INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Bike Cop

+15
susan
CanuckBob
hockables
Lehrer
viajero
johninajijic
57Chevy
martygraw
CheenaGringo
Mainecoons
brigitte
simpsca
Ricardo
hound dog
juanrey
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Little Bike Cop - Page 2 Empty Re: Little Bike Cop

Post by 57Chevy Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:51 pm

When I was harassed by transitos, I was driving a Mexican plated car. I was stopped for "DWG"....driving while gringo.

57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Sorry Chris but $90K wouldn't be enough for me to have to endure the working conditions in LA. Besides, I have no need to wake up each day knowing that I can be a prick!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Ricardo wrote:What would the motorist's progeny, if any, have to do with anything?
Maybe he meant "lineage"???
scratch
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

"On the other hand, on our recent visit to Cheenagringo´s home state of New Mexico, the drivers drove us crazy. What a bunch of mental cases. Maybe we´ve been in Mexico too long to return to the U.S. hellhole."

Thank you Dawg! For you may have hit on the reason why I think that drivers in Mexico are quite good.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:38 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"On the other hand, on our recent visit to Cheenagringo´s home state of New Mexico, the drivers drove us crazy. What a bunch of mental cases. Maybe we´ve been in Mexico too long to return to the U.S. hellhole."

Thank you Dawg! For you may have hit on the reason why I think that drivers in Mexico are quite good.

Blackeye Because u live in New Mexico?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Last trip to Mexico - 16 days and 1888 driving miles = 1 accident spotted w/newspaper truck rolled on the cuota
Yesterday in ABQ - about seven or eight miles R/T = 2 fender benders going and 1 head on returning home

Case closed! Drivers in Mexico far more proficient.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:54 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Last trip to Mexico - 16 days and 1888 driving miles = 1 accident spotted w/newspaper truck rolled on the cuota
Yesterday in ABQ - about seven or eight miles R/T = 2 fender benders going and 1 head on returning home

Road back to PV... which I love ta drive, by the way.... the first 2 hrs... the 120mph stretch which I like to call The Nascar Stretch.... followed by the 2 hrs in the coastal mountains... which I like ta call The Lemans Stretch... but I digress....last time I wuz on it... there were 3 different accidents involving commercial trucks... not to mention all the beautifull flower arrangements roadside!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:57 pm

More "natural targets" reported today by friends of ours and long term residents on TOB:

Two of our friends (also friends of two of the posters on this topic) were stopped on the new short-cut on Monday. The police made them get out of the car and then separated them. They took his wallet and her purse - saying they were looking for their ID. After 20 minutes of harrasment - they released them. As you can imagine - they were frightened and upset. As they neared the airport - she said she was going to check her purse to make sure they had returned all of her ID. The ID was there - but she was missing three 500- peso notes. We take this road frequently - but think we will by-pass the by-pass in the future.

Oh- I asked if they got the number if the police truck (or the license number) - they said they were too concerned about each other. He was near the drivers side (outside) and she was about 15' from the rear of the car. The short-cut is a beautiful road - but very, very lonely.

Sorry folks, you can't pretend that this kind of armed robbery by cops happens in the U.S. like it does here. Get real.

Told my neighbor the Mexican citizen about this and he said that he knows others who have been robbed by the cops on this road.

Sure a lot of those "natural targets" around these days. Still waiting for our two experts to share with us what defines a natural target and how to avoid being one. Driving an older, nondescript car and moving along with traffic so as not to attract attention doesn't seem to cut it. Perhaps it is how one parts their hair?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Mainecoons wrote:More "natural targets" reported today by friends of ours and long term residents on TOB:

Two of our friends (also friends of two of the posters on this topic) were stopped on the new short-cut on Monday. The police made them get out of the car and then separated them. They took his wallet and her purse - saying they were looking for their ID. After 20 minutes of harrasment - they released them. As you can imagine - they were frightened and upset. As they neared the airport - she said she was going to check her purse to make sure they had returned all of her ID. The ID was there - but she was missing three 500- peso notes. We take this road frequently - but think we will by-pass the by-pass in the future.

Oh- I asked if they got the number if the police truck (or the license number) - they said they were too concerned about each other. He was near the drivers side (outside) and she was about 15' from the rear of the car. The short-cut is a beautiful road - but very, very lonely.

Sorry folks, you can't pretend that this kind of armed robbery by cops happens in the U.S. like it does here. Get real.

Told my neighbor the Mexican citizen about this and he said that he knows others who have been robbed by the cops on this road.

Sure a lot of those "natural targets" around these days. Still waiting for our two experts to share with us what defines a natural target and how to avoid being one. Driving an older, nondescript car and moving along with traffic so as not to attract attention doesn't seem to cut it. Perhaps it is how one parts their hair?

Number 1: What "new short-cut" is being discussed? I would like to avoid it at all costs, but this post is nondescript.

Number 2: To think this sort of thing doesn't happen "in the U.S. like it does here" is quite naïve. Example: the State of Louisiana.

Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Please post sources that indicate that cops are routinely engaging in armed robbery as they do here. I am specifically referring to the two incidences that have been reported in as many days in this location.

This is the bypass that starts with the exit just north of the airport exit, goes over to Ruta 80 which you then take to just outside of Zapotlanejo where you then take a quick jog over to the Cuota 80 in the direction of Lagos de Moreno. It saves about 30 minutes when traveling north but has become quite popular for the cops to practice armed robbery.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:16 pm

I don't think for a second it happens anywhere in the US or Canada like it does openly in Mexico. Me thinks you are pulling an "ostrich" here. Everyone knows that some of the transitos and a lot in the other levels of police enforcement are as corrupt as they come. Try asking any Mexican. That is why most crimes go unreported.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Mexico just has too many "natural targets" I suppose.

Surte
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Yeah they are called humans.............jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:36 pm

For Lehrer:
"Number 1: What "new short-cut" is being discussed? I would like to avoid it at all costs, but this post is nondescript."

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:42 pm

yes you are correct. mexico is almost exactly like the lowlife places in USA. like louisiana. rationalize & enjoy. not everyone is from the deep pits of americana. you all enjoy it, otherwise you would not be driving. some of us have had a different upbringing, & police robbery is not acceptable.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:13 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Last trip to Mexico - 16 days and 1888 driving miles = 1 accident spotted w/newspaper truck rolled on the cuota

2 weeks ago 2 drunk drivers killed 14 people in 2 accidents in 2 days in GDL.I've driven in GDL every day for the last 7 years and never cease to be amazed at the ignorance and rudeness of a large percentage of the drivers here,you say they are great defensive drivers,well they have to be with all ignorant offensive drivers out there.Turn signals,what for, I already know which way i'm turning.Don't worry about the zetas,worry about the idiot driving next to you on the carretera to chapala.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:49 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:For Lehrer:
"Number 1: What "new short-cut" is being discussed? I would like to avoid it at all costs, but this post is nondescript."

Yeah, THAT clip explained to me what I needed to know.... NOT!!!
Basta
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:53 pm

I'm trying to find a relevant site regarding the corruption of the Louisiana State Police, who have been known to confiscate Cadillacs... just because. There was a "20-20" exposé a number of years back, but I haven't found it (yet).

But I'll keep trying (since personal experience doesn't seem to matter here).

The Deep South of the U.S. has as much corruption as any Mexican police force you can name.

Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:05 pm

What the heck is the difference between cops on a ticket quota system or the one's along the southeastern corridor that prey on the snowbirds headed for their mandatory winter visits to Florida? Still armed robbery!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:25 pm

The difference is that they don't pull fake stops, throw you up against the car and rifle your purse or wallet or steal stuff from you luggage.

You haven't had it happen to you, thank goodness, but because of that you don't know what it is like. I'm still waiting for you to explain to us how we should behave so as not to be a target for armed robbery by cops. And that is what it is.

A few isolated and old incidences in one state are not the equivalent of the general problem of crooked cops in Mexico.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Mainecoons wrote:

A few isolated and old incidences in one state are not the equivalent of the general problem of crooked cops in Mexico.

No?

(And West Texas is no different, either. Ask anyone about the "speed trap" between Sweetwater and Abilene. Truth is, when you give a thug a badge and a gun, whether it's in Mexico or the U.S. -- it's authorized mayhem.)

[N.B. - Isn't "armed robbery" a bit over-the-top?]
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Anyone who denies the existence of crooked cops in the US apparently isn't well read and must be quite provincial in their knowledge. It is convenient for the sake of this argument to deny and claim ignorance. East coast speed traps are infamous and well documented and I won't be wasting my time doing research for your education. In your old home town, a Albuquerque cop was recently caught for posting on Facebook that his occupation was: "human waste disposal" and this was discovered shortly after he was involved in an officer shooting which resulted in a death. Maybe you can rationalize that this wasn't armed robbery but it may have been death by an armed cop?

As to your question: "I'm still waiting for you to explain to us how we should behave so as not to be a target for armed robbery by cops. And that is what it is." I have no idea what the answer is. I drive like a bat out of hell and apparently look like I know what I am doing. Maybe it is that I don't look like I have the money to pay the piper? Who knows? I do know that when pulled over NOB, I am circumspect and respectful of their position and have not had a ticket in well over 20 years. I have gone through Federale radar traps on the cuota from the New Mexico border traveling in excess of 90mph and never had one come after me. Maybe it is the way I hold my mouth?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Not at all. The cops are armed and they are robbing people personally and directly. That is not the same as speed traps. Get real. You can go to court and protest tickets.

These cops are not being nice and courteous about this. Their whole demeanor is threatening. Neither one of you obviously knows what you are talking about because you haven't been there. But a number of us have and it sure isn't anything like a routine traffic stop or speed trap in the U.S. This isn't about being given an unfair ticket for going 1 mph over an artificially low speed limit. This is about being physically handled by armed and threatening individuals, having your possessions rifled and your property and money stolen on the spot.

Another report from artsnob on TOB of more cop armed robbery on that bypass. Got $2000 pesos from those victims.

Stop making a fool of yourself here, Neil. You've already admitted you have been fortunate enough not to have this happen to you. Unlike your enjoyment of it happening to me, I am happy that this hasn't happened to you. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is a really unnerving experience. And it goes way beyond getting screwed on a traffic ticket. Stop posting nonsense. We have Susan for that job.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Not at all. The cops are armed and they are robbing people personally and directly. That is not the same as speed traps. Get real. You can go to court and protest tickets. These cops are not being nice and courteous about this. Their whole demeanor is threatening.
Right. Those cops in Texas & Louisiana don't carry guns, and they are so polite about stopping you without any kind of threat. So, going to court and protesting the ticket really is an advantage, is it?

Who needs to "Get real" here?

Truth is: You give a thug that kind of power and he's sure to take advantage. And that's true whether it's Mexico, Texas, or Louisiana -- or, perhaps, the University of California at Davis: http://voodoodr06.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/university-of-california-davis-ucd-teargas-incident/

razberry
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:23 pm

I was pulled over by the same cop, I was leaving Fransicos mechanico....He insisted I was going the wrong way out of his business...LMAO....after 6 years here...Mordida...get a life....I said give me ticket....he made threats, taking my vehicle, I said here are the keys....LMAOF, I refused to give him my license...but held it up for his review. He said he would confiscate my vehicle....again LMAO....He gave up and left.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Mainecoons:

Why are you not revealing the whole story of your experiences back in June? I will grant you that you may have been ripped off by a set of cops but the fact of the matter is that you hadn't done your research on going this route. Anyone headed for Texas would know better than be looking for signs for Zapopan and Tepic from your description on TOB - your words not mine!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next