INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic

2 posters

Go down

Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic Empty Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic

Post by BisbeeGal Thu May 04, 2023 6:48 am

Expected to open next week at Hidalgo #22, in what is/was Hotel Mis Amores.

Mmmmm....lamb shanks!

I hope they serve their Hamburguesa de Camarones. I measure all Shrimp Burgers against Mario's version. It was first one I had here, back in 2008.

From FB:

Mario's Restaurant of San Antonio will soon open a second Mario's in Ajijic. I just had a tour of the new place and it looks great. Everything is brand new including everything in the kitchen. They will have their well loved Filet Mignon and also Lamb Shank on the menu. I believe there is only one other restaurant in the area which offers this as well as daily or weekly specials. The bar is beautiful with many top shelf liquors for sale. I can't wait to dine in this second location.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic Empty Re: Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic

Post by Carry Bean Thu May 04, 2023 10:01 am

I haven’t had a shrimp burger at Mario’s but sure had a good one at Chatterley’s in Chapala.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic Empty Re: Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic

Post by BisbeeGal Sun May 07, 2023 3:59 pm

Here's the menu....they are open 8am to 9:30 PM.  

Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic Marios12
Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic Marios11
Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic Marios10
Mario's Opening A 2nd Location in Ajijic Marios13
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and RickS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:30 pm

Wow!  Such a nice setting, service and food!!  

The lamb shank is sooooo tender, the sauce so rich, served over a mountain of real mashed potatoes..  

This week (and hopefully longer) one of the specials is duck confit.  The sauce is blackberry-citrus, a perfect contrast to the duck.  Also served with a good mash.  The skin on the duck was wonderfully crisp!  

Both came with a bowl of tossed greens.  

The duck is 295p and the lamb shank 320p; fair prices given the quality.  And I had enough shank leftover to take home for a sandwich or taco later this week.

Wine by the glass is 80p which is more or less standard pricing these days.

They bring chips and a nice picante salsa to the table gratis.

The seating is partly covered and part open, lovely and bright at lunch.

The seats are comfortable and cushioned.  Has a line of stools at the bar as well.  

They open at 8am for breakfast; all main course items are available at noon until 8pm.

fyi, Mario's is part of Traitte for delivery but not sure whether all items are available.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and RickS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down