INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Expected to Require Covid Test of all Incoming International Airline Passengers

+3
Mordita63
jgriff
BisbeeGal
7 posters

Go down

US Expected to Require Covid Test of all Incoming International Airline Passengers Empty US Expected to Require Covid Test of all Incoming International Airline Passengers

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:38 pm

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-to-require-covid-19-tests-for-all-international-visitors-11610472867

Updated Jan. 12, 2021 12:55 pm ET

The U.S. government is expected to require all international airline passengers to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test before boarding flights to the country, people familiar with the matter said.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is planning to issue its order as soon as Tuesday, following weeks of discussions among federal agencies and the White House coronavirus task force. The order is expected to go into effect Jan. 26, according to a person familiar with the matter. The CDC and other administration officials were still completing the order.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

US Expected to Require Covid Test of all Incoming International Airline Passengers Empty Re: US Expected to Require Covid Test of all Incoming International Airline Passengers

Post by jgriff Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:18 am

Yes, it looks like as per the CDC website this morning that it will be a viral test which means the are requiring a PCR test. This is the same test that Canadians are required to have when flying into Canada. Test must be done no more than 72hrs before flight.
I have been looking around Lakeside and El Logo lab behind the Chapala bus station is where I am getting mine. $3500 pesos and get the results 36 hrs. They gave me an appointment and the place is very clean. There is a lady there that speaks limited English but very informative. It is a small waiting area but lots of room to stand outside.
I just thought I would pass this info on if anyone is looking to get tested at a reasonable price. SA Hospital is $6500 pesos. Chopo is $4500 but you have to go to Guad. BestLab doesn't do a PCR test. GoLab takes 6-7 days
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Jubilacion likes this post

Back to top Go down

US Expected to Require Covid Test of all Incoming International Airline Passengers Empty Re: US Expected to Require Covid Test of all Incoming International Airline Passengers

Post by Mordita63 Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:51 am

I will be flying from GDL to North Carolina on Jan 27 and will now need this Covid test. Where else can I get tested..other than the ones listed above? Waiting 3 days for results won't work. Thanks.
Mordita63
Mordita63

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:13 am

jgriff wrote:Yes, it looks like as per the CDC website this morning that it will be a viral test which means the are requiring a PCR test. This is the same test that Canadians are required to have when flying into Canada. Test must be done no more than 72hrs before flight.
 I have been looking around Lakeside and El Logo lab behind the Chapala bus station is where I am getting mine. $3500 pesos and get the results 36 hrs. They gave me an appointment and the place is very clean. There is a lady there that speaks limited English but very informative.  It is a small waiting area but lots of room to stand outside.
I just thought I would pass this info on if anyone is looking to get tested at a reasonable price.  SA Hospital is $6500 pesos. Chopo is $4500 but you have to go to Guad. BestLab doesn't do a PCR test. GoLab takes 6-7 days

CDC site says it will accept EITHER an NAAT test or an antigen test (but not an antibody test).  NAAT test is I ***believe*** a type of PCR test.  Canada will only accept a PCR test.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html#:~:text=On%20January%2012%2C%202021%2C%20CDC,airline%20before%20boarding%20the%20flight.US Expected to Require Covid Test of all Incoming International Airline Passengers Tests10
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordita63 Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 am

Was just informed that GO lab in SAT does the Antigen test...same day results for $900. pesos..... I'll be going there. No way I can wait 4 days for results.
Mordita63
Mordita63

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:29 am

Thanks Bisbeegal
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:10 am

This is the Canadian requirement from the Consulate email notification I received.

"The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or a Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) test and must be taken within 72 hours prior to traveller’s scheduled departure to Canada."

Doesn't look to me that the Canadian requirement will accept an antigen test. Maybe the US will??

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 am

Different countries, different rules. CDC in US quite clear.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:27 am

Different countries, different rules. CDC in US quite clear.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:28 am

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html#:~:text=On%20January%2012%2C%202021%2C%20CDC,airline%20before%20boarding%20the%20flight.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:29 am

When do I need to get a test to travel to the US? And what kind of test do I need?
Get tested no more than 3 days before your flight to the US departs. Make sure to be tested with a viral test (NAAT or antigen test) to determine if you are currently infected with COVID-19. Also make sure that you receive your results before your flight departs and have documentation of your results to show the airline.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mordita63 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:49 pm

Everything I've read says antigen tests are not acceptable. PCR tests only, and here they apparently range between 3500 and 6500p.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:47 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Everything I've read says antigen tests are not acceptable. PCR tests only, and here they apparently range between 3500 and 6500p.
In US??? Please include link that says antigen test not acceptable. Thx.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:59 pm

Quick cut/paste very recent article in Wall Street Journal. FYI many travel sites say same, that Rapid Antigen test is fine under US CDC rules.
www.wsj.com › articles › the-ne...
The New Covid-19 Testing Rules for Travel to the U.S.—What They ...
1 hour ago — Airlines can accept both PCR and rapid antigen tests.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:24 pm

Mordita63 wrote:Was just informed that GO lab in SAT does the Antigen test...same day results for $900. pesos..... I'll be going there.  No way I can wait 4 days for results.

Is GO Lab still out where Mascaras used to be? Or did they move to SAT Hospital complex?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:50 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:Everything I've read says antigen tests are not acceptable. PCR tests only, and here they apparently range between 3500 and 6500p.
In US??? Please include link that says antigen test not acceptable. Thx.

My bad... I was reading Cdn sites, not US. Coulda sworn... anyway, bad info thankfully corrected.

Makes me wonder, though...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:34 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:
Mordita63 wrote:Was just informed that GO lab in SAT does the Antigen test...same day results for $900. pesos..... I'll be going there.  No way I can wait 4 days for results.

Is GO Lab still out where Mascaras used to be?  Or did they move to SAT Hospital complex?

Farmacia Maskaras, which is the same company as GO Labs, has a farmacia 1/2 block west of the SA Hospital on the Carretera in SAT. You can go there for your muestra or directly to the GO Lab in Riberas.  
They ARE NOT in the SA Hospital complex. They still have a farmacia in Riberas but the lab is several doors west of that, same side.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

RickS, Mordita63 and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:06 am

US Expected to Require Covid Test of all Incoming International Airline Passengers Labtes10
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rckrckr Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:11 am

US Embassy Covd-19 Information
Updated yesterday, includes links to (sez it's non-comprehensive) list of acceptable labs throughout Mexico.

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down