that T1 and T2 are far apart. The only way to get from one to the other is a train. The stars would really have to be aligned for you to get off your flight, run to the train which would have to be on the verge of closing the doors, getting to the other terminal, running to the gate, etc.

I left out probably a lot of steps, but 45 minutes sounds like wishful thinking to me.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by danpatman Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:16 am

If you are Aeromexico all the way it is the same terminal and no need to change. 45 minutes is tight but you should make it if the departure is not delayed.

If you are not Aeromexico all the way then I would say there is very little chance you make the connection if you have to change terminal and then check in again.
danpatman
danpatman

Humor : British

https://www.flipflopnomads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:21 am

danpatman wrote:If you are Aeromexico all the way it is the same terminal and no need to change. 45 minutes is tight but you should make it if the departure is not delayed.

If you are not Aeromexico all the way then I would say there is very little chance you make the connection if you have to change terminal and then check in again.

Yes it's AM all the way. My ticket says terminal 1 then terminal 2 so I don't understand your comment.
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:32 am

jgriff wrote:
danpatman wrote:If you are Aeromexico all the way it is the same terminal and no need to change. 45 minutes is tight but you should make it if the departure is not delayed.

Yes it's AM all the way.  My ticket says terminal 1 then terminal 2 so I don't understand your comment.

Your ticket only lists the departure terminal for each leg.  I.e., you are departing GDL from Terminal 1.  You are departing MEX from Terminal 2.  You will LAND at Terminal 2, but the tickets do not show that.  Aeroméxico ONLY operates out of Terminal 2 at MEX.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks Now I got it. That makes me feel better about making the connection,
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:24 am

Yes, all of AM is in terminal 2 at Mex. 45 minutes should be ok as long as you aren't delayed out of GDL. I have flown to Vancouver via AM many times.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:07 pm

My wife just took an Aeromexico flight this afternoon from GDL to YYZ (Toronto) via Mexico City that originally had a 55 min. layover. The flight was late leaving GDL so she did not make her connection. Aeromexico has put her and 6 others in the same situation on the same flight connection up in the Airport Holiday Inn overnight at N/C and with dinner, breakfast and lunch tomorrow including shuttle service to/from the hotel. They have rebooked these wayward souls on the Air Canada flight tomorrow afternoon (partner with Aeromexico) so all is good. So I think if the airline makes the booking, it is their responsibility to deliver and correct unavoidable delays.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:59 pm

Thanks Izzie. Much appreciated
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder