INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panchos new store west

+5
kiko
Carry Bean
SunshineyDay
rvanparys
BisbeeGal
9 posters

Go down

Panchos new store west Empty Panchos new store west

Post by sm1mex Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:52 pm

It is very impressive. Big, well stocked with anything you might need. Like a store in the US. Things are more expensive but it is very comprehensive and persons to help you find something. I hope people in the west of Ajijic will support this store. Pancho has done a wonderful job and a lot of planning to make such a lovely shopping store.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Panchos new store west Empty Re: Panchos new store west

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:05 pm

I agree with your comments.

We went for the first time recently and were surprised we were the only customers during our 15-20 minute visit.

The parking lot in terms of both size and access is a dream compared to most shops at Lakeside. EZ in, EZ out.

Scoped out some specialty items and plan to return next week for some holiday treats.

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:55 pm

Ditto! A very comprehensive stock of gringo friendly items... Panchos coupled with Hola Market and their Costco offerings have made life a lot easier for those of us living west of Ajijic... Prices are higher but who can put a cost on convenience?

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:28 pm

When we were there today there were several customers with carts. There was a line to check out and they quickly opened a second checker.. The onions were 10 pesos kilo and butternut squash cheaper than any other stores we have been in. Produce good prices and everything priced. We found things we haven’t seen in other comparable stores. We also support all stores that carry US items. It is quite a bit larger than the east Pancho store. There is no dining at the west store.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:43 pm

Coming soon will be dining upstairs.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:47 pm

I noticed a second story but looked unfinished through the upper windows at this time. Plenty of parking. They have an entrance and an exit door. Cashiers at the exit door. Very organized. Produce fresh and not wilting.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:05 pm

I haven’t been to the west side location but was in the Riberas store this morning and for the first time here, I think I got everything on my list. This store is also VERY well stocked.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:12 pm

The west store is about 1 1/2 times as big. Looks like a big grocery store not divided by the food court. I was surprised at all of the well stocked items. Pancho has done a great job with both stores. I didn’t realize the one west was larger and more stocked until I stopped by to check it out. Ended up in the 2 checker lines. 🤗

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:24 pm

Great addition to Lakeside. We have been there weekly since it has opened.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:21 am

Yes it’s so nice to have stores to choose from now to get what you want or need. Also great for west enders. Now that we can shop it would nice to be able to get there without breaking an axel on our cars from the pot holes!!

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Panchos new store west Empty Need precise location of / driving directions to the recently opened Pancho’s in West Ajijic!

Post by LuvSouth Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:20 pm

Where exactly is this welcome and much-needed provisioner of all things U.S. ?

On which side of the Carretera, heading west? Bonus points for precision. And “near the Tuesday Market” will be viewed as imprecise and therefore inadmissible.

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:47 pm

Before La Canacinta lake side. Big building. Cones out front of parking lot. Entrance on the west end exit parking on the east end. Past the Tuesday market. Look for the orange cones in front of the parking lot with entrance from the west and exit from the east lake side.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Rory2u likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:51 pm

It is right at the entrance to La Reserva on the lakeside... just before you get to El Ancla Restaurant.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSouth Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:06 pm

Bless you, sm1mex, for letting me know about the orange cones 🔥 On this initial visit I was impressed by the wide variety of meets and cheeses, and yes!—unwilted vegetables. Cheers a todos.

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:12 pm

We were there today. Parking lot full in front but parking in front of the cones of the parking lot. Many people shopping. A great addition to the west end.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:35 pm

Saw Pancho yesterday @ the Riberas store - so yeah, Feliz Navidad & all, but then I asked him: Are you making money yet?  Grins & says no.. !  I said well, you DO have a huge inventory ~ Superlake can't compete.. ((bigger grin..))

Green bins in veggie area, new deli frig units & unbelievable wine/liquor selection do make East store an upgraded experience as well now.

But how about those cooked Christmas turkeys he's selling for 2,500 pesos... cider/orange marinade. stuffed with Ground Beef ???! Cooked spiral ham for 1800p.. But I was behind a lady at Tony's yesterday, she'd ordered a 7-rib Prime Rib to home cook (HUGE!) for 1400p.. That'd be my choice, if I were cooking.  But I'm bringing the pumpkin pie, carrot cake & double chocolate cake. Different events, one serious aftermath..

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down