INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to order from Amazon for delivery Lakeside?

3 posters

Go down

How to order from Amazon for delivery Lakeside? Empty How to order from Amazon for delivery Lakeside?

Post by 57Chevy Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:39 pm

SunFan posted a question in the "delicious coffee" thread today:
To quote:

"Does anyone have experience ordering from Amazon for delivery Lakeside?
Are there other approaches one can use for on-line ordering that gets delivery to Lakeside?
Thanks for any advice.
SunFan."

Anyone have advice?
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How to order from Amazon for delivery Lakeside? Empty Re: How to order from Amazon for delivery Lakeside?

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:53 am

I have a friend who has books delivered from Amazon to his Mexican PO Box in Ajijic. The shipping charge is significant but they always arrive - no duty.

Sol y Luna accept book deliveries but charge per book - I think it is up to 60 pesos per book now and I believe you need to have a mail box account with them. But if you have them shipped to your Laredo address the shipping from Amazon is free and then the 60 peso per book charge for Sol y Luna to bring them to Mexico.

Then there is Hugh Roberts delivery service from Laredo. If you are not already a customer he has a waiting list and is not accepting new customers. If you are he has a charge per 3 books and you often pay 16% duty on the shipment.

And then I have a friend who has packages sent directly to her home in Mirasol - tips the post office delivery guy:-) Some areas this does not work well in especially if you don't know the post man.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

How to order from Amazon for delivery Lakeside? Empty Re: How to order from Amazon for delivery Lakeside?

Post by susan Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:25 pm

i never had a friend send me books. i wonder if there is duty tax under $100? if not it is the way too go. another option is order from SANDI. i do this by phone. they send a confirmation email w/total charges, book prices & ship fee from guad to ajijic. books take 3-4 weeks for to arrive @ their store. they contact you when they are ready to ship your package to ajijic, give you their bank acct #. you then deposit pesos, they have various accts. in different banks. i contact them after deposit is made. & they ship to house 1-2 days. you pay by the book, it is more than the list price. (for me 3'xs as much as i pay in the US. i get 50% discounts for brand new publishers copies). the local ex feda charges vary by the weight of the books. i paid between 80-100 pesos for one or two books.

Last edited by susan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:34 pm

You are not supposed to pay duty on books, but in Mexico you never know. I have a friend who was charged duty once- in 15 years that is not bad. I don't know which is more expensive - paying the Amazon shipping to Mexico or paying Sandi's prices. I wait until I go to the US then go nuts! Right now I'm getting great books in the bazaar's.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down