INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFE update

+3
BisbeeGal
CanuckBob
SunshineyDay
7 posters

Go down

CFE update Empty CFE update

Post by SunshineyDay Tue May 24, 2022 10:02 am

Has anyone gone to do the update they are requesting by 6/30. If so what docs and info do they want?
Please don't furnish the utube video about it. Please an actual experience.
TIA

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

CFE update Empty Re: CFE update

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 24, 2022 10:08 am

I went to CFE this morning at 9:00am. I was the only one there. They only have two tellers so things could get lined up.

I took:

My last CFE bill;
A printout of my Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document;
My residency visa card

They kept the CFE bill and Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document. They took a copy of my visa card. They also required my phone number. All in all it took about 5 minutes.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue May 24, 2022 10:15 am

For those of you who have their RFC registered with CFE---where is it shown on the bill?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue May 24, 2022 10:17 am

So they require the new Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue May 24, 2022 10:52 am

The RFC is shown on CFE bills just above the bar code.  Anyone see theirs??

fyi, On TelMex bills it is shown just below the bar code on page 1.  Mine is on my TelMex bill and it's legit (matches the RFC record I got in 2017).  

Some may have 'phony' RFC numbers on these and other bills; they all start with this string, XAXX010101000

I read this at https://groups.io/g/MichoacanNet/topic/capital_gains_exemption_when/88501010?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,20,2,0,88501010,previd=9223372036854775807,nextid=1642346150153269827&previd=9223372036854775807&nextid=1642346150153269827
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 24, 2022 11:22 am

SunshineyDay wrote:So they require the new Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document?

Yes. I forgot to add they also require a mask be worn.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 24, 2022 11:23 am

BisbeeGal wrote:The RFC is shown on CFE bills just above the bar code.  Anyone see theirs??

fyi, On TelMex bills it is shown just below the bar code on page 1.  Mine is on my TelMex bill and it's legit (matches the RFC record I got in 2017).  

Some may have 'phony' RFC numbers on these and other bills; they all start with this string, XAXX010101000  

I read this at https://groups.io/g/MichoacanNet/topic/capital_gains_exemption_when/88501010?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,20,2,0,88501010,previd=9223372036854775807,nextid=1642346150153269827&previd=9223372036854775807&nextid=1642346150153269827

You should be good then. Mine had the "generic" RFC # like you stated above.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue May 24, 2022 2:57 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
BisbeeGal wrote:The RFC is shown on CFE bills just above the bar code.  Anyone see theirs??

You should be good then. Mine had the "generic" RFC # like you stated above.

I'm ok on TelMex, but not CFE. Will take my RFC over there soon. But for those of us without MX income, it is only important when we go to sell a property to take advantage of Capital Gain exclusion. A facilitator I trust on FB said CFE has made it clear that NO ONE's power will be shut off for not having RFC on their bill.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and cypress like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 24, 2022 3:11 pm

Yeah I didn't think CFE would be cutting anyone off. They will be lucky to get 20% of those without a RFC to sign up by June 30. I'm wondering about Ilox and Simipa now. Have you heard if they want this info too?

BTW....on the CFE bill the RFC number is right under the "No. DE Servicio" in the upper left hand corner. Mine showed the generic # XAXX-010101 020.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue May 24, 2022 3:23 pm

SIMAPA does have a line for RFC on their receipt; mine has the bogus XAXX.....  

I'll probably just wait and take them a copy when I pay next Jan. or Feb.

If I had a business I might take this more seriously, but of the literally tens of millions of MXNs who need to get an RFC under these new rules I doubt many are rushing to comply.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and Lady Otter Latté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed May 25, 2022 8:44 am

fyi, look at your Refrendo; there is a space for it there (mine is on it). Wondering if some people have RFCs and don't remember that they do?? Ours were done by a facilitator (online back in 2017) when we did a new car purchase.

We'd never been asked for it by anyone since then, though I guess we showed it to TelMex in 2018 but don't recall it.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed May 25, 2022 8:45 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I went to CFE this morning at 9:00am. I was the only one there. They only have two tellers so things could get lined up.

I took:

My last CFE bill;
My residency visa card

They kept the CFE bill and Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document. They took a copy of my visa card. They also required my phone number. All in all it took about 5 minutes.

So you do rentals don't you? So do your customers have to pay you 16 % more. Or do you pay it.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed May 25, 2022 9:25 pm

cypress wrote:

So you do rentals don't you? So do your customers have to pay you 16 % more. Or do you pay it.

I also do rentals, just short term vacation rental for a private room in my home. Of course the customer pays the IVA, just like IVA is included in pretty much every product you buy in a store. Whether they see the charge separately, or whether it is included in the rental rate depends on how the owner does the rental. If it is included, of course the owner would up their room rate to cover it. Airbnb charges the guest the IVA, it is seen by guests as a separate charge, and submits it to SAT (it's a little more complex than that, as they release some to the owner to submit themselves)- if an owner does direct rentals, the owner would be responsible for submitting the IVA themselves.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu May 26, 2022 6:23 am

mudgirl wrote:
cypress wrote:

I also do rentals, just short term vacation rental for a private room in my home. Of course the customer pays the IVA, just like IVA is included in pretty much every product you buy in a store. Whether they see the charge separately, or whether it is included in the rental rate depends on how the owner does the rental. If it is included, of course the owner would up their room rate to cover it. Airbnb charges the guest the IVA, it is seen by guests as a separate charge, and submits it to SAT (it's a little more complex than that, as they release some to the owner to submit themselves)- if an owner does direct rentals, the owner would be responsible for submitting the IVA themselves.
That does not make sense if the government is trying to collect tax on rentals. The person who rents out a room should be paying tax on the rental income not the person who rents.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lammrj Thu May 26, 2022 7:00 am

Of course the client/customer pays the tax. That's how business works.

lammrj

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 26, 2022 7:10 am

cypress wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I went to CFE this morning at 9:00am. I was the only one there. They only have two tellers so things could get lined up.

I took:

My last CFE bill;
My residency visa card

Most of our rentals are booked through agencies like AirBnB, Booking.com, VRBO, etc. These agencies collect all the taxes (16% IVA & 3% city tax) and pay the government under my RFC #. They also deduct and turn in income tax.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu May 26, 2022 8:33 am

My understanding is if you don't need a factura you don't need to give CFE your RFC.  They aren't going to turn off your power if you don't give them the RFC.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu May 26, 2022 8:51 am

lammrj wrote:Of course the client/customer pays the tax. That's how business works.
I guess I am used to a person making tax on a profit.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lammrj Thu May 26, 2022 10:16 am

Sorry, I don't understand that statement. But any cost of doing business is going to be figured in the fee charged sooner or later.

lammrj

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu May 26, 2022 10:29 am

cypress wrote:
lammrj wrote:Of course the client/customer pays the tax. That's how business works.
I guess I am used to a person making tax on a profit.

??? Making tax? What does that mean? Do you mean pays tax? You are confusing income tax with sales tax. Two totally different things.

And how does it not make sense that the customer pays the IVA? Goods and services tax is always passed down the line to the end user. That's the way it works everywhere.

Say I buy materials for my sewing work. The store where I buy those materials is charged IVA on them from the manufacturer. The store then charges me IVA on those materials, so they have negated the IVA they paid to the manufacturer. I then add that IVA I paid to my sewing customer, negating theIVA I paid to the store.

Although the IVA keeps getting charged, it's really only being passed along- the govt. only gets it once, as it also keeps getting deducted all along the line.

When you go to the store, you pay IVA on almost everything you buy. It isn't charged on profit, but on total. Why would you think it was different for a rental business, a hotel, or anything else?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu May 26, 2022 3:20 pm

[quote="CanuckBob"]
SunshineyDay wrote:So they require the new Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document?

Yes. I forgot to add they also require a mask be worn.[/quote
I wonder if you will get your original back.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu May 26, 2022 4:07 pm

cypress wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:

Yes. I forgot to add they also require a mask be worn.[/quote
I wonder if you will get your original back.
That read "making tax on a profit." it should have read paying tax on a profit but I could not edit it.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu May 26, 2022 5:14 pm

Yes, I figured it was a typo.

So I pay income tax on my profits from my sewing and room rental business.
I pay state occupancy tax on my rental, based on the total, not profits.
And I pay IVA on the total received from rental guests and sewing clients, but that is charged out to the clients.

That's how it works. But it's all too complicated for me, my accountant figures it all out.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down