INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH HSBC

+6
hound dog
johninajijic
Mainecoons
raqueteer
David
Jim W
10 posters

Go down

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH HSBC Empty BAD EXPERIENCE WITH HSBC

Post by Jim W Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Went to HSBC ATM accross from Wallmart......2 machines..inserted card clicked 6000 pesos...1st said no cambio, would you like another transaction...clicked no....card came out. went to next machine, got 6000 pesos. Checked bank on line next day....12,000 pesos charged....filed claim with US bank.....HSBC claims all 12,000 pesos distributed....Met with HSBC mgr....he says no more than 6000 pesos can be drawn per day, per card. Just an FYI.....I will probably prevail....BUT....the less you use your ATM card here the safer you are!!!!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH HSBC Empty Re: BAD EXPERIENCE WITH HSBC

Post by David Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:01 pm

HSBC machines have the worst rep here. Why would you use one?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:57 am

David wrote:HSBC machines have the worst rep here. Why would you use one?

Well well well, lookee here. Another BINGO. Closed our HSBC account after a bit of an altercation. Finally went to the bank and demanded they fork over every last peso in the account. Still getting a statement showing 1 centavo every month as the balance. There's a certain level of satisfaction in the fact that they're now actually paying postage to send us that account statement monthly.... Very Happy

There will NEVER be an official closure of this particular account as far as I'm concerned. Beer

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:21 am

When we moved here, we got an HSBC account which was supposed to allow us to withdraw cash here fee free. The ink was hardly dry when they put a fat fee on withdrawals. We closed the account. Don't miss it, particularly with all the reports of problems with their ATMs here.

BTW, ScotiaBank replaced that troublesome ATM over there by Dominos and since then, it has worked flawlessly for us. They also repaired the door to the ATM room so that you can lock it while you're in there.

We've also had good luck with the Bancomer ATM over there close to Tio Sams and the Libremiento Pemex. Interestingly, the ATM fee is higher there than the Bancomer ATM next to the municipal building in Chapala.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:01 am

MULTIVA is the most reliable ATM we have ever used and charges no fees.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:04 am

Mainecoons wrote:When we moved here, we got an HSBC account which was supposed to allow us to withdraw cash here fee free. The ink was hardly dry when they put a fat fee on withdrawals. We closed the account. Don't miss it, particularly with all the reports of problems with their ATMs here.

BTW, ScotiaBank replaced that troublesome ATM over there by Dominos and since then, it has worked flawlessly for us. They also repaired the door to the ATM room so that you can lock it while you're in there.

We've also had good luck with the Bancomer ATM over there close to Tio Sams and the Libremiento Pemex. Interestingly, the ATM fee is higher there than the Bancomer ATM next to the municipal building in Chapala.

That Bancomer ATM on the libramiento has been out of order for the past two weeks after it was torched and robbed unless they have since fixed it. We are lucky to have a financial institution in the U.S. that rebates any and all ATM fees at any machine anywhere in the world so I´ve never noticed any fee difference with Bancomer in downtown Chapala. We normally use the Bancomer ATM on the libramiento because of its ease of access but the bank sure has taken its time fixing it. Thanks for the warning about HSBC in Ajijic, For your information, we have had problems with HSBC on the plaza near our home in San Cristóbal de Las Casas as well so rarely use that machine and use Banamex instead when down there.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:56 am

There is also a fee difference between HSBC @ their branch accross from Walmart, and their ATM @ Soriano Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:27 am

Ah Dawg, thanks for the heads up. We haven't been over there for the last few weeks so didn't know this had happened.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:31 pm

johninajijic wrote:MULTIVA is the most reliable ATM we have ever used and charges no fees.

John:

I presume you mean you are a Multiva customer and they don´t charge an ATM fee for their customers using their machines; not that I as a non-Multiva customer can use their ATM without charge. I bank at Bancomer and Banamex in Mexico and am never charged an ATM fee at either institution when using their proprietary machines. Of course, if I use my Bancomer ATM card at Banamex or vice versa, I pay a fee. Therefore, because my bank in the U.S. rebates all ATM fees to me, I use the U.S. card unless the account I am using is held at the particular bank whose ATM I am utilizing.

For those still planning to move down here, I recommend you seek out a U.S. based financial institution that routinely waives ATM fees at any other instittution anywhere in the world before you move down here. We save hundreds of dollars a year in wiaved ATM fees both here in Mexco and in Europe fees so it is an important feature which should be offered by many larger multi-national banks and brokerage houses.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by RachelM Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:46 pm

I use HSBC machines at the HSBC bank at the Laguna Mall on a regular basis, including today. I usually withdraw 10,000 pesos because taking out a larger amount (close to my daily limit) means keeping fees to a minimum. I have never had a problem, either with the 10,000 pesos or with the fees, or with any subsequent illegal withdrawal. I am not a HSBC customer so I do have to pay the 29 pesos or so fee, but for my needs, that is fine.

RachelM

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:53 pm

RachelM wrote:I use HSBC machines at the HSBC bank at the Laguna Mall on a regular basis, including today. I usually withdraw 10,000 pesos because taking out a larger amount (close to my daily limit) means keeping fees to a minimum. I have never had a problem, either with the 10,000 pesos or with the fees, or with any subsequent illegal withdrawal. I am not a HSBC customer so I do have to pay the 29 pesos or so fee, but for my needs, that is fine.

YOU GOTTA BE A TACO SHY OF A COMBO PLATE.........What planet do you live on?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:34 pm

I have had a few clients with poor experiences at Multiva to the point where one was forced to sue the bank even after the government watchdog agency (PROFECO) said they were wrong and should pay the person.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Jim W wrote:
RachelM wrote:I use HSBC machines at the HSBC bank at the Laguna Mall on a regular basis, including today. I usually withdraw 10,000 pesos because taking out a larger amount (close to my daily limit) means keeping fees to a minimum. I have never had a problem, either with the 10,000 pesos or with the fees, or with any subsequent illegal withdrawal. I am not a HSBC customer so I do have to pay the 29 pesos or so fee, but for my needs, that is fine.

YOU GOTTA BE A TACO SHY OF A COMBO PLATE.........What planet do you live on?

I happen to live on the same planet and agree with RachelM. Neither my hubby nor myself have ever had a problem with the HSBC Laguna Mall ATM's and have been using them regularly since last April.
Sorry you've had a problem Jim, but your problem doesn't apply to everyone.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Sorry ferret, Totally disagree, you and your friend have been lucky.....not so for many. I bank @ Soriano"s LMAO....use ATM at least 10 times per month, and have had 5 incidents over past 4 years with HSBC....The one I refer to now is the biggest joke.....ATM...attempted transaction....out of money....went to 2nd machine...got 6000 pesos......my bank acct was hit for 12,000 pesos...filed claim....HSBC research says I got 12,000 pesos.....The biggest Joke......HSBC manager confirmed.....no more than 6000 pesos can be drawn per day per card.... Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:48 am

You have had a bad experience, others, including myself, have not. In other words, the majority of the people who use the atm at hsbc have had good service. I am just curious, what percentage of errors does HSBC have compared to the other atms in the area? I don't believe there has been one atm where there have been no problems reported.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 am

You are right about that.....The ATM dept compounded problem...claiming I received money....fortunately bank magr got involved as HSBC has a set a daily limit of 6000 per day per card.

With all the cloning problems around here ATM's use can be risky. For me ...opening accout @ Intercam solved the problem, plus get a better exchange rate and no ATM fees. Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down