INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simply Thai

4 posters

Go down

Simply Thai Empty Simply Thai

Post by hound dog Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:27 pm

We tried dinner at Simply Thai in Ajijic tonight - a restarurant in which we had been disappointed in the past but they have a new chef and, as we love Thai food, especially (in my case) if explosively spiced, it was time to try again. We started with spring rolls and Thai style chicken sate and the spring rolls were delicious if the chicken sate a bit insipid. As main courses, my wife had the pad thai and I the massaman chicken curry extra spicy. Since it was Monday night, they offered 2X1 margaritas which we tried and they were delicious and made with fresh lime juice - not some mediocre mix. We also had ice cold cervezas which were great with our main courses. The whole meal was quite delicious and, finally, the owners have their Thai food right and excellent with the new chef. A truly authentic pad thai and a curry broth redolent of kaffir lime leaves and galangal - very difficult ingredients to get around here - we bring ours back from Paris. A fine place finally serving really good and authentic Thai food. We´ll definitely be back with utmost enthusiasm.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Simply Thai Empty Re: Simply Thai

Post by Solovino Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:01 am

hound dog wrote: We´ll definitely be back with utmost enthusiasm.
How many times have we heard this about how many restaurants? That enthusiasm usually starts to wane on the second visit and the place will hit the top of your shit list by the third or fourth visit at the latest.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:18 am

Solovino wrote:
How many times have we heard this about how many restaurants? That enthusiasm usually starts to wane on the second visit and the place will hit the top of your shit list by the third or fourth visit at the latest.

Dawg - I enjoyed your review and find it well written and concise.

Solovino - I don't see you posting any restaurant reviews to help others. Did you forget to take your meds? If you can't post something constructive, why post at all. You're just showing your true self or maybe you just have a h..d on for Dawg.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Solovino wrote:

That´s possible. Variety is the spice of life and one doesn´t want to dine at the same place too often or, indeed, it becomes old hat and, in Ajijic, inconsistent presentation in restaurants is the norm. As we are big Thai food enthusiasts, I hope in this case that they succeed and continue to serve very good Thai food.

Speaking of variety being the spice of life, we have found since moving a few months to Chiapas each year that we like Lakeside much better. Getting away from Lakeside and living in an area that is very different from Lakeside makes us appreciate both places much more than we would appreciate either place if we were there all the time. For instance, San Ctristóbal de Las Casas is a very interesting and fascinating ancient colonial city but after a few months there and traveling about other parts of Southern Mexico equally fascinating, Dawg misses the lake and my Thai restaurant so by the time I return from Chiapas, if the food remains as good as last night, it tastes better than ever to me since (I am full of cliches today) absence makes the mind grow fonder. Then, when we return to San Cristóbal, we appreciate our favorite restaurants, bakers and pizza joints there much more after a few months at the lake.

Thanks for defending Dawg, John but don´t fret about Solovino as I find his posts entertaining and wish there were even more witty curmudgeons on this board than there are at present.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:05 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Solovino - I don't see you posting any restaurant reviews to help others. Did you forget to take your meds? If you can't post something constructive, why post at all. You're just showing your true self or maybe you just have a h..d on for Dawg.

You don't see me offering reviews on Lakeside restaurants because I avoid the area like the clap. BTW when you relocate NOB will you change your handle to johninbarstow?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Solovino
we went back to Simply Thai and it was excellent. They have a Thai chef and use spices such as keffir lime and galangal right now as they have them and it makes a whole lot of difference to the taste of the food. I hope they can keep getting them.
Ginger is widely available but I have never seen galangal, Solovino , have you? You probably could grow it on the coast.
I would like to get some plants if anyone has them.
I have another Keffir lime growing as my first one died so I am still using dried leaves, can´t wait to get some fresh one when the plant is large enough.
I love Thai food and will eat it and cook it over French food anyday, still like the restaurant.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down