INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insulin

+2
oncesubtle
Walter
6 posters

Go down

Insulin Empty Insulin

Post by Walter Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Is there anyone using "Novolin ge NPH Penfill" ? Where do you get it/ Farmacia Christina used to be able to get it in one or two days, but for some unknown reason can't now!

I've got a couple days left, so have to hop to, to get some. Basta
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Insulin Empty Re: Insulin

Post by oncesubtle Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:16 pm

Thought I'd add a good karma reason to help Walter. He tipped our (mother of 6) maid generously for cleaning his apartment and when thanked by Candace and I he replied, "Well, it isn't much for me but it's a lot for her, and she's a nice lady."

Reporting the holiday spirit alive and well lakeside, over and out. flag waver
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:38 pm

that Itch is a good egg!!

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:17 pm

Jeebus H. Walter you have a problem here. First thing try to find an adequate substitute. The pharmacist at Farmacias Cristina is a pretty good resource. Can she recommend an appropriate alternative? If she can't Dr. Lastra can most likely recommend something. Good news here, she probably has him on speed dial.

Good Luck.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:02 pm

The Farmacia Express in San Antonio next to the Oxxo can usually get anything. The woman owner speaks perfect English and her father who is a doctor owns the farmacia. There is also Maskaras Farmacia next to Maskaras Clinic in Riberas - just a little past Chapala and the closest to you. They speak English - I think this one is owned by Dr. Carlos Garcia - doctor at the clinic same location.

Then there is the Farmacia in Chapala on Madero - main street - 1/2 block toward Soriana away from the market on the market side of the street. It's run by two older women and if you take the box or pen they will tell you if they have it or can order it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:30 pm

Dr. Lastra is on vacation in the U.S....he does have someone filling in though. Lupita at Farmacia Cristina is THE best at finding anything...if there is a problem with production or shipping because of the holidays then she probably can't help you.
Please, in the future, always have a minimum one month backup of your meds...
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:59 pm

I haven't had a problem. One or two days max at Christina. This time just not to be had. Will try more drugstores tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas, will check them first.
Gee ferret, I never thought of that. Perhaps you would like to be my manager! scratch

Last edited by Walter on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stoopid)
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Don't be crusty on New Year's Eve Walter, I meant well. We're in Mexico and we've lived here a long time...just passing on something that we have learned the hard way.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:37 pm

On your way to Maskaras Farmacia and Farmacia Express there is a Farmacia Guadalajara in Chapala on the left where all the new building are located. Check there also - they often have stuff other farmacies are out of.

Sorianna in Chapala also has a drug store section worth checking. You can hit at least 8 farmacies in an hour taking them in order.

I recently ran into the same problem although not something I take regularly. It's Flonorm and I had to go to about 10 farmacies to get all the pills I needed. I was told at Farmacia Maskaras it was a distribution problem. They had some samples in their cabinet and GAVE them to me. Good luck Walter.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:22 pm

well, I lucked out> Farmacia Guadalajara (my first stop) had the same product, only in a vial, so that I have to use syringes instead of the pen. No biggie! Thanks everybody. cheers
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down