INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ArriveCan for entry into Canada to be optional by September 30th

3 posters

Go down

ArriveCan for entry into Canada to be optional by September 30th Empty ArriveCan for entry into Canada to be optional by September 30th

Post by ferret Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:29 am

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/news/lilley-arrivecan-to-be-optional-other-covid-travel-measures-gone-in-weeks/ar-AA11YBy8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=682a50455e3e493c989f2f8d3779c810

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

ArriveCan for entry into Canada to be optional by September 30th Empty Re: ArriveCan for entry into Canada to be optional by September 30th

Post by mudgirl Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:46 am

Now watch the Canadian infection rate soar.
I really don't understand the claims about the Arrive Canada app being glitchy. I used it both last summer and this, and it worked just fine and took 5 minutes to fill out. Westjet asked to see it when I checked in for my flight in PV, and I never had to show it again when I landed.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

ArriveCan for entry into Canada to be optional by September 30th Empty Re: ArriveCan for entry into Canada to be optional by September 30th

Post by ferret Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:03 pm

I'm going to Canada on October 4th. I will still fill it out just to be on the safe side AND if it helps me get entry more easily, it will be worth it. My phone isn't smart enough to use the app but I will use the website.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:14 pm

If they are still using it when you go, or it facilitates entry, print out whatever you do online. As I said, I had to show it on my phone to the Westjet agent when I checked in for my flight in PV, and no one in Toronto Pearson, where I landed, ever asked to see it.
Also, I had read on the Govt. of Canada travel website that vax records from non-English speaking countries had to be translated by a certified translator, so I had that done, to the tune of 500 pesos. No one ever asked for that and the photo I uploaded to Arrive Canada was of my original Mexican vax paper, not the certified translation. So I think you can safely ignore that stated requirement, if it even still exists when you travel.

Other people I know who went to Canada were also never asked for that translation. Kind of pissed I had to spend 500 pesos on it.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:34 pm

I never had any difficultly using it. Easy-peasy.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:57 am

I suspect the complaints about it being glitchy were either user error or phones that weren't compatible with the app.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down