INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Report Sidewalk and Road Issues

+6
Mexicoafterlife
mudgirl
artsnob
sturdley
CanuckBob
BisbeeGal
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How To Report Sidewalk and Road Issues Empty How To Report Sidewalk and Road Issues

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:37 am

http://semanariolaguna.com/72222/?fbclid=IwAR1wmRbOL965X6ApvQSDTXg4s--CCwxVuM0AwdTdZZaXehS-_4Y97ny42kI

In recent weeks, various invasions have been reported in the streets and sidewalks of Ajijic. For this reason, the head of Citizen Attention, Paola de Watterlot, invited the public to make the corresponding complaint, to solve this problem.

Different types of sidewalk obstructions can be seen in Ajijic, from steps to enter homes, fixed material benches, posts to prevent parking, planters, pots and even places where there are no sidewalks, making it more difficult pedestrian traffic.

Paola commented that to make a report of invasion on the sidewalks, on the road, or any other type of inconvenience such as potholes, abandoned cars, etc., there are three ways to do it: by WhatsApp to number 3318911111, by phone call to number 3767658000 or electronically through the page chapala.gob.mx; All that is needed is a photograph and the address where the situation to be reported is located.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, ferret and Canada_Mike like this post

Back to top Go down

How To Report Sidewalk and Road Issues Empty Re: How To Report Sidewalk and Road Issues

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:24 pm

What a waste of time worrying about flowerpots on sidewalks. Perhaps these people should focus on the entire sidewalk and road infrastructure in Ajijic. Removing a few pots or plants isn't going to solve anything. The sidewalks and roads are a disgrace. Perhaps the worst in Mexico (or at least any places I have visited).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Carry Bean, gringal, Irish Gal and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

How To Report Sidewalk and Road Issues Empty I agree with Canuck Bob

Post by sturdley Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:59 am

You are spot on, Canuck Bob, about your views on Ajijic's roads and sidewalks. Why are they this bad?? I have my own ideas, but I would like to hear yours.

sturdley

Back to top Go down

How To Report Sidewalk and Road Issues Empty Re: How To Report Sidewalk and Road Issues

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:31 am

I think part of the problem is the lack of old-timers who know how to repair the street stones.

I remember the crews doing these repairs (going back to 2008) and they were all pretty old back then.

I can attest that they do still repair the cobbles on a regular basis, at least all over lower Centro. I run into them a lot on foot and via detours if in the car.

However, these guys are much much younger and frankly, their repairs don't last even in the dry season.

I think repairing/replacing these stones may be a lost art.

Same thing with other Mexican ways of doing things; when I hear the Sharpener Guy's whistle, I wonder, after he's gone, will anyone replace him?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:12 am

I complained today on that number about bad sidewalks along Javier Mina, we will see how long it takes to get fixed or not at all..I will call weekly..

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:06 am

BisbeeGal wrote:

I think repairing/replacing these stones may be a lost art.

While I agree that some repair jobs are becoming a thing of the past in this throw-away age, like shoe repair, small appliance repair ( just throw it away and buy new ones), and that there is a certain skill set involved in any job, laying cobblestones isn't rocket science. I have done it myself.

If the younger guys' repairs don't last, it's because they are using poor grade materials, cutting corners, and don't really care whether it lasts (no pride of workmanship), not because it's something that takes more than a day to learn.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:20 pm

sturdley wrote:You are spot on, Canuck Bob, about your views on Ajijic's roads and sidewalks.  Why are they this bad??  I have my own ideas, but I would like to hear yours.

Corruption and incompetence.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, gringal, Irish Gal and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexicoafterlife Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:14 am

I just wish people (mainly xpats from my bike use) would stop using the bike path as a parking spot. They spent alot of money and time to make biking easier and a ton of car driving x pats use it like a parking lane.

Mexicoafterlife
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexicoafterlife Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:17 am

Ohh forgot also wish x pats would pay attention when they drive. Been almost hit way to many times by x pat drivers when I use the bike lane. If you can't see bike riders get new glasses or give your license up. One of you all ready put 1 local dog walker in the hospital.

Mexicoafterlife
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:53 am

There is more than enough blame to go around so don't go pointing the finger at just the ex-pats. Richie, dog walker, is MY dog walker. He just had a fourth operation on his right hand. Yes, the cause of the accident was an impatient gringo car driver. On the other hand, my housekeeper's son was killed on the bike path by a Mexican motorcycle traffic cop who had no business riding his bike on the path.
I often wonder where the cops are when I see MULTIPLE rules of the road broken at the Walmart intersection. A RED ARROW means STOP and DO NOT GO under any circumstances... just like a red light. Many car drivers, regardless of nationality and age do not obey. Don't get me going about driving the wrong way on laterals. With all the potential fine money that could be accumulated, every hole in every road could be fixed around here. It's pretty f&%*ing ridiculous when you have to look both ways before crossing a one way street.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexicoafterlife Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:07 pm

I can only give what I have seen with the large amount of time I spend on the bike path. The evil looks I get from x pats when I ask them to please move off the bike path is almost a daily problem. Heck the scary ones are the x pats who jump in there seat when they see me like they are shocked I am on the bike path and I snuck up on them. They are the east observant of all the drivers from my experience. They drive like everyone else needs to make way for them.... While on the bike path.

And did that x pat ever get any charge for running a person over? Or do they not care when a x pat runs over a local illegally?

Mexicoafterlife
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:15 pm

What does all your bickering have to do with "report sidewalk and road issues"?? Start a new topic...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:25 pm

The cop may still be in jail because he killed someone. The Insurance companies are fighting each other in Richie's case. I warned him that it could take a while to settle because Insurance is a slimy business. Thank God, Richie had insurance to cover his hospitalizations. The driver of the car has admitted fault but it may take years.
Had a good friend in Collingwood, Ontario who was rear ended by a drunk driver who blew TWICE the legal limit. Still had to wait six years for the settlement.
If you are the gentleman who rides the three wheeled recumbent bike, I think it's harder to see you because your rig is so close to the ground. I do sympathize however.
Artsnob, there would be no sidewalk and road issues if there was money to fix them... and that money could come from fining infractions.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexicoafterlife Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:18 pm

No I ride a 3 wheel regular bike. I am accually really high up and get a great field of vision. I looked at the recumbent bikes but hard to be seen and hard to see from made me run away from that idea.

Mexicoafterlife
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:28 pm

Mexicoafterlife wrote:I can only give what I have seen with the large amount of time I spend on the bike path.  The evil looks I get from x pats when I ask them to please move off the bike path is almost a daily problem. Heck the scary ones are the x pats who jump in there seat when they see me like they are shocked I am on the bike path and I snuck up on them. They are the east observant of all the drivers from my experience. They drive like everyone else needs to make way for them.... While on the bike path.

And did that x pat ever get any charge for running a person over? Or do they not care when a x pat runs over a local illegally?

You seem to have a real problem with expats and like to group them all together. What's your background?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

SunshineyDay, BisbeeGal and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexicoafterlife Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:44 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
Mexicoafterlife wrote:I can only give what I have seen with the large amount of time I spend on the bike path.  The evil looks I get from x pats when I ask them to please move off the bike path is almost a daily problem. Heck the scary ones are the x pats who jump in there seat when they see me like they are shocked I am on the bike path and I snuck up on them. They are the east observant of all the drivers from my experience. They drive like everyone else needs to make way for them.... While on the bike path.

You seem to have a real problem with expats and like to group them all together. What's your background?

Met a ton of good xpats. But have ran into a small very vocal angry hateful ones here. Had more then one just see me and my wife and how younger we are and tell us that people like us need to leave.. one time it was at the doctors lol.

We are both Vets and my wife retired before I did and I retired at 48. We both worked hard and when I looked and realized I could retire safely and very comfortably I did it. First 2 years in the USA traveling in our 40' class A in the USA but the Craziness of Covid and lawlessness of what is now the USA we decided a move to Mexico was in order. Best choice we ever made.

The people here are super nice and inviting. The weather is to die for. And really is a nice base for our travels. But I cant tell you how many times something went wrong with a business we were working with here and the poor local was acting like a beat dog thinking I was going to treat him like some of the xpats I see here treat locals. And they relax when they see I am a good x pat that understand crap happens so no big deal. I have seen x pats treat locals worse then I would ever dream of treating my worse enemy. Heck one ran over a local on the bike path and walked away with no criminal charges and somehow insurance is arguing about paying... holy crap she ran a guy on a designated bike path over and they want to argue the point?

So I don't dislike all xpats but I have seen a xpat ask the driving teacher is there a vision test for a local driving license.... and when the teacher said no he smiled and said ok I'm good and I watched him walk out. There are a ton of xpats who should not be driving thousands of pounds of vehicle because they have low vision, and very little observation skills to see what is happening around them... they drive without ever looking at the rear view mirror or side mirrors or and pay any attention to anything around them other then what is directly in front of them. And still I have had more then one almost run me and my wife over while we were on the bike path. Just because they are in Mexico doesn't mean they should be driving if they are a danger to others or themself.

Mexicoafterlife
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:45 pm

CanuckBob wrote:

This is the same guy who got banned from TOB for his penchant for picking fights with everyone and being generally arrogant and obnoxious. Same username or something quite similar. And same tone and content. When he just mentioned him and his wife being younger than most of the other expat population, and both vets, it was obvious- something he kept bragging about on TOB, how they were able to retire early.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexicoafterlife Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:30 pm

mudgirl wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:

This is the same guy who got banned from TOB for his penchant for picking fights with everyone and being generally arrogant and obnoxious. Same username or something quite similar. And same tone and content. When he just mentioned him and his wife being younger than most of the other expat population, and both vets, it was obvious- something he kept bragging about on TOB, how they were able to retire early.

LOL I started out nice your groups perusal barracks and saying I needed to die over the covid talk on the board. The main antagonist over there was horrible with his attacks. And the ban was because I said the truth... I would be he long after he was gone.

That was only said after weeks of personal attacks at me and my wife. You all like to dish it out but couldn't take it back. One of your crew got the ban first. But you all just couldn't let her ban go so you went into personal attack overdrive. The final straw was you all saying you wish me and others who didn't get vaxed dead.

So get off your high horse. Let's see if you can act like a human being here.?

Mexicoafterlife
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:51 pm

"your groups perusal barracks"???

WTF are "perusal barracks"?

And there was no "you all" expressing a wish that you were dead.
Nor was your Covid conspiracy disinformation "the truth".

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexicoafterlife Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:04 pm

mudgirl wrote:"your groups perusal barracks"???

WTF are "perusal barracks"?

And there was no "you all" expressing a wish that you were dead.
Nor was your Covid conspiracy disinformation "the truth".

LOL all the covid lies are coming out. All the stuff you all attack are being confirmed by multiple sources. But I will let you all scream to high heaven about covid Vax. I will let nature do its thing and will be proven right as the side still standing. I love the choices I made and feel great I did what I did.

Mexicoafterlife
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:16 pm

Re: Chapala . com weboard
Post by kiko Today at 12:27 pm
Looks like the  Covid Subforum is gone.

Mexicoafterlife wrote:
LOL all the covid lies are coming out. All the stuff you all attack are being confirmed by multiple sources. But I will let you all scream to high heaven about covid Vax.  I will let nature do its thing and will be proven right as the side still standing. I love the choices I made and feel great I did what I did.

So TOB finally does the right thing and kills the divisive Covid subforum and now the biggest asswipe in that subforum shows up here the very same day.

Great.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexicoafterlife Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:20 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:

Mexicoafterlife wrote:
LOL all the covid lies are coming out. All the stuff you all attack are being confirmed by multiple sources. But I will let you all scream to high heaven about covid Vax.  I will let nature do its thing and will be proven right as the side still standing. I love the choices I made and feel great I did what I did.

So TOB finally does the right thing and kills the divisive Covid subforum and now the biggest asswipe in that subforum shows up here the very same day.

Great.

acd I think was the name of the poster who was owning you all with all the new data.

Mexicoafterlife
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexicoafterlife Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:21 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:

Mexicoafterlife wrote:

Great.

Lol talk about attacks as swipe..... Yup you fit in real well with the crew.

Mexicoafterlife
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:32 pm

I think it was Thumper who said "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all??

I've lived here for a long time and haven't had the displeasure of meeting hardly any obnoxious expats. I'm just glad to be in this country.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:32 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:

Mexicoafterlife wrote:

Great.
Must have gotten bored cause no one wanted to play.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next