INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Brand Drip Coffee Maker do you Own?

+8
Mainecoons
gringal
sparks
David
ferret
CheenaGringo
espíritu del lago
johninajijic
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Brand Drip Coffee Maker do you Own? Empty What Brand Drip Coffee Maker do you Own?

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 am

What brand drip coffee maker do you own? How long have you had it?

Would you buy this brand again?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What Brand Drip Coffee Maker do you Own? Empty Re: What Brand Drip Coffee Maker do you Own?

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:06 am

Dont laugh,my daughter gave me a Starbucks brand and the office one is Mr coffee. Starbucks is 8 years and Mr. Coffee is 6 plus yrs at least and crappy water to boot . I clean Mr coffee once a year with vintage adjust run hot water through Starbucks as needed.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

What Brand Drip Coffee Maker do you Own? Empty Re: What Brand Drip Coffee Maker do you Own?

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:59 am

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 am

At the moment we are using a Proctor Silex...at least that's what it used to be until the label "cleaned" off. It's a year old and is a piece of junk. Way too many crevices to clean.
We just bought a Moulinex Heliora for our new place. We've used this coffee maker before and found that if you run vinegar (or CLR) through it regularly then it lasts a very long time. The "how often" depends on how hard the water is in your area. Generally, I prefer cone coffee makers 'cuz I just find they make better coffee YMMV. I was pleased to find the "Connasieur" (sp?) #4 filters at Costco...300 for 73 pesos because I hated having to buy the Melitta brand for their high cost. Now, if they'd just provide unbleached coffee filters here I'd be really happy. Fussy arse, aren't I?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 am

Oster, one year, excellent. Purchased at The Home Store in Gallerias Mall.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 am

Moulinex because it was the only one with a metal filter. 6 months old, handle came off the basket ... not my favorite but was really tired of Nescafe
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Same as David. Oster. Six months, still working; bought at Soriana. So far, so good.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 pm

When we travel in Mexico, we use: http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-TTG-500-Two-to-Go-Coffeemaker/dp/B00005M1VF
We tote it around in a small backpack, with coffee, coffee filters, sugar in the raw, etc. Neither one of us can even think about even having a shower before a cup of coffee. This is a very handy setup wince it makes coffee directly into travel mugs and one is good to go!

At home, we use a five year old: http://www.1stincoffee.com/capresso-coffeeteam-therm.htm
Grinds the beans right before brewing and makes a pot of coffee with just the right "depth of flavor"!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Mr. Coffee from Costco. Wife cleans it religiously. 6 years old. Makes great coffee!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue May 01, 2012 2:28 am

Mainecoons wrote:Mr. Coffee from Costco. Wife cleans it religiously. 6 years old. Makes great coffee!

Are you trying to tell me a six year old wife not only cleans the coffee maker religiously but makes great coffee that is so good you call her Mr. Coffee? How are her Cuba Libres?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu May 03, 2012 9:49 am

Braun....4 years...works great.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 03, 2012 10:08 am

Thank you to all who responded to my posting.

GBATRUCKS - I'd never buy a Braun ANYTHING. Everything I've owned that has been Braun is a piece of crap. An electronic flash and 2 juicers, same model crapped out in a year.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu May 03, 2012 10:20 am

I believe on electric coffee makers you have to clean for them to last. It doesn't matter what brand. Mine won't die but I clean with vinager. So pick the brand you like clean it and it will last longer than a year.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu May 03, 2012 9:36 pm

johninajijic wrote:Thank you to all who responded to my posting.

GBATRUCKS - I'd never buy a Braun ANYTHING. Everything I've owned that has been Braun is a piece of crap. An electronic flash and 2 juicers, same model crapped out in a year.

And I mispoke...after further review, my coffee maker is a KRUPS...got it at Costco a few years back for around $100...Ony scary thing is, if I ever drop the pot, I don't know where I'd ever find a replacement pot in Mexico.

Having said that, I've had good luck with Braun in the past....still have an electric orange juicer we bought 35 years ago...and my Bosch tools are great. Say what you want, I'll stick with German engineering whenever possible....Like the Karcher pressure washer I recently bought. razberry
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 pm

The fact that a thread dedicated to the notion of what drip coffee (drip coffee for God´s sake) one uses has lasted as long as this one has is a testimony as to the paucity of thought processes exhibited hereabouts. Why don´t those of you wishing to continue this infantile line of thought go over and visit Francisco Duran Duran at Chapala.com who is waiting with bated breath for some morons to humiliate.

Not one respectable human being in the past 50 years has used a drip coffee maker except low-level bankers sucking up free coffee from beanheads who would not know decent coffee from juice just squeezed from a used napkin.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Dawg - Only about 95% of households use drip coffeemakers. Go into other peoples homes and find out or maybe we're just too poor to afford those fancy machines. Of course, it sounds like you're part of the 1% who can afford those fancy shmancy machinesthat make espresso or the K cup single cup brand, if you like that kind of crap called espresso.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Fri May 04, 2012 12:57 am

No doubt Puppy wouldn't be caught dead with anything less than a french press from Williams-Sonoma.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Fri May 04, 2012 5:44 pm

I have a KRUPS, has lasted over 8 years, got slow and so I purchased a new one in the lake area at Tio Sams. I am a die hard KRUPS person. Best coffee pot I ever owned.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat May 05, 2012 12:21 pm

ow
johninajijic wrote:Dawg - Only about 95% of households use drip coffeemakers. Go into other peoples homes and find out or maybe we're just too poor to afford those fancy machines. Of course, it sounds like you're part of the 1% who can afford those fancy shmancy machinesthat make espresso or the K cup single cup brand, if you like that kind of crap called espresso.

What the hell is a "K cup single cup", John? Dawg is puzzled.

You claim to be of Italian descent but call espesso "crap". Interesting. By the way, the proper term in France is "cafe express" and never "espreso". To enlighten your sorry ass, I now present the recipe for the best coffee on the planet:

DAWG´S PERSONAL POUSSE CAFE
One drafft of Cafe Express
Lots of sugar
One cardamom seed (optionaL)
Two ounces of Calvados, Cognac or Havana Club dark rum (not optional)

The best commercial coffee in the United States is served up by the Cafe Buena Vista in North Beach in San Francisco and they call it Irish Coffee. The drink consists of strong coffee. Irish Whiskey, sugar and a dollop of cream on the top.

The best drip coffee maker is the combination of a used, flthy sock, a bucket and some Maxwell House grunge pretending to be coffee. This is best served in a Winnebago somewhere in Kansas while on your way to Omaha with a Confederate Flag front licence plats and a rear license plate exclaiming, "I May Be Slow But I'm Ahead of You."

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat May 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Well, Puppy, if you start your morning with 2oz. of Cognac it speaks volumes about your ramblings later in the day. BTW for those of us great unwashed who use a drip machine & grind our own beans fresh for each pot, try adding an inch or more of fresh cinnamon stick or a few green (not black) cardomon pods to the whole beans. ...Damm...sure wish I could get Gevalia coffee beans down here.

Last edited by GBATRUCKS on Sat May 05, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat May 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Puppy: Are you sure you start the day with only 2oz? The K-cups have been around for several years. The folowing web address will enlighten you.

http://www.keurig.com/KCupSystem
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat May 05, 2012 12:51 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:Well, Puppy, if you start your morning with 2oz. of Cognac it speaks volumes about your ramblings later in the day. BTW for those of us great unwashed who use a drip machine & grind your own beans fresh for each pot, try adding an inch or more of fresh cinnamon stick or a few green (not black) cardomon pods to the whole beans. ...Damm...sure wish I could get Gevalia coffee beans down here.

That was not an uneducated observation, Trucks even if you did misspell "cardomon". You may be the only contributor or at least one of the few contributors on this redneck forum who understannds that, if one is to use cardamom as a flavor enhancing agent in coffee, even if one can´t spell it, it should be green cardamom pods in order to extract the maximum flavor.

Now, your observation that one who starts one´s day with a couple of ounces of French brandy may prove somewhat discombobulated as the day progresses is a keen one. That last sentence exhausted me. I´ve got to go take a nap.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat May 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Although cardomoM is the more popular spelling, cardomoN is also acceptable. See:
http://www.google.com/#q=cardamon&nfpr=1&ei=xmmlT_iUNcni2QX6oJGnAg&sqi=2&start=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=3f36ec44d8ae71d8&biw=1260&bih=672
Now spelling potato with an e at the end is quite improper. Ain't it great to have all this free time on our hands?
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat May 05, 2012 1:28 pm

[quote="GBATRUCKS"]Although cardomoM is the more popular spelling, cardomoN is also acceptable. See:
http://www.google.com/#q=cardamon&nfpr=1&ei=xmmlT_iUNcni2QX6oJGnAg&sqi=2&start=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=3f36ec44d8ae71d8&biw=1260&bih=672
Now spelling potato with an e at the end is quite improper. Ain't it great to have all this free time on our hands?[/quote]

You know, Trucks, old pal, I, once again congratulate you on your exquisite and esoteric taste in knowing that this spice adds immeasurably to the essence of coffee; a value not perceived by many wasting their last years pontificating hereabouts, but it is properly spelled "cardAmom", not "cardOmom". You have now failed third grade twice. Go put your nose in the blackboard ring for one hour. And forget this drip coffee crap. It is beneath you.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat May 05, 2012 2:17 pm

OH NUTS! Puppy is correct...CBob...Any chanch of getting a spell-check thingy added to this?
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next