INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TotalPlay VOIP vs. iLox

4 posters

Go down

TotalPlay VOIP vs. iLox Empty TotalPlay VOIP vs. iLox

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:19 am

My TelMex landline has been down for two weeks, even after numerous reports via WhatsApp, online chat, telephone calls to support, robot messages via email, and a report in person at the office in Ajijic.

So I hooked up a phone to the VOIP service on my TotalPlay modem. I make a call every night, and after 8 minutes or so it drops out, and I have to call again... at which point it stays on. But the quality is less than great, so I switched over to the iLox VOIP. Quality is better, but it drops out almost exactly every 4 minutes, continually. iLox users complained about their iLox number since day one, but then reports were coming in that it had improved. Not in my experience.

Pretty bad for business. If anyone needs me, they can use my mike-at-ajijicomputing.com address, or ajijiccomputing on Facebook Messenger.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

TotalPlay VOIP vs. iLox Empty Re: TotalPlay VOIP vs. iLox

Post by SunFan Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:33 pm

VOIP's been around for twenty plus years. Its nor rocket science.

I wonder what the real reason is why neither company chooses to offer reliable service.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:15 pm

I had a SoundBlaster VOIP card in my tower 30+ years ago. Skype is a complete software solution. Should be a no-brainer for a VOIP circuit built in to a high-speed fibre modem. SunFan, you still have VOIP issues like mine with iLox?

Apart from failing to offer reliable VOIP service, how come they deny there even is a problem and never do anything about it? I haven't tried raising the issue with TP yet... some days you just need to take a break from the pointless head-banging.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:14 pm

I have no problems with my Totalplay phone. Gave up on my ILOX voip phone. It was hopeless.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:42 pm

SunFan wrote:VOIP's been around for twenty plus years. Its nor rocket science.

I wonder what the real reason is why neither company chooses to  offer reliable service.

SunFan

I am guessing they bought a second rate VOIP phone switch. I have zero problems with my totalplay phone. My neighbor has no problems with totalplay phone either. Never could get ILOX phone to work and was accused of not operating it properly. Its a friggin phone idiot support person, you dial a number and if it answers you talk. Duhhhh

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

nlu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Anybody here using TelMex VOIP? I keep hearing that if you sign up for a phone number these days, that's all they give you. I would hope it's better quality than TotalPlay (the worst quality) and iLox (not much better).
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:23 pm

I just have a standard Telmex $499 peso package which gives me up to 50.2 Mb/sec down by 8.2 up under ideal conditions, slightly slower during periods off heavy use by others and I can phone anywhere in the US or Canada (perhaps other countries as well) for free. I have had this account and phone # since 1997 and Inifinitum internet since it was available many years ago.

I just know that I have a standard telephone line to to the Telmex office and I have no idea about my connection between the office and persons up north, I just know the quality is very good.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:43 pm

Pete, you know I like you, but your comment has absolutely nothing to do with my question.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down