INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody crossed the border this week?

+2
bobnliz
kipissippi
6 posters

Go down

Anybody crossed the border this week? Empty Anybody crossed the border this week?

Post by kipissippi Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:47 pm

We came home last Sunday and saw a few military trucks full of VERY YOUNG ...well they looked awfully young to me..soldiers with very big guns. No problems that I noticed.

The wait at the border was shorter and it was Saturday evening about 6! Usually the most congested time. Usually traffic backs up into Nuevo Laredo but this time there wasn't even a line till we got to the Texas side. I was watching license plates and the majority were from Mexico, quite a few from Texas....a lot with Mexican drivers and a sprinkle from other states. I've never seen it like this before. This slow down in tourists has got to be hurting Mexico. Sure hope things cool down soon.

Has anyone heard anything about things getting better...or at least the Zetas or the Cartels backing off a little....I hope...?

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Anybody crossed the border this week? Empty Re: Anybody crossed the border this week?

Post by bobnliz Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:46 pm

Kip ~ Haven't heard anything one way or the other. We crossed back into the US early in March at Nogales. Same as you. No problem at all. Bit crowded on account of Calderon was going to be there that week-end. Apparently folks wanted to see him.
Rolly might have some info as to what's going on. He's usually on top of things.
All the news here is about the quake in Calexico. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Anybody crossed the border this week? Empty Re: Anybody crossed the border this week?

Post by kipissippi Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:31 pm

They say it was even bigger than the Haiti one...they were very lucky they got so little damage and only two lives lost.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 pm

had the easiest trip yet. No problems, skirted all the major downtowns, stayed in the major hotels and had a blast. Going to Texas is much better than going to North California. For one thing you end up in Texas.

rico

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:07 pm

rico wrote:had the easiest trip yet. No problems, skirted all the major downtowns, stayed in the major hotels and had a blast. Going to Texas is much better than going to North California. For one thing you end up in Texas.
WTF? I'm a newbie?

rico

Back to top Go down

Anybody crossed the border this week? Empty "Newbie"

Post by Bud Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Yep. I guess everybody starts from square one.

Bud

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:06 pm

WTF? I'm a newbie?

Well, duh, you've only got 2 posts! Start writing!!! Or have you been, gasp, lurking?!?
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Well...I guess no news is good news. When they choose to be noticed....they do it up big.

[quote="bobnliz"]Kip ~ Haven't heard anything one way or the other. We crossed back into the US early in March at Nogales. Same as you. No problem at all. Bit crowded on account of Calderon was going to be there that week-end. Apparently folks wanted to see him.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anybody crossed the border this week? Empty Border Crossing

Post by Ajijic Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:50 am

Yesterday April 7th, friends drove from San Miguel to Laredo and had a uneventful journey. Bridge 2 had wait of 45 minutes at 7 pm.
Ajijic
Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down