INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any ideas as to what is in the Lake Taco Dressing?

+4
CheenaGringo
gringal
viajero
SusieSunshine
8 posters

Go down

Any ideas as to what is in the Lake Taco Dressing? Empty Any ideas as to what is in the Lake Taco Dressing?

Post by SusieSunshine Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:22 pm

My friend came to visit and fell in love with that stuff. I don't eat it...not a mayo fan unless I make it myself. However she is asking me what do I think is in it. I have no idea. Anyone have any ideas/guesses?

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Any ideas as to what is in the Lake Taco Dressing? Empty Re: Any ideas as to what is in the Lake Taco Dressing?

Post by viajero Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Lake taco dressing,Ive never heard of it.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Any ideas as to what is in the Lake Taco Dressing? Empty Re: Any ideas as to what is in the Lake Taco Dressing?

Post by gringal Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:18 pm

viajero wrote:Lake taco dressing,Ive never heard of it.

Me, either. Where do you find it?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Could SusieSunshine be referring to the taco dressing used at Lake Taco?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Could SusieSunshine be referring to the taco dressing used at Lake Taco?

Yep! Sorry for the confusion. I thought the capital letters would give it away.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:51 am

I love the stuff but can't put my finger on it.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:05 pm

It's chipotle mayo.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:53 pm

I think what Susie Sunshine´s friend is requesting is a guide as to what the Lake Taco joint behind the libramiento PEMEX Station uses as a dressing in its fish and, perhaps, shrimp tacos. For those of you unfamiliar with this taco joint in Ajijic, they sell several types of tacos but specialize in fish tacos prepared in the style of taco joints in Baja and their tacos are quite tasty. We go there often and are never disappointed.

I don´t know what ingredients they put in their basic fish taco dressing but I am doubtful that the mayonnaise-style dressing used there is flavored with chapotle as proposed by Sideways although, I suppose that is possible if the chiplotle component is modestly applied. It really doesn´t matter as the fish tacos at Lake Taco are served with a wide variety of potential sauces availabe at the counter including some that are mild and some that are quite assertive.

The food a t Lake Taco is very good and inexpensive. The taco stand is a great addition to the community and I´d advise just enjoying the place and stop worrying about how to duplicate their product at home. By the way, this is primarily a Baja style taco joint appealing to gringos. It ain´t local and never will be.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Oops....I went ahead and told her to try chipotle mayo.

Hound Dog is right, though...the food is good and there are even a bunch of coupons out there to get 3 for the price of 2 which makes it even more affordable.

I'd never try to duplicate it...I'm too lazy when things are that cheap and easy...haha. My friend, however, lives too far to get any and is, apparently, still craving the stuff.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Clemente Jacques makes a squeezable "Chipotles molidos"...industrial strength. We mix it with mayo (your choice of mayo of course) to acheive a milder chipotle sauce depending on what we're using it on. With pork...a little spicier but with fish a little milder. It's more economical made in this manner and gives you more control.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down