INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Monday Market this Nov. 14 at Hole in One

+4
johninajijic
David
hound dog
simpsca
8 posters

Go down

New Monday Market this Nov. 14 at Hole in One Empty New Monday Market this Nov. 14 at Hole in One

Post by simpsca Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:56 am

MONDAY MARKET Opens November 14

From a friend: The new "Monday Market" has it's grand opening this Monday November 14 from 10-12 at the Hole ‘n One. The new Monday Market features some of Ajijic’s best cooks and artisans selling prepared food to go and hand made craft items.

Please come and join us for the grand opening and enjoy wonderful food and crafts.

I will be offering: Beef Burgundy Stew, Chicken & Artichoke Casserole, Eggplant Parigiana, Pork & Poblano Chili, Corn Muffins and Granola.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

New Monday Market this Nov. 14 at Hole in One Empty Re: New Monday Market this Nov. 14 at Hole in One

Post by simpsca Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:26 am

Looks like the Monday produce market is in trouble. The food preparation people are moving to Hole in One. I haven't been to the organic market in a month so don't know what is going on. However do have this friend who send me her specials now at the new market.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

New Monday Market this Nov. 14 at Hole in One Empty Re: New Monday Market this Nov. 14 at Hole in One

Post by hound dog Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:32 am

Nice to see good Mexican food is alive and well in Ajijic. Is the eggplant dish from Paris or Parma? Good fusion! Very Happy
Brigitte
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 am

Dawg, she was a food demonstrator at Sur la Table. Her food is good and she cooks all nationalities of food. I do wonder what all will be at the new "Prepared Food" market.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:42 am

Another friend hs the following for sale at the Monday market:

I will be offering: Chimichurri Sauce
delicious served with pork tenderloin, beef
lamb. An Argentinian delight.

Chicken in Peanut Coconut Curry
This is a mild curry with a full and appealing
flavor.

Pea Soup
Homemade chicken stock with the sweet
flavor of peas. Rich in health enhancing
nutrients.

Bonzo Beans from down under
Australia's four bean dish slowly cooked and
flavored with just enough tang.

Banana nut bread
with oatmeal and all the good stuff.

Chocolate Chippers
Everybody's favorite........ but with
a coconut twist.

Carrot cupcakes
With pineapple, coconut, and
walnuts. Grandma's favorite recipe

Popovers
with raspberry butter.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:01 am

simpsca wrote:Looks like the Monday produce market is in trouble. The food preparation people are moving to Hole in One. I haven't been to the organic market in a month so don't know what is going on. However do have this friend who send me her specials now at the new market.

What "Monday Produce Market" would that be? Where is it? Or, are you thinking of the Tuesday Organic Tianguis?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:32 am

David wrote:
simpsca wrote:Looks like the Monday produce market is in trouble. The food preparation people are moving to Hole in One. I haven't been to the organic market in a month so don't know what is going on. However do have this friend who send me her specials now at the new market.

What "Monday Produce Market" would that be? Where is it? Or, are you thinking of the Tuesday Organic Tianguis?

David - Read first post "Monday Market at Hole in One" downstairs. I think it's every week. One of the gals will be making/selling her own homemade Italian Sausage and homemade Italian Meatballs. She bought my Oster Skillet that I had for sale.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:05 am

I guess that since the Oster skillet was trained by an "Italian food expert", we can all assume that the Italian Sausage and Italian Meatballs will be far superior to any other options available in Peoria!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:20 am

CheenaGringo wrote:I guess that since the Oster skillet was trained by an "Italian food expert", we can all assume that the Italian Sausage and Italian Meatballs will be far superior to any other options available in Peoria!

CG: You're sounding like the Dawg there. Arf.

There's a lot of good cooks around here. There must be, since they even have a cooking club with monthly awards.
Some of the dishes listed above sound mighty tasty, smart remarks aside. If I weren't so lazy, I'd make up some special Gringa tamale pie for the occasion. Or a Campbell's soup sauced poblano chicken, in my Hamilton Beach specially trained in Peoria electric skillet.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:42 pm

David wrote:

Sorry was thinking of Tuesday organic.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Judging by the number of people last Tuesday at the Organic Market, it sure doesn't look like it's in trouble!! Is your opinion based on fact or is it just a rumour? I bought some gluten-free prepared meals today and will probably buy some more tomorrow. The person you mentioned in the first post will be at the Tuesday Organic Market too. There's room for both markets in this area.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:22 am

What a lot of people fail to realize it takes, in general, at least three years to establish any kind of company, depending on the product. That means one has to have enough capital in reserve to carry them for at least this duration. If you’re good at what you do, over time, you’ll be a going concern. If not, well you know the answer.

BTW, we just made our first purchase at this market last week and the soup we bought was so good we’ll definitely be back. And our friends that we served it to are also interested. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down