INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidnapping in Joco last Friday

+10
jackak10
MaggieL
Mainecoons
viajero
kipissippi
hockables
GBATRUCKS
johninajijic
fastrak
albertrv
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kidnapping in Joco last Friday Empty Kidnapping in Joco last Friday

Post by albertrv Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 am

While just a rumor at this time I did hear from a very good source that Frankie, the guy who runs the bar just a block up from CFE in Joco was abducted. The bar has been closed since Friday so I'm wondering if the rumor is in fact is true. I also I also hear someone was shot on Friday on the corner right outside the bar. Anyone heard anything about this....

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Kidnapping in Joco last Friday Empty Re: Kidnapping in Joco last Friday

Post by fastrak Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:14 am

Our maid from Joco just let us know that the guy was kidnapped at a Torta stand in el Chante while eating. He was taken close by to a casa and held in the lower level. the under cover police, not sure how to spell the Spanish name, heard rumours where he was and they went in and got him out safely and arrested two men, not the bosses.
fastrak
fastrak

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:21 am

fastrak wrote:Our maid from Joco just let us know that the guy was kidnapped at a Torta stand in el Chante while eating. He was taken close by to a casa and held in the lower level. the under cover police, not sure how to spell the Spanish name, heard rumours where he was and they went in and got him out safely and arrested two men, not the bosses.

Was he involved in drugs or from a rich family?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by fastrak Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Not sure about drugs or money, just passing on what I have heard.
fastrak
fastrak

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 am

albertrv wrote:While just a rumor at this time I did hear from a very good source that Frankie, the guy who runs the bar just a block up from CFE in Joco was abducted. The bar has been closed since Friday so I'm wondering if the rumor is in fact is true. I also I also hear someone was shot on Friday on the corner right outside the bar. Anyone heard anything about this....

TRUE STORY... One of our local gringos was in the bar/pool hall when it happened. He says some guys came in, fingred Frankie, his son & a couple of others and left...one of the captives must of tried to make a break because they shot him dead in front of the bar, took off with the others who haven't been heard of since. Cops were immediatly called, took 'em 20 minutes to get there...no doubt they wanted to make sure the big guns had gone before they strutted on the scene. Smokealot
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed May 16, 2012 11:17 am

I just don't get why some have to make sport of local police....
They make about $300US a month... and all they have to do is go out and get shot At...
Maybe if they up some Jackass's Property Tax from $100US to say $3000US they could do a better Job of getting Shot At.

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed May 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Hocks at this point in time...probably a lot of people would vote for that....if it would make a difference.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed May 16, 2012 12:21 pm

johninajijic wrote:
fastrak wrote:Our maid from Joco just let us know that the guy was kidnapped at a Torta stand in el Chante while eating. He was taken close by to a casa and held in the lower level. the under cover police, not sure how to spell the Spanish name, heard rumours where he was and they went in and got him out safely and arrested two men, not the bosses.

Was he involved in drugs or from a rich family?
John the spin master.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Wed May 16, 2012 2:48 pm

My feeling, and confirmed by a partner of his, was that he wasn't involved in drugs at all. Actually the opposite. A couple of weeks prior to this incident he threw 2 guys out of the bar with 4 grenades and called the cops. There is some feeling that this was a retailation for that. On this particular day he also had a problem with a car sale gone bad in Tizapan. He still hasn't shown up and probably won't. Well at least in a vertical position.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Wed May 16, 2012 3:03 pm

hockables wrote:I just don't get why some have to make sport of local police....
They make about $300US a month... and all they have to do is go out and get shot At...
Maybe if they up some Jackass's Property Tax from $100US to say $3000US they could do a better Job of getting Shot At.

Well, Hocks, I don't know where you get your info, but the English speaking cops I know here in Joco tell me they make closer to $8000 pesos a month. They are given little training, damm less in the way of firepower, while the narcos have AK's, RPG's, and other neat stuff shipped south from the U.S.A. Unless they catch something in the act they can do little until the Ministerio Publico decides to pursue, & that could be days. They have little in the way of investigative abilities, forensics has to come from Guad... Kidnapping in Joco last Friday 531444
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Wed May 16, 2012 3:11 pm

In this case I would think that the cops would have been trying pretty darn hard. Frankie is related to half of the south shore police force by way of marriage.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed May 16, 2012 3:24 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:
hockables wrote:I just don't get why some have to make sport of local police....

Well, Hocks, I don't know where you get your info, but the English speaking cops I know here in Joco tell me they make closer to $8000 pesos a month. They are given little training, damm less in the way of firepower, while the narcos have AK's, RPG's, and other neat stuff shipped south from the U.S.A. Unless they catch something in the act they can do little until the Ministerio Publico decides to pursue, & that could be days. They have little in the way of investigative abilities, forensics has to come from Guad... Kidnapping in Joco last Friday 531444

Thats right... they get paid Bugger All for the priviledge of getting shot ...
Last fall I heard one young cop was killed at a Gun/Grenade fight in El Limon...
just outside my house...
$300... $600... who cares...
I'm tired of hearing what a lousey job these guys are doing, by guys drinking beer around the BarBQue...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Wed May 16, 2012 3:55 pm

So if we don't agree with your idealistic ideas about law enforcement here we are just Jackasses that hang around the bar-b-q & drink beer? As I said on another forum yesterday, the cops aren't about to go Rambo on the cartels because they know they are out-gunned. The narcos have told the "blue shirts" (beat cops) that when they get the word to disappear they should or their wife and kids will be disappeared...Basically it's"we'll pay you to look the other way or kill you & yours...your choice."

It doesn't matter how much you pay the cops, the cartels can always pay more. Every gringo here should read Octavio Paz's "The Labyrinth of Silence" & "Manana Forever?" by Jorge Castaneda to understand why this culture will take a long time to change.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed May 16, 2012 4:26 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:So if we don't agree with your idealistic ideas about law enforcement here we are just Jackasses that hang around the bar-b-q & drink beer? As I said on another forum yesterday, the cops aren't about to go Rambo on the cartels because they know they are out-gunned. The narcos have told the "blue shirts" (beat cops) that when they get the word to disappear they should or their wife and kids will be disappeared...Basically it's"we'll pay you to look the other way or kill you & yours...your choice."

It doesn't matter how much you pay the cops, the cartels can always pay more. Every gringo here should read Octavio Paz's "The Labyrinth of Silence" & "Manana Forever?" by Jorge Castaneda to understand why this culture will take a long time to change.

Actually Jackass.... was being Polite
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Wed May 16, 2012 4:28 pm

..Doesn't bother me either way. I just consider the source.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu May 17, 2012 5:59 am

Or maybe the politicians would just steal more.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieL Thu May 17, 2012 9:17 am

Since people seem so sure that any actual money the police/security forces would get would disappear, is there any possibility that a secure fund could be established to buy equipment and then donate it?

I don't know about such things, mind you, but supposedly there are many retired business people/military vets who could have the necessary connections or know sources/needs?

MaggieL

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu May 17, 2012 10:08 am

I'm sure U could find some Gun Dealer in Texas or Arizona who would accept donations... upon receipt of required funds... they would happily ship across the line to whomever U choose :)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 17, 2012 10:12 am

hockables wrote:I'm sure U could find some Gun Dealer in Texas or Arizona who would accept donations... upon receipt of required funds... they would happily ship across the line to whomever U choose :)

Maybe I misunderstand the meaning. Are you saying we should encourage more guns from the US to be delivered to people we don't trust?

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu May 17, 2012 10:17 am

jackak10 wrote:
hockables wrote:I'm sure U could find some Gun Dealer in Texas or Arizona who would accept donations... upon receipt of required funds... they would happily ship across the line to whomever U choose :)

Maybe I misunderstand the meaning. Are you saying we should encourage more guns from the US to be delivered to people we don't trust?

If U read the previous posting... U would see what I wrote was a response, and tongue in cheek ( A Joke )

Try to keep up...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 17, 2012 10:22 am

A joke. Very funny. Maybe put a little giggle-face to let us know.

scratch

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieL Thu May 17, 2012 10:26 am

I didn't say GUNS -- I said 'equipment' -- cameras on the Malecons and other areas (such as plazas, parking lots, near schools) for example.

I am sure there are many other security measures that someone like 'me' (and most of you, I might add) have no idea about that professionals DO know about.

But, whatever.

MaggieL

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 17, 2012 10:28 am

OMG!!! Guns shipped from TX and AZ!!! I'm soooooo shocked. Like Operation Fast and Furious that Obama's Attorney General Holder knew about and lied, just like Janet Napolitano. Both should be brought up on criminal charges. Holder belongs in jail. Another one of Obamas asshole buddies.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 17, 2012 10:39 am

John:

One again conclusions and assumptions based upon incomplete information! Suggest that you do some reading up on Operation Wide Receiver which began in 2006 and later evolved into Operation Fast and Furious. With that timeline, one could figure that this all started prior to Obama and Holder. Sound familiar that something which started prior to the current administration is now being blamed on them?

I am not defending Fast and Furious but one must look at the big picture! The fact is that the US has egg on its face brought on by all of the politicians on both sides of the fence.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 17, 2012 11:29 am

johninajijic wrote:OMG!!! Guns shipped from TX and AZ!!! I'm soooooo shocked. Like Operation Fast and Furious that Obama's Attorney General Holder knew about and lied, just like Janet Napolitano. Both should be brought up on criminal charges. Holder belongs in jail. Another one of Obamas asshole buddies.

This seems more about bashing Obama than outrage over the guns brought in.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next