INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog Poisoning

+2
johninajijic
CanuckBob
6 posters

Go down

Dog Poisoning Empty Dog Poisoning

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:16 am

I have been reading on TOB's about a dog poisoning in upper Ajijic. It seems to me that this problems seems to crop up every year or so. It is hard for me to believe that some "dog serial killer" is on the loose. Could it be the municipality is dropping poison to cull street dogs and/or rats?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Dog Poisoning Empty Re: Dog Poisoning

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:35 am

It makes me sick to think that someone could be so cruel as to kill someones beloved pet. Even if you don't like dogs or animals, the owners love them like their children.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:14 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I have been reading on TOB's about a dog poisoning in upper Ajijic. It seems to me that this problems seems to crop up every year or so. It is hard for me to believe that some "dog serial killer" is on the loose. Could it be the municipality is dropping poison to cull street dogs and/or rats?

A big problem at Lakeside is people putting rat poison out in their yards to control rats. The rat gets poisoned then a cat or dog catches the dying rat....bye bye pet. Dog Poisoning 851398 People putting food on patio for pets leaving food out at night attracts rats.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:21 pm

I have a small gripe on this subject: per TOB. Dog poisoning, whether done by a municipality to cull strays or because they hate the neighbor or the neighbors' dogs, is a cruel way to go.

My gripe is that people get absolutely hysterical on the topic, and accuse anyone who doesn't feel that extreme to be callous. You know, like thinking the criminal should be tortured, slowly killed and go straight to hell. Who knows whether that's hyperbole or whether it's what they would really happen if they caught the person? You don't get to use hyperbole without consequences in an airplane or in many other situations. If you do, the next thing you know they come to take you away.

Yes, it's a terribly cruel act. Yes, it should be punished, but even more important........people should protect their pets better. One pet was able to slip through the yard bars into the street.......where it was poisoned. When I'm walking on the Ajijc malecon, I see that most leashes aren't attached to the pet. The dog is running free in the park, sniffing and tasting whatever smells interesting. Sometimes the owner isn't even in sight. My message is: protect your pet. Keep it safely attached to a leash......even muizzle it. That's not callous. That's sensible. I've had many pets in my lifetime, so I empathize with the fears of those who have them now.

Good point about the rat poison and the food left out, Jim.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Speaking of dog poisonings, there were several deliberate ones in the raquet some years back, a very nasty business. Usually it's the pet running around loose and getting into rat poison on empty lots or consuming a poisoned animal, but in these cases it was on the owner's property.

On to the the hysteria part. A small group of people decided that one particular person was to blame, without any proof I might add, and started making serious retribution noises. When one other dog died, of natural causes I might add, yes it was autopsied, they refused to listen to reason and became completely rabid about the issue. The threats they were making were truly quite frightening it's really fortunate that nothing horrible happened.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:39 pm

We have too many cats and absolutely no rats/mice/scorpians at least
alive. Mexican cats know how to deal with these creatures. Just a month
or so ago I saw two adult cats and five kittens running after a big rat. It was
fast...real fast. Why they don't get stung by the scorpians I don't know
but they don't. Do the mexican cats know something the transplanted cats
from NOB don't??

Down to four kittens. Need a old kitten? Fixed, all shots and documents. We will
keep three ourselves. Raised with dogs and needless to say cats.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Would you call it a "cat pack" after the rat?

I'd like to have a cat.......but we have a bird spa in our yard. Three layers, with options from sitting over the top spout to shallow dips, to a "shower", to the big tub at the bottom. Unfortunately........gotta make choices.......and the birds win. We are getting amazing visitors we've never seen before, and it's a pleasure to watch.

But good luck on finding the kitty a home, Zed.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down