INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article on Microbrews and Microbrewing in Jalisco

2 posters

Go down

Article on Microbrews and Microbrewing in Jalisco Empty Article on Microbrews and Microbrewing in Jalisco

Post by Sherman Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:52 pm

In the April issue of Judy King's on-line magazine Mexico Insights, I've researched and am publishing an article on microbrews, microbrewing, and home brewing in Jalisco and our local area. The magazine is available by subscription. However, each month Judy posts in the Lake Chapala Review a notice for a 'free issue' of the on-line magazine by just contacting her.

If you are a microbrew fan, El Figon in Ajijic on Constitucion has by far the best selection around of beers from the smallest 'brewers.'

If you have Netflix, there's an interesting documentary on the "Beers Wars" of the US discussing the struggle between the more traditional huge, old brewers and the newer smaller brewers trying to pave their way.

If you know about Minerva and are interested in seeing their 'brewery,' you can arrange a tour. Checkout their website.

It was a fun article to research and to write!
Enjoy,

Filoli mariachi

And, author of Life Planning in Jalisco
www.lifeplanninginjalisco.wordpress.com

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Article on Microbrews and Microbrewing in Jalisco Empty Re: Article on Microbrews and Microbrewing in Jalisco

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:17 pm

filoli wrote:In the April issue of Judy King's on-line magazine Mexico Insights, I've researched and am publishing an article on microbrews, microbrewing, and home brewing in Jalisco and our local area. The magazine is available by subscription. However, each month Judy posts in the Lake Chapala Review a notice for a 'free issue' of the on-line magazine by just contacting her.

If you are a microbrew fan, El Figon in Ajijic on Constitucion has by far the best selection around of beers from the smallest 'brewers.'

If you have Netflix, there's an interesting documentary on the "Beers Wars" of the US discussing the struggle between the more traditional huge, old brewers and the newer smaller brewers trying to pave their way.

If you know about Minerva and are interested in seeing their 'brewery,' you can arrange a tour. Checkout their website.

It was a fun article to research and to write!
Enjoy,

Filoli mariachi

And, author of Life Planning in Jalisco
www.lifeplanninginjalisco.wordpress.com

You can get Minerva Imperial stout at Wally world in Ajijic if I have not bought them out. I wish they would sell the pale ale but they don't have enough
to meet demand. The Minerva stout while better than Descutes brewery stout in US it is not as good as Guiness or Murphies. Six pack of stout is
$130 pesos.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Article on Microbrews and Microbrewing in Jalisco Empty Re: Article on Microbrews and Microbrewing in Jalisco

Post by Sherman Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:49 pm

I bought a case of Minerva from the 'factory' office in Guad. 1/2 is the award-winning ale and 1/2 is the stout, which is their biggest seller. I have forgotten the exact amount, but it was more/less $450 for the case. So, if you really want the ale, you can buy it at the 'office.'

I did like the stout a lot. One of the local 'home brewers' is telling me they are about to make a King Kong Stout that they intend to be better than Minerva's stout!! No ego in any of this process; right?

Filoli

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down