INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexico's Middle Class

2 posters

Go down

Mexico's Middle Class Empty Mexico's Middle Class

Post by CheenaGringo Sun 18 Mar 2012 - 12:06

Some years back, there was a rather heated discussion about Mexico's Middle Class on one of the forums. An article from the Washington Post discusses this at some length:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mexicos-middle-class-is-becoming-its-majority/2012/03/14/gIQA9R0KJS_story.html?hpid=z2

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mexico's Middle Class Empty Re: Mexico's Middle Class

Post by johninajijic Sun 18 Mar 2012 - 18:35

CheenaGringo wrote:Some years back, there was a rather heated discussion about Mexico's Middle Class on one of the forums. An article from the Washington Post discusses this at some length:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mexicos-middle-class-is-becoming-its-majority/2012/03/14/gIQA9R0KJS_story.html?hpid=z2

A very interesting read. I wonder if the statistics might be similar to GDL where the population is so much larger?

I think the 65% for middle class "might" be even higher, if more Mexicans filed income taxes and claimed their proper earnings.

Just last week, my Physical Therapist told me how Hacienda is looking into Mexicans bank accounts, credit cards and purchases of cars, like how can they have all this without showing an income. Hacienda is finally beginning to clamp down.

Last time there was a discussion, I remember that Mexicans with income of $ 8,000. US to $ 50,000. US were considered middle class.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun 18 Mar 2012 - 18:55

Much of that article covers the area around Queretaro. My Canadian/American (sort of) friend lives outside of San Juan del Rio, which I understand in about a half hour drive from the City of Queretaro. For a good year, he has been telling me about all that is happening in that area. One example is that one of the major universities is building a brand new campus on the outskirts of Queretaro. Queretaro is also the center of the airplane industry in Mexico.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down