INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younger Crowd

+7
simpsca
Hensley
Intercasa
ferret
hound dog
CanuckBob
Chapalagringa
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Younger Crowd Empty Younger Crowd

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Talk on TOB today and was wondering besides Intercasa, 007, CaunkleheadBob & myself, if there are more posting here? Imagine hocks to be, right? I'm needing an afternoon at the Coffee Hour again soon!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Younger Crowd Empty Re: Younger Crowd

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:50 pm

What are we considering to be "younger"?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Under 50.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:11 pm

At 69 you no longer need to be massaged. At 50 you still give a shit what others think of you but you have yet to realize they are all lying.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Hmm, must have wisdom beyond me years. Can't say words don't hurt but I've known who I am for oh, going on 9 years now, mid to early 30's. That's when I really started living! Only have One to impress. lol sorry, couldn't help me self.

It's not that I don't socialize w/the over 50 crowd, quite the opposite. My neighbor told me there's many of us youngins down here, but i haven't met them. Over the past few weeks I've realized that there are complete families living down here. Grandparents, parents & grandkids. This isn't to exclude the young at heart but as you all have many gatherings, it'd be nice for the youngins to also have a few now and then.

This afternoon I came across another forum w/a poll to the right of the screen. Actually, I recognized hound dog had posted there. The poll was about what people found most difficult about being an expat. I clicked the results and at the top was, "loneliness." So, lets not be lonely and get together! :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:55 pm

I think it's a great idea. Obviously, we won't be joining you but I do remember that it was very hard to find people in our age group 15 years ago. There were hardly any forums and very few had a computer and an internet connection.

Subject matter of conversations would be different. Even the music would be different (not better ;) )

Go for it!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:00 am

[quote="Chapalagringa"]
...Over the past few weeks I've realized that there are complete families living down here. Grandparents, parents & grandkids....

That´s how it works in Mexico and everywhere else on the planet, Chapalagringa. That´s the real reason we have sexual activity on the planet. Did you actually think that Mexicans didn´t procreate and conceive children?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:12 am

It is nice to hang out with people your age or who have a young appearance and don't act old with some things in common but all too commonly many of us work, whether we need to or we just like to drive ourselves insane.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:22 am

Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:13 am

Chapalagringa wrote:Talk on TOB today and was wondering besides Intercasa, 007, CaunkleheadBob & myself, if there are more posting here? Imagine hocks to be, right? I'm needing an afternoon at the Coffee Hour again soon!

I still post there. Yes, Chapalagranga - ready for Coffee Hour.

Dawg where have you been? I haven't seen you post lately.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:34 am

When should we do another Coffee Hour? A get together w/the younger crowd would be nice once in a while but I'm still up for one w/anyone who wants to come as well! :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:03 am

simpsca wrote:
Dawg where have you been? I haven't seen you post lately.

Simpsca:

Thanks for asking. Dawg is thrilled that someone miised me besides Canuck Bob (We Bobs are everywhere - Bama Bob and Canuck Bob - there is no escaping us. One says yáll and one says eh!. The only way you can tell us apart. A perverse and ubiquitous lot). We are at our San Cristóbal de Las Casas residence because October is supposed to be a fine weather month down here. Jesus, did we get that wrong. Maybe we took a wrong turn and ended up in Anchorage. As you may know, San Cristóbal is at 7,000 feet so when it clouds up down here the weather can be a bit bracing. We had planned to head over to Tabasco next week but we think the whole state is under water.

I have not been posting hereabouts because we are not at Lake Chapala but maybe I should as we have had some fine road adventures between Ajijic and Chiapas. We will return to Ajijic in November via Oaxaca where we plan to space out on Oaxaca grub so maybe that will call for some postings. The food there can be pretty damn good.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:22 am

As described here: "younger crowd" is a real ROFLMAO. For those of you who aren't suffering from memory loss, zap your heads back to when you were a teen and thought 30 was over the hill. Then remember when people said "life begins at 40" and you knew for sure they were insane.

Then the day came when, OMIGOD, you passed that mark and realized they were actually right; you still had your body working but your brain had grown up and you weren't doing the stupid things (especially in relationships) that you did at 20. So 40 wasn't bad.

Then, the years flew by and the one thing you didn't want to be was OLD. That meant over 50 until you pushed it to over 60 and who knows where "old" begins anymore. Some fool swimmer tried to get to Cuba at 61 recently. Couldn't get a visa, I guess.

The term "young at heart" is a real kicker. Now, may I refer you to the Octagon, with the wonderful Betty White and her comment about what takes a real pounding that balls can't?
lol!

Have a good time, youngsters......whether you're 25, 35 or 65.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:32 am

60 knows 30 but 30 does not know 60.

Even though Dawg will hit 70 in February, God willing, I am still 35 and always will be.

My favorite quote is recently from Willie Nelson:

"Well, I´ve recently turned 73 and have outlived my d*ck."

Smokealot
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Well the younger crowd leaves me out! I think there are 3 of you in your 40s that I know of.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:43 pm

So, that will make it a small intimate gathering Very Happy

They gotta get together and talk about us silly old farts...who shall we plant a bug on?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:24 pm

ferret wrote:So, that will make it a small intimate gathering Very Happy

They gotta get together and talk about us silly old farts...who shall we plant a bug on?

Let's plant it on ChapalaGringa since I think it's her idea. LOL Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Chapalagringa wrote: This afternoon I came across another forum w/a poll to the right of the screen. Actually, I recognized hound dog had posted there. The poll was about what people found most difficult about being an expat. I clicked the results and at the top was, "loneliness."

Hey Chapalagringa, where can I find the poll you're referring to?
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Here you go Traveller:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/mexico-expat-forum-expats-living-mexico/
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Chapalagringa:

Please take into account just who the heavy handed and opinionated mod is on that forum! Enough said!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:43 pm

I don't even read that forum. It came up in a google search for something & I noticed that poll, that's all.

Btw CG, are you still down here visiting or are you back up north? You're quite the tourist! :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:00 pm

While it would have been great to continue with our combined tourist and business trip, all great things must come to an end and they did back in the first part of September. Kathy had to return to her job and I had to get back to work on our website with all of the new ammunition from our trip. While not in our plans prior to our latest trip, we were convinced to add a new source of Talavera, iron Cruces de Casa from Chiapas, traditional Zapotec Rugs from Oaxaca, mesquite and parota wood furniture from Sayula and a new dynamic look of metal home furnishings from Zapopan to our product offerings. And the website keeps getting larger! Tedious job but someone has to do it!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:50 pm

have you ever posted the link?

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:42 pm

I wish that it was at that stage. My little monster still requires a bunch more work. Never done this before and I certainly have been using the "trial and error" method of learning. I hope to have at least part of the site published in the next 30 days and then can add new sections as I get them done. Seemingly simple things like using the Tall Boy's music for entertainment is problematic. I just received original soundtracks this weekend but still don't have the formal releases required to use their music. The "bitch" is in all the details!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Are they waiting for their copyright numbers or something? There's no indie option? :). When you're speaking of entertainment, are you speaking of selling their album via download or playing their music in the background?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next