INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside

+7
Mainecoons
hockables
CanuckBob
gringal
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
hound dog
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Empty Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:04 am

Now, let me start by saying that Dawg has tried very few cheeseburgers at Lakeside so I can´t speak of burgers in general around here. There may be other places charbroiling burgers around here on a open flame but I don´t know about those places and will not eat a greaseburger fried on a grill.

This new restaurant with a name I believe to be Tajo Burgers, is just west of Ajijic near Canacinta (just west of the new PEMEX Station and OXXO) on the left as you drive toward San Juan Cosalá. You can´t miss the big burger sign. The restaurant is immaculately clean and has an attractive outdoor seating area where the charcoal grill is located. This is owned by the same family that owns another hamburger place near Guadalajara written about in a review on Chapala.com. A most pleasant and congenial family.

I ordered two "sirloin" cheeseburgers to go and, as is the custom at this place, chose my own condiments which, in my case, included tomatoes, onions, lettuce and hamburger dill pickles. Mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup and so forth were available as well but, since Dawg was taking these suckers home with me, I elected to use my Best Foods Mayo and Heinz Ketchup in the home larder but that is just a personal preference. These burgers were very good and, as I had originally intended to drive to East Ajijic for a sandwich until I read that this place is now open, I and, I am sure, others who live in this part of Lakeside, am thrilled that I do not have to cross town for takeout food any longer and, since these are the best burgers in town in my opinion, that´s an even bigger benefit to us Westsiders.

While there, I noted that the restaurant has a good beer selection as well and, perhaps wine for enjoying with your burger on their open, pleasant patio.

This is a great addition to our Ajijic community as a whole. As we used to say in Alabama, git on down theah y´heah?

This place is so good, it would probably pass the acid test of an Itch & Hocks ( Lakeside´s own Siskel & Ebert combined with Juila Child) restaurant review. Pass the baton, John. After all you are out of here for the California desert and Itch & Hocks are the new paradigm.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Empty Re: Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:23 am

How could you tell the Burger was so good with all that sh*t you put on it?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Empty Re: Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:48 am

Dawg:

Your burger would have been even more tasty with some Bearnaise Sauce!

One of the finest burgers I have ever enjoyed in Mexico was at La Burger on the highway between San Miguel de Allende and Dolores Hidalgo:
[img]Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Dscn1312[/img]

As to be expected, it did have a San Miguel de Allende price of $160MXN!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:49 am

johninajijic wrote:How could you tell the Burger was so good with all that sh*t you put on it?

Ah, yes, John, you will be missed. Here is a guy who claims to be of Italian heritage whose real name is John Boyardee. This guy took a cruise to Italy and only ate "Italian food" on the ship or on some overland bus tour where they only stop at Cousin Luigi´s Spaghetti with Tomato Gravy Greasy Spoon where the food is as Italian as Taco Bell´s tacos are Mexican. Now, John, we all know you forgot to take your anti-depressant narcotics this morning after the real estate agent called and indicated no public interest in that vastly overpiced property you are trying to sell but this too shall pass. Go have a burger and some red wine at that new hamburger place and smoke a joint. You´ll feel better. Just remember, that trailer in the hardscrabble California desert awaits your arrival if you can only sell that white elephant you own in the "most exclusive residential neighborhood on the planet."
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:57 am

Why don't you stop posting the frigging crap you post about me? ALL of which is NOT true. You don't know me and have never been to this house. FYI, most of the sh*thouses on MLS are waaaay overpriced. I wouldn't live in most of them. We are flexible and have already dropped it $ 20 K in one of the best and most saleable Communities in Ajijic. You are starting to sound like your buddy Pedro, aka the biggest ahole in the world.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:07 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Dawg:

One of the finest burgers I have ever enjoyed in Mexico was at La Burger on the highway between San Miguel de Allende and Dolores Hidalgo:

Now, hold on, Neil. Dawg has driven between San Miguel and Dolores Hidalgo and that is one desolate strip of highway. The only culinary treat I remember from that drive is the garlic ice cream in Dolores Hidalgo. I presume that this bearnaise burger (a great idea, by the way) at that price, was offered up for sale within close proximity to San Miguel or, otherwise, at those prices, they would never sell even one.

Among the best meals Dawg has ever enjoyed, almost all of them in France or India, would be entrecote or the thinner cut "bifteck" with bearnaise and french (freedom) fries. Always a fine meal in any number of bistros in Paris. The ubiquitous glass of house red wine adds to this treat but, I guess John Boyardee would have to settle for Evian.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:24 am

As a disinterested bystander: I went up to John's house a month or so ago to buy one his sale items: a better fireplace set than the junk the previous owner of our casa left behind.

That is one nice house: Neighborhood comparable to las Salvias in price, where there have been some recent sales in that range. Beautiful grounds; fine views.

As it is everywhere else, it's about location. His is a good one, even though I admit to having had some laughs when John has referred to it in caps: Premier Gated Community. A little puffing there, maybe, but so what?

It's a lousy market for everyone right now. The good times aren't rolling here or in the states.
I wouldn't want to be a seller right now......in my Premier Village Ghetto. lol.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:26 am

Dawg:

I would guess that La Burger is located maybe five miles outside of San Miguel de Allende. I took photos just after arriving (early by Mexican standards) and was quite surprised at the numbers who arrived shortly after me. Sure there were a few expected Gringos but by the time I finished, Mexicans far outnumbered the Gringos. I didn't get a photo but my order of fries were cut through a french fry press and immediately cooked in oil. They were right tasty and definitely fresh.
[img]Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Dscn1313[/img]
[img]Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Dscn1314[/img]
[img]Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Dscn1315[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:29 am

When the "la" is inserted in the title, you can figger on a hefty tab.

Nice pictures.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 pm

[quote="gringal"]As a disinterested bystander: I went up to John's house a month or so ago to buy one his sale items: a better fireplace set than the junk the previous owner of our casa left behind.
That is one nice house: Neighborhood comparable to las Salvias in price, where there have been some recent sales in that range. Beautiful grounds; fine views. .[/quote]

Thank youfor your input, gringal but, frankly, I have never seen John´s house except for some unimpressive photos of the property he published on the internet in his attempts to sell the place he would never leave in the "World´s Greatest Neighborhood!". I have no interest in John´s taste in houses or food as he and Dawg are world´s apart in those categories. It was John who decided Dawg was a moron for adding tomatoes, onions and lettuce to my cheeseburger which is priceless for a guy who has proven himself devoid of taste over and over again in his fawning reviews of mediocre Lakeside restaurants.

There was no chance in hell that Dawg and Dawgette would have bought a home in some gated community such as John´´s when we came here about the same time he did. However, to each his own. Dawg did not attack this toad but was atacked by him without any reason but an aimless attempt to boost his own already overblown ego.

In furtherance of my original intent here, here is the worlfd´s best hamburger from the at-one-time famous Armenian restaurant in Fresno, California:

RASTIGAN´S ARMENIAN BURGER
Ground Lamb Shoulder or leg
Red Onions
Copious Amounts of Garlic Chopped
Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
Freshly Ground Black Pepper plus salt to taste
Toasted Hamburger Buns slathered in Butter

Mix the garlic and parsley with the lamb meat and charbroil the meat patties over an open flame. Make your burgers with these lamb ´patties preferably charbroiled to rare. Serve with the red onions and toasted, buttered buns.

This restaurant is only about an eight hour drive from John´s new trailer in Barstow so, John, hang that plastic Jesus from the rear view mirror and head for Fresno. Oops! I forgot, Rastiigan´s is no longer in business so light up the propane burner and make it yourself.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:12 pm

hound dog wrote:
johninajijic wrote:How could you tell the Burger was so good with all that sh*t you put on it?

Ah, yes, John, you will be missed. Here is a guy who claims to be of Italian heritage whose real name is John Boyardee. This guy took a cruise to Italy and only ate "Italian food" on the ship or on some overland bus tour where they only stop at Cousin Luigi´s Spaghetti with Tomato Gravy Greasy Spoon where the food is as Italian as Taco Bell´s tacos are Mexican. Now, John, we all know you forgot to take your anti-depressant narcotics this morning after the real estate agent called and indicated no public interest in that vastly overpiced property you are trying to sell but this too shall pass. Go have a burger and some red wine at that new hamburger place and smoke a joint. You´ll feel better. Just remember, that trailer in the hardscrabble California desert awaits your arrival if you can only sell that white elephant you own in the "most exclusive residential neighborhood on the planet."

Now Mr. Dawg, since I am soon to be a resident within the most exclusive residential community on this or any other planet I am going to have to take umbrage with any further derogatory comments of my "hood" and/or one of my soon to be "homies".........

razberry
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:17 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Dawg:

Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside 374777 SACRILEGE....!! What kinda CRETIN puts ice in their BEER?

Hocks says " this guy needs his ass kicked "

The Burger may be worth the wait, but this dudes gotta learn BEER ETIQUETTE..

Itch & Hocks are on Sabbattical while Hocks tends to snow removal in The Far North

more to come...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Well I gotta tell ya Hocks if someone gave me one of those Pilsners after it was sitting in the sun for a few hours I may be inclined to lay a "berg" in it because the only thing worse than ice in the beer is hot beer......

Of course I would guzzle it as soon as it cooled off so it didn't get watered too much.....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:46 pm

easy there Canuckelhead... no true Canuck would ever say sumptin like that... only one of them Troglodyte BC , Canuck Wannabees would ever say sumptin like that...
Dude ... U play'n in the Rhubarb to much... those Buds got U ramblin
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:02 pm

"SACRILEGE....!! What kinda CRETIN puts ice in their BEER?"

Hocks: I hesitated posting that foto for that very reason but then figured no one would notice. Wrong again! The fact of the matter is that I only drink beer in Mexico and then only when I am very thirsty midday. It has to be very cold for me to tolerate and hielo seems to solve the problem.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"SACRILEGE....!! What kinda CRETIN puts ice in their BEER?"

Hocks: I hesitated posting that foto for that very reason but then figured no one would notice. Wrong again! The fact of the matter is that I only drink beer in Mexico and then only when I am very thirsty midday. It has to be very cold for me to tolerate and hielo seems to solve the problem.

In matters of Importance... Hocks is always on his toes!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Jejeje..........jealous.

Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside 169387
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Itch & Hocks:

What is wrong with you guys? The Two Stooges. Abbot and Costella. Martin and Lewis. What a couple of clowns. Ice cubes in beer? What´s worng with that? What you do is discard the beer and ice cubes, throw in a liter of Havana Club Rum, get wasted and then post a comment on the subject at hand which you have just recently lost track of if you get my drift. Goddamned Yankees and Canadians. Had my forefathers prevailed and pertpeuiated slavery, we were thinking of taking over Canada and Mexico as well and renaming the new nation the United States of North American which, by the way, ends at the Panamanian/Colombian line and we wouldn´t mind owning that as well.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Dam it Mr. Dawg you are always one step ahead of me. The answer was there the whole time. You and I are gonna be buds. I'll even have you over for a visit at the most exclusive gated community lakeside or any side......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Only someone from Alabama would praise the idea of ice in beer and only someone from Canada would think it normal. I realize that they don't PUT the ice in the beer up there, it forms of its own volition for about 8 months of every year.

Gag!

Beer
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 pm

The best suggestion of all is the partaking of the demon rum. Which by the way, I paid $16.99 for a 1.75l of Bacardi just the other day. For those special occasions:
[img]Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Bottle10[/img]
[img]Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Leblon10[/img]
[img]Finally - Good Charbroiled Burgers at Lakeside Unname10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:15 pm

hound dog quote - "Thank youfor your input, gringal but, frankly, I have never seen John´s house except for some unimpressive photos of the property he published on the internet in his attempts to sell the place he would never leave in the "World´s Greatest Neighborhood!".

There you go lying again!!! When will you learn? I have NEVER posted photos on any forum, much less unimpressive ones as you describe.

As gringal stated Los Arroyos Sur is in the category and pricing of Las Salvias, but in many cases the houses here are much newer. No home here has ever sold for less than $ 475 K and some for much more.

What area do you live in in Ajijic?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Only someone from Alabama would praise the idea of ice in beer and only someone from Canada would think it normal. I realize that they don't PUT the ice in the beer up there, it forms of its own volition for about 8 months of every year.

Gag!

Beer

Now Mr. Coons, the praise being applied to Mr. Dawg was regarding his suggestion to simply pour the beer out and replace it with some Havana Club Rum. Now that sir is a good idea....

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:24 pm

John: It doesn't take an Internet genius to figure things out: http://www.eagerrealty.com/listings/listings5_casa%20brooks.htm

Two photos that jump out at me are: 1) the Pepto Bismol Pink library or den & 2) the apparent water leak spots in the kitchen. Personally I would shoot an agent who posted a photo showing such apparent damage.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:33 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John: It doesn't take an Internet genius to figure things out: http://www.eagerrealty.com/listings/listings5_casa%20brooks.htm

Two photos that jump out at me are: 1) the Pepto Bismol Pink library or den & 2) the apparent water leak spots in the kitchen. Personally I would shoot an agent who posted a photo showing such apparent damage.

WRONG AGAIN!!! But a good guess as it's the overpriced house next door to me which is about the same square footage. I could say more, but don't want to end up in jail.

I can tell you about every house here, great or not so great. Most are really good and extremely well kept.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next