INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medicare Address

2 posters

Go down

Medicare  Address Empty Medicare Address

Post by kiko Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:08 am

I have used a street address in Texas for Medicare A, Part B, Part D, Supplement G, and S/S for many years. I will lose that option soon. What is the recommended option going forward? Will the Texas mail forwarding address that Sol y Luna or Ishop utilize be acceptable to the US gov? There seems to be some language that I must live in the US 6 months out of the year to be accepted for B, D, and G, so therefore the application process requires a physical address in the state of residence.

I know about the "pay as you go" Mexico option and drop all US insurance. I may do that but probably not given my projected health issues. And yeah I have been on the phone all week with about 20 different entities up North and I got 20 different answers.

I would appreciate any comments from anyone with direct experience or a PM whichever is convenient. Thanks!

kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Medicare  Address Empty Re: Medicare Address

Post by caligirl108 Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:50 pm

Today at the American Legion, 2 people from the FBU (Federal Benefits Unit) of the Guadalajara US Consulate held a session focused on local support for Federal Benefits issues (social security, VA, Railroad, & another..) but were fairly well versed in answering quite a few questions regarding Medicare enrollment & change of address issues w programs between US to Mexico & visa versa.  Their email is : FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov. They no longer maintain a phone number, addressing all issues via email.

They stayed & answered more than 20 people's personal issues today, bringing their official laptop to dial up people's accounts.. seemed quite competent.  The woman, Sandra, had more than 20 years experience with SS Admin in Phoenix.  If they don't have the answer, they can put you in touch with someone reliable who can.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, Carry Bean, ferret, kiko and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down