INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

driving a newly purchased car without license plates and registration

3 posters

Go down

driving a newly purchased car without license plates and registration Empty driving a newly purchased car without license plates and registration

Post by Sherman Mon May 31, 2021 10:26 am

I'm buying a car in another state ... and am to pick it up tomorrow.

Can I drive the car from one state to another without plates on the car and only a copy of the registration for 2021. I will have the original factura and sales document. That's the first question? This is what the dealer intended.

I challenged this and said there needs to be the permit to drive without plates. He said he would get it that for 30 days (but suspect he may not). Is that permit required and is it enough to return to Jalisco?

I know I have to reregister for Jalisco ... that is the easy part.
and, I will check with the attorney .... just curious about what other's have done.

Thanks ...

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

driving a newly purchased car without license plates and registration Empty Re: driving a newly purchased car without license plates and registration

Post by ferret Mon May 31, 2021 10:40 am

Sherman, nobody in their right mind would buy a car from another state. It is a royal pain in the butt to re-register a car in Jalisco. Specifically Jalisco which seems to be a law unto itself. I highly suggest that you contact Spencer and pay for his advice and expertise.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

oncesubtle, gringal, RVGRINGO and Plan B like this post

Sherman dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

driving a newly purchased car without license plates and registration Empty Re: driving a newly purchased car without license plates and registration

Post by Jubilacion Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:26 pm

Curious....what ever happened with your new car and getting registered in Jalisco???

Sherman wrote:I'm buying a car in another state ... and am to pick it up tomorrow.

Can I drive the car from one state to another without plates on the car and only a copy of the registration for 2021.  I will have the original factura and sales document.   That's the first question?  This is what the dealer intended.

I know I have to reregister for Jalisco ... that is the easy part.
and, I will check with the attorney ....  just curious about what other's have done.

Thanks ...

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Bought the car in Queretaro.  Had car and paperwork inspected there, we ran all of the on-line 'checks'.  It was bought at a known and reliable dealer.  No problems. 2019, which is what I wanted, checked out for mileage 'advertised' (matched oil changes/maintenance records) and car was in good condition.  All went well.  I took the bus there in the morning and drove the car back to Jalisco in the afternoon.

Drove back to Jalisco with plates from another state (that had been cancelled).
Registered the car in Jalisco.

As mentioned above (in such a gracious way), registering a used car, and to get new plates, in Jalisco is a pain in the xxx and expensive.   I used Luis from Spencer's office, who did a good job facilitating the registration which has to be done in Tonola (cannot be done locally).  I would have saved money if I had kept my Jalisco plates from the car I sold.  But, I thought it was simpler if I just sold my old car with the Jalisco plates.  That was my choice.  It was one ugly expensive day in Tonala, but the rest went well.  And, I'm pleased with the car.

Also, this morning, I stopped at the place where I have my mechanical work done ... and the owner said there is a work-around (a Mexican work-around) for the expensive registration fee. I'm past that point since I have my new plates and probably would not have done that ....but if anyone is thinking about bringing a used car into Jalisco without Jalisco plates, you are welcome to contact me directly. I will give you the name of the shop owner who has used another plan.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down