INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento

+7
SunFan
ferret
cypress
caligirl108
CanuckBob
BisbeeGal
BigKH
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento Empty Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento

Post by BigKH Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:38 am

How is the service and quality of MUNICIPAL water services (Jocotepec, Chapala) in contrast to FRACCIONAMIENTO water services (ie Las Fuentes, Racquet Club, Chapala Haciendas, Vista del Lago)?
BigKH
BigKH

Back to top Go down

Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento Empty Re: Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:25 pm

Vista del Lago tried to make a water grab from Simapa. Citizens of San Nicholas protested. Simapa stopped it but it remains an issue as Vista del Lago claims the prior Chapala gobierno approved their getting public water, while Simapa says only they have right to decide who gets public water.

https://www.facebook.com/paginaquesiselee/posts/5612018878827659

https://www.facebook.com/paginaquesiselee/posts/5612331192129761

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento Empty Re: Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:40 pm

My friends in the Racquet Club have had ongoing issues with the water supply. Continual problems with the wells and pumps.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:05 pm

The water system infrastructure in Chapala (town) is strained, to say the least. A month or so ago, the tap water was YELLOW.. My dentist who lives on north side (uses a separate BIG tinaco) said same thing. Smelled too - Urgh - could NOT wash my face with it, potentially infecting my eyes. Then flyers stated no water for 4 days - work being done.  Water now clear, but I think it would be a VERY colorful culture plate..

Talking w Rivera's Water Store gal today - they haul their water from Ixtlahuacán & then Reverse Osmosis/ UV treat it. I attribute my health status due to the purity of that water = 41 pesos/week.  Riberas water?  Enuf people on this blog live there - let them brag on it. LOL

Chula Vista frac needs a new well to address current demand, but project stalled. Property assessment someday, you know - its Mexico. CV uses LOTS of water: old, leaky pipes & gardners who use water with abandon. Idiot gardner I was stuck w used 10,000 gallons/month; yeah, read that again. Water is cheap in Gringlandia & so many pretty flores to water... but CV historically has had best water lakeside w its clorine ozinated system.

Cute story - San Antonio Hospital uses LOTS of Simapa water - apparently TWICE what they were originally allotted. Recently, people in Blue Parrot have been running out of water.. Simapa's solution to the complex's complaints? Have workers go over to the hospital & turn off a few valves, allow BP owner's water tanks to fill. Presumably once filled, turn the hospital valves back on. WHO KNEW hand washing would require so much water when they built the place!!  Wonder who else in SAT has been impacted by the hospital absconding with someone else's water, with so many gone/leaving town now.

So nothing to look at here, just keep up with all that new construction.  The water table really is Guad's EXCLUSIVE water source. New growth boom in Gotham as well.  For a quick reference of what happens next, check California news item: '6 million SoCal residents are asked to conserve outdoor watering to once a week'. Paradise with a capital P there too.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mad_Max and HarryB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:12 am

The Raquet Club water seems fairly clean but there is not enough of it-people water their lawns extensively. The RC just spent millions drilling a new well that produced very little water. The large mesa above the RC has been cleared of brush and roads and hundreds of lots are for sale a well has been drilled there but no one seems to know how much water it produces. Meanwhile the  new development hopes to use some of the RC infrastructure. Meanwhile the RC has spent millions cleaning up from the October flooding there.
In general there is too much development, especially along the north of the lake for the amount of water that is available.

Last edited by cypress on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

HarryB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:46 am

LOL......I heard the RC drilled a 700' well up the hill, 700' above lake level and didn't get much water. Duh..........you can't make this stuff up.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

HarryB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:04 am

The water level doesn't travel in a straight line at a specific level below a body of water.
We lived at the top of a hill outside Thornbury, Ontario and had better water than the neighbours living at lower levels.
I'll try and find a link to explain this. However, a deeper well than any of your neighbours' will cause their water level to change for the worse. It's a really interesting subject.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:32 am

I'll bet there isn't much water above lake level around here.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:19 am

It's a complicated subject and these two links only touch on some of the variables.

https://waterpurificationguide.com/the-9-reasons-your-well-water-can-run-out/

https://opentextbc.ca/geology/chapter/14-2-groundwater-flow/

Edited to add: the trees growing naturally on the hillside are getting their water from somewhere because I don't think their roots are THAT deep.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:44 am

The third well for Chula Vista  is anticipating possible future supply problems from one of their two wells that has shifted slightly from movement of the earth.

In the ten plus years I've been there its been potable water 24X7X365. CV manages its water like liquid gold.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

ferret, kiko, caligirl108 and HarryB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:55 am

SunFan wrote: CV manages its water like liquid gold. SunFan

It IS liquid gold and we should all be managing it that way. Kudos to CV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKH Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:18 pm

Darn!  Didn't realize it's getting pretty bad.  Gotta agree...more development, less water availability.  

It's it this bad in Jocotepec and/or south shore (SC Zapotitlan, SL Soyatlan, Tuxcueca)?
BigKH
BigKH

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:06 am

CanuckBob wrote:LOL......I heard the RC drilled a 700' well up the hill, 700' above lake level and didn't get much water. Duh..........you can't make this stuff up.
The well that the RC drilled in the dog park was 300 metres deep.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebrozo Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:30 am

A couple of interesting comments taken from a recent social media post about Raquet Club water . . .

= = = = = = = = =

Has anyone heard that if you live at the Raquet Club because the water is pumped in so hot that the water purification systems don't work?

The water is cooled before distributed. It's never really cold per say, but is not "hot" from a tap.

Then you don't live very close to the well . . . Last time I worked on water systems in any house within 3 blocks of that well the water is freaking DANGEROUS!

I live in Raquet Club, my water is so hot I have to fill washer night before for cold water wash. I think it depends on where you live in Racquet Club.

We rent seasonally in the Racquet Club. There are mornings my cold tap is hotter than the hot tap.   Never really been a true problem, though.

Why does it come in so hot?

Because the source is thermal.
cerebrozo
cerebrozo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:36 pm

CanuckBob wrote:LOL......I heard the RC drilled a 700' well up the hill, 700' above lake level and didn't get much water. Duh..........you can't make this stuff up.
I don't think that is quite true. The RC did not drill a 700 foot deep well up on mesa grande-a private developer did.

Last edited by cypress on Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:40 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I'll bet there isn't much water above lake level around here.
A number of wells are above lake level and they have water, they say they have hit an underground flow.

Last edited by cypress on Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:42 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I'll bet there isn't much water above lake level around here.
People say there are underground "rivers".

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Water Service - Municipal vs Fraccionamiento Empty Water supply

Post by cypress Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:53 pm

The purifcation systems in the RC do work more or less. The water cools down in the piping, aljibes, and tinacos
The water at the RC well is 56°. The water came onto my property at about 33° to 53° depending on the season and overall usage.

Last edited by cypress on Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:28 pm

cypress wrote:
I don't think that is quite true. The RC did not drill a 700 foot deep well up on mesa grande-a private developer did.
The elevation of mesa grande is more like 2,000 feet

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:12 am

The water out of the tap at my friends in the RC is 160F. Crazy.......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:39 am

CanuckBob wrote:The water out of the tap at my friends in the RC is 160F. Crazy.......

Is it potable?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:41 am

I guess not a lot of houses in RC have ice makers in fridges?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:11 am

BisbeeGal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:The water out of the tap at my friends in the RC is 160F. Crazy.......

Is it potable?
No not potable

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:14 am

Carry Bean wrote:I guess not a lot of houses in RC have ice makers in fridges?

Most houses in the RC have ice makers. The water does not go directly from the RC well but first to aljibes where it cools down a bit and some sediment settles out.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun May 01, 2022 7:28 pm

CanuckBob wrote:My friends in the Racquet Club have had ongoing issues with the water supply. Continual problems with the wells and pumps.
It is spelt Raquet Club.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next