INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be on lookout for small ford pickp with camper shell

5 posters

Go down

Be on lookout for small ford pickp with camper shell Empty Be on lookout for small ford pickp with camper shell

Post by simpsca Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Recent report on Lakesidecrime.com - be on the lookout for the vehicle:

December 4, 2011 4 am
Type: Attempted Break in

Location Ajijic - La Floresta - Paseo del Olas a block from carretera
Source: Friend

Homeowner Present: Yes
Entry: 5 people in a smaller ford pickup with camper shell - one guy stays in truck and alll others span out trying to enter or rob

One or more climbed on roof

Deterrents: Bars on Windows, Dogs, Spikes on Wall

Description: Heard people on roof jimmying things, called police who showed up 1/2 hour later.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Be on lookout for small ford pickp with camper shell Empty Re: Be on lookout for small ford pickp with camper shell

Post by borderreiver Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:20 am

I'd say you were lucky. Attempted burglary/home invasion. Response time - slow. Just phoned 911 here in Vancouver. Arrived from work at 1 am. Heard noises in backyard and called. Response time - 5 minutes. I guess that's what $C6000.00/yr in property taxes gets me. You guys could pay more tax or sub out the $ for more security. The choice is yours. Don't crow about $80.00/yr tax bills then get all pussy about 30 minute response times. Pretty darned good, considering. You do the math.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Be on lookout for small ford pickp with camper shell Empty Re: Be on lookout for small ford pickp with camper shell

Post by brigitte Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:53 pm

It would help to have a color on the truck and the camper shell .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:58 pm

It was my post as my ex told me about what happened the next morning and it was dark and they were in the house scared, she couldn't see the color of the truck, just the white camper shell and she said it looked like a Ford. They had climbed on the roof. I tried to see if she had more info but they were scared to get too close to the windows or skylights and didn't want to turn lights on hoping the police would show up or they'd go away soon.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:59 pm

What a scare. I hope it was just out of towners for the the Fiesta San Andreas and maybe they are gone now. There was a report awhile ago on Lakesidecrime.com that some guys used a white vehicle to stand on the roof of the vehicle to get over a wall. I can't find the report now but it was not a camper full of people - just two guys and a white vehicle.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 pm

simpsca wrote:What a scare. I hope it was just out of towners for the the Fiesta San Andreas and maybe they are gone now. There was a report awhile ago on Lakesidecrime.com that some guys used a white vehicle to stand on the roof of the vehicle to get over a wall. I can't find the report now but it was not a camper full of people - just two guys and a white vehicle.
.....I remember this report Simpsca...wasn't it on the west end of Ajijc on the mountain side of the highway? There was an empty lot next to the wall and they drove into the lot, next to the wall, and climbed over.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Your memory is better than mine - I just remember posting about the vehicle at the time - took a close look at my property to see if anyone could get over the wall standing on a vehicle.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:57 pm

What an awful situation to be in. A white camper is something pretty visible so we should watch out if a pickup with a white camper is in the neighborhood.
Thank you for the information.

What happened ? Did the police scare them or id they give up on entering the house because they id not find a way to do it?

I wonder if it could be connected what happened in Rancho el Oro on Nov 21.
There is a report that a woman heard people on her roof, at 2am, she called the police and they showed up on their way to the house where the woman had been assaulted.
The woman said it was 2 AM same time as the time the woman was assaulted.
Maybe these guys where in a pick up in Rancho del Oro and spread out 2 here and 2 there.
There also was a pick up involved in the assault in centro.The wife saw them drive off with the bike on the back.
We know a dark pick up was involved in the asault in Centro an now another pickup but with a camper in La Floresta.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:49 pm

They left before the police showed up, maybe they know they have limited time or they knew people were there and called someone.

I've reported a few crimes to the web site of Mexicans who didn't know the site existed but where I knew of the crimes, i.e. saw broken glass of break in of Mexican neighbor's car, saw broken roof tiles where guys climbed on roof, etc.

Perhaps if verifiable as in my cases we can post crimes that have happened to Mexicans or others who don't know about the crime site to better alert the community about the nature and extent of crimes and who is doing them.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 pm

I know Lakesidecrime.com would like all crimes against anyone - Mexican or foreigner reported. The problem is language. I put posters up on how to report a crime (in English) and I did one about ATM Fraud. And the website is in English - you need to click on the crime reporting tab, select the type of crime and read the English titles. I thought about doing a poster (I make hanging tabs for the website) and that's not the hard part - it's non English speaking people navagating the website to do a report.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down