INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The difference

+2
Solovino
kipissippi
6 posters

Go down

The difference Empty The difference

Post by kipissippi Thu May 20, 2010 2:51 pm

ALL of the local TV stations have been covering a breaking story for the last two hours. Two police officers were killed during a traffic stop in West Memphis, Arkansas. The police caught up with them at Walmart. In the gun battle two officers were shot..in critical condition, and the killers have now been shot and killed.

If the Mexican news stations did that everytime officers were killed..... at this point in time it would take up most of the air time. It's just not a big deal anymore...and that's a very sad sign of the times. :(
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

The difference Empty Re: The difference

Post by kipissippi Thu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm

They credit the employees of Walmart for no customers getting hit. When the shooting started one employee was near the door and heard the shots. When she saw what was going down, she ran inside and they herded all of the customers to the back of the store. No one injured but the police and bad guys. There must have been something in that car worth killing two cops for, but they haven't released that information yet.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu May 20, 2010 4:00 pm

kipissippi wrote:ALL of the local TV stations have been covering a breaking story for the last two hours. Two police officers were killed during a traffic stop in West Memphis, Arkansas. The police caught up with them at Walmart. In the gun battle two officers were shot..in critical condition, and the killers have now been shot and killed.

If the Mexican news stations did that everytime officers were killed..... at this point in time it would take up most of the air time. It's just not a big deal anymore...and that's a very sad sign of the times. :(

Where did you get the idea that the local news media doesn't cover cops being killed?

De veras, de donde sacan los gringos tantas pendejadas?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Thu May 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Recuerdo que cuando asesinaron al sub-jefe de la Policía de Chapala, ese crimen fue cubierta por todos los medios de comunicación Twisted Evil

Pero es cierto que en estos tiempos, esos tipos de crimines pasan en México con más frecuencia que la mayoría de otros países.

G

Last edited by Demonio on Thu May 20, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu May 20, 2010 4:46 pm

I never said they didn't.....what I said is that ALL of the MidSouth stations preempted ALL of the programs for over three hours to cover the story. If that's happened in Mexico...I stand corrected.

It was so out of the ordinary and horrifying (for here)....even without decapitated heads, that it had top priority.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Thu May 20, 2010 5:07 pm

kipissippi, Mexico does indeed cover the deaths of police officers killed in the line of duty, but unfortunately it's an all too often occurrence here and doesn't receive the attention it merits like NOB. For example, in the city of Los Angeles (2nd largest city in the States), the last LAPD (an organization near and dear to my heart) police officer killed in the line of duty was Randy Simmons (if you don't count Spree Desha who was killed in a train wreck on her way home) and it occurred well over two years ago. So, I think I understand what you're getting at.

G
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu May 20, 2010 6:47 pm

I think the big difference Demo, is the "in the line of duty" part. Something happens, they go to the rescue and they get shot...but....having the bad guys come to them and spray the police station with bullets?.. No way!!!!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri May 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Of course that is exactly what did happen during prohibition in the States. The killing was much more "random acts of madness," and all sorts of places got shot up. It was the show of force thing. Spraying bullets made a much bigger impression, I suppose. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri May 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi Lizzy...kind of hard to compare what's happening now with what happened during prohibition. If the police had the technology and communications that they have now...it would have been a different story. But even then the cops didn't have to wear masks to make sure the bad guys didn't kill their whole family.

It's getting VERY interesting here. I figured theyhad to be some kind of fanatics to not be taken alive. Most ciminals will throw in the towel if they're outgunned...tomorrow's another day and you never know what magic a scum ball lawyer can make. I couldn't figure out what they could have had in the car that was worth dying for.

In the car there were no drugs, diamonds, cash or heavy duty weapons.. no AK47s.....just a "long" rifle...I guess they meant hunting rifle? and a pistol....but the Deputy Chief never even got a chance to get out of his car before they'd put FIVE bullets in his stomach. Sniper? I don't know, but he was deadly accurate. The van was registered to an Aryan Nation white supremist church. The story keeps getting better. This father and his 16 year old kid are on youtube spouting antigovernment bs....like you don't have to pay your debts...the government has to pay them...I didn't get the whole thing. I'm sure there will be lots more about it as they keep digging.. As good a shot as the guy was I was wondering if their might be someone coming to Memphis that they were targeting.

These guys scare the crap out of me..the neonazis, skin heads, KKK. Muslims have their various terrorists, Christiandom has the Aryan Nation. Hopefully neither group will be judged by their extremists.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri May 21, 2010 5:54 pm

I'll take the drug cartels over those morons any day.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri May 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Don't think I'd choose either one.... the white supremists are vicious but pikers compared to the cartels and they don't have near the power and money.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri May 21, 2010 6:21 pm

The World is full of Bad People... Jails are full of Stupid People...

I'm bettin Kipps wuzn't a Matlock fan!! lol
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri May 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Wasn't comparing the severity of the act so much as the style in which it was done, but...
the question is do you think that the average non-combatant might have been safer before the "war on drugs?" Any thoughts on that? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Yep, I'm betting the cartels and the Mexican government will eventually come to an impasse and settle things back down just like the US government eventually did with the Mafia.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri May 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Safer before? No doubt.

Still a Matlock fan...they're showing reruns in the mornings! Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 pm

kipissippi wrote:Don't think I'd choose either one.... the white supremists are vicious but pikers compared to the cartels and they don't have near the power and money.

Yes but the religious freaks have god on their side.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri May 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Don't EVEN get me started....I'm stuck in the middle of the bible belt till our place sells. They make me effing crazy!!!!!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat May 22, 2010 11:07 am

We are not having them right now, but I do watch them when they're available. My favourite, though, is Angela Lanbury in "Murder, She Wrote." I always did love an English cozy, and MSW is the US equivalent. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum