INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping some stuff back to the States

5 posters

Go down

Shipping some stuff back to the States Empty Shipping some stuff back to the States

Post by DWBH Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Have an exercise bike,  7 framed pictures and a mixer that I want to ship to Florida. Any practical suggestions other than the local movers?

DWBH

Back to top Go down

Shipping some stuff back to the States Empty Re: Shipping some stuff back to the States

Post by brigitte Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:26 pm

a freight forwarder from Tonala or Tlaquepaque maybe?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shipping some stuff back to the States Empty Re: Shipping some stuff back to the States

Post by DWBH Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:27 pm

Do you have any contact information?

DWBH

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:27 pm

Probably cheaper to replace the bike and mixer than what it may cost to ship.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

brigitte likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWBH Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:33 pm

I agree Bob but wanted to supply approximate cost for the person requesting the items. Figured if I shipped them, I should check on shipping the framed pictures also.

DWBH

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:34 pm

How this works is that unless the shipping company builds the packing materials to an international code, they will not be insurarable. For some, they take the risk and try to make sure they are only carried by air ride equipped trucks. These are not insurable either. So it comes down to the reputation of the freight company.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:14 pm

Sebastian Export is one of them in Tlaquepaque at the end of Independencia 33 3639 9297. There are others but I do not have their names or numbers handly
I have used them to hip to the States.. all artesania o they know how to pack very well.. It is not cheap but they have never brokenanything or loss anything we have shipped. Speak with Marcela.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:22 pm

It will probably be cheaper to take the pictures in a couple of picture boxes as excess luggage. That's what the Mexicans do all the time.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DWBH Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:24 pm

Thanks for the responses

DWBH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down