INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just the facts (transito)

5 posters

Go down

just the facts (transito) Empty just the facts (transito)

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 am

Can they tow? Can they impound your vehicle?I prefer to hear from Spencer with Mexican law cited and a proper translation in English if available.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

just the facts (transito) Empty Re: just the facts (transito)

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Bump
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:37 pm

I am guessing that this post was prompted by a discussion on TOB? Spencer did respond over there with:
"Cop was wrong. There is a fine for having a license but not carrying it with you, Art 162 I. A complaint should be made and also a talk with the head to instruct his underlings. For fun I called the legal department of transito in Guad, still lots of papers to fill out and hassle because he was wrong and you were right."

I am also guessing that when Spencer checks this forum, he may look at the "legal" section first?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:54 pm

CG...you are correct about legal section. I want to know if when you have all proper paper work if transito can still impound your vehicle..........need more coffee or beer Very Happy
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Another question: Can they impound your vehicle if you are driving with an expired license?

Maybe Spencer should answer this.

Does this thread belong in the Legal section?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:03 pm

A more difficult question is: can they or will they?

If I haven't learned anything else from our travels in Mexico - it is the fact that there are few absolutes and that the only consistency is the inconsistency!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Johny

The law that was quoted says no, they cannot but the fine is a day of minimum wage of your area.
The problem is that wether it is legal or not for them to do it , if they do it you have to pay to get our car out and have to go through a bunch of trouble.
All my papers were stolen so I applied on March 3 for a certified copy of my driver license in Riberas. I was told I would have one in 3 working days. Three weeks later I still did not have the copy so I went to Guadalajara to get a certified copy and get a new licence.
It took me 2 hours for the whole process and the lines were horrendous.
Everyone was helpful and friendly and since my license was not expired I did not have to take any test except of the sight test. The permit cost 364 pesos.

Some guys in the line were talking and were saying that "they wre selling the permit for 1300 pesos outside but since you had to stand in line anyways, it was not worth the money." Do not know if that story is correct but that was was being said in the line.

CG is right :"no absolute", read the Pogo story. The law quoted by Spencer says that they cannot impound your vehicule if you cannot present your license but if they do who wants to take the trouble and pay to get them to court.
It is best to have all papers in order to start with and not to give them an excuse as some of them will do whatever is necesary to intimidate you to get mordida or get back at you for wanting the ticket.

Driving with an expired license is asking for it with some of these transitos.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 pm

We need to always keep in mind that their looking for excuses. We recently had an experience with the “Notorious Motorcycle” cop, said we ran a red light at the turn into Wahl-Mart and we hadn’t. He was giving his threating speech until we presented our Jalisco license. His manner completely changed and he just went away.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down