INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

outside house painter

5 posters

Go down

outside house painter Empty outside house painter

Post by sturdley Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:07 pm

I would like to hire a house painter that I can pay by the hour.

Any suggestions?

sturdley

Back to top Go down

outside house painter Empty Re: outside house painter

Post by CHILLIN Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:31 pm

The last time we paid a painter by the hour, I caught him him painting the same area over and over to waste time. He also asked for lacquer thinner, which was odd, since none of the paints required it, he was ' huffing' it to get high. Last straw, we had bought our Halloween candy to give away, he gradually stole half of it, and then took all the new paint buckets, leaving us the old crappy ones.

Who you need to find is someone who paints, inside or out, using an HVLP or an airless paint sprayer. They use masking tapes to block areas not wanting paint, then these systems lay down enough paint that a second coat is often not needed, especially if they are laying down a prep coat of primer. Ridiculously fast. Most professional painters NOB use this system. Charging something like $80 to paint an entire average size bedroom.

Ask at a paint store which supplies commercial painters. Brushes and rollers take too long and leave a big mess.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:56 pm

Spray painting will not last as long as the the brush and roller method. It will look good at first but will never last as long as the brush method. We recently had our outside walls redone. The painter scraped and prepped, repaired the walls, applied a coating of primer than painted it twice. It looks great. Cost was very reasonable. His name is Eduardo at 3314134482

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Plan B and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mexbound Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:32 pm

Questions. Does Eduardo have a vehicle? We live way up on the mountain so he would need a vehicle. Also, does he have a crew or is he a one man band?

mexbound

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:43 pm

Eduardo is a one man show but works very hard. He hardly ever took a break. He rides the autobus so would probably have trouble up mountain. We picked out the color we wanted and the paint shop delivered in 5 gallon buckets. Cost was almost evenly divided between his labor and cost of paint. We had him bid the job and he was very cheap. I am sure he made less than 100 peso's an hour.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:58 pm

Painters are paid by the job or actually the meter, I would not recommend paying one by the hour or the day.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down