INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico?

+4
David
CheenaGringo
gringal
ComputerGuy
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico? Empty Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico?

Post by ComputerGuy Tue May 01, 2012 2:07 pm

I've looked from Joco through Guadalajara for a regular-type, white, NOB porcelainized tub, and all I can find are "spa" tubs. With all the piping and parts in a spa tub, there's no room left in a standard size for someone get comfortable.

We have the perfect space, but at the moment it's Mexican tile with square corners: an interesting approximation of a real tub, but you might as well put yourself into a shipping trunk as use this thing for a bath.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico? Empty Re: Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico?

Post by gringal Tue May 01, 2012 2:29 pm

I feel your pain. When we had our bathroom remodeled, our contractor informed us that that's just the way it is. You can have tiled, like a box, or you get the preformed spa tub shape, whether you want a spa or not. Then we went to Home Depot and a few other places and looked for ourselves. Same deal.
If you ever find the Holy Grail of tubs, please share.

One alternative is to have them shape the tile down at the non-faucet end so you can lean back. I've seen those.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico? Empty Re: Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico?

Post by ComputerGuy Tue May 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Thanks, Gringal. I may be nuts, but at least I know I'm not crazy.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue May 01, 2012 2:42 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Thanks, Gringal. I may be nuts, but at least I know I'm not crazy.

Got it. You're better off with the tile. The water has stuff in it here that stains the plastic tubs. Nothing seems to clear it up like white and new again. I've tried; the maids have tried. My advice: go with the shaped tile in some nice color. Cold in the winter though, when you first lower your rear into it. (Aieeee). I actually had a huge shaped tile tub in our SMA house and it was big enough for a party of two. Fine, except it took a bunch of water to fill.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Made to order in the exact configuration and size you require:
[img]Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico? Ancien10[/img]
[img]Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico? Classi10[/img]
[img]Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico? Classi11[/img]
[img]Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico? Classi12[/img]
[img]Regular bathtub: do they exist in Mexico? Rect_d10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 01, 2012 3:59 pm

We did a bathroom remodel two years ago. We found a place in Guadalajara on Ninos Heroes that had tubs in many shapes. We ordered one that is a spa shape, long enough to fully recline with a sloped backrest and arm rests but without any vents, jets, or plumbing.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue May 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Yes, and I've looked in every shop on that street, and more. No bathtubs; nothing in a bathtub size.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Ours is longer than a regular bathtub.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue May 01, 2012 5:06 pm

When all else fails check TIO SAMS, they sell sinks, and I am sure they have catalogs, and have access to everything for bath and kitchen....the have a small shop here, in GDL, they have a huge store. Check out the local store, they are bilingual....and they might be able to help.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed May 02, 2012 12:08 am

Ordered and bought my double size roman soaking tub, without jets, at the builder's supply place next to Pranzo's in La Floresta. Homedepot has them too just ask to see the catalog to order. They sell them w/or w/jets. Also have a reg tub in the guestbath. Chose fiberglass because they're easy to clean w/a 3M pad and it will stay warmer.

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Wed May 02, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed May 02, 2012 12:16 am

Water softner helps with stains on fiberglass. The porcelein tubs are around, I've seen them installed in homes and hotels, ask the building place about it.

Also, when installing, if you haven't thought of it, install that foam installation on the underside to help keep the water warmer longer. I sweat to death. Get the awful restless legs sometimes and a soak in a hot bath gets rid of it fast so I can get my Zzzz's.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 am

If porcelain tubs are aywhere it's on Ninos Heroes where there are lots of plumbing supply stores.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 02, 2012 8:28 am

Chapalagringa wrote:Ordered and bought my double size roman soaking tub, without jets, at the builder's supply place next to Pranzo's in La Floresta. Homedepot has them too just ask to see the catalog to order. They sell them w/or w/jets. Also have a reg tub in the guestbath. Chose fiberglass because they're easy to clean w/a 3M pad and it will stay warmer.
A roman tub is certainly not what I want. But you're saying you actually purchased a regular tub from them?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 02, 2012 8:30 am

simpsca wrote:If porcelain tubs are aywhere it's on Ninos Heroes where there are lots of plumbing supply stores.

Yes, and I've looked in every shop on that street, and more. No bathtubs; nothing in a bathtub size.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 am

It takes more than just looking; you have to ask and look at catalogs and brochures.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Well, thanks, David, for that blinding flash of the obvious. One wonders how I ever got to be the age I am without you.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 pm

ROFLMAO.
Helperguy: I'd go with the "ask Tio Sams" route. They were very helpful during our kitchen remodel.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Well, thanks, David, for that blinding flash of the obvious. One wonders how I ever got to be the age I am without you.

Maybe you can hire David as your Life Coach............jajajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks, gang. I will try Tio Sam. I'm surprised, because I've never been impressed on other occasions I visited there for things, but I will definitely ask. Oh, wait, am I supposed to ask, or just look in the door...?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Ask your Life Coach......... Very Happy
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed May 02, 2012 2:10 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Thanks, gang. I will try Tio Sam. I'm surprised, because I've never been impressed on other occasions I visited there for things, but I will definitely ask. Oh, wait, am I supposed to ask, or just look in the door...?

Okay, comedian..........you see the lady who runs the joint. You go ask her if she can order what you want. Now have a beer.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 4:18 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Well, thanks, David, for that blinding flash of the obvious. One wonders how I ever got to be the age I am without you.

This one wonders why you can't find a tub in the 2nd largest city in this country.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed May 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Surtidor in Guadalajara...google it. Tio sams?? hehe
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu May 03, 2012 12:20 am

http://www.elsurtidor.com/elsurtidor/

We go to the gonzalez gallo store.

http://www.elsurtidor.com/esurtidor/index.php?cPath=93_96

Don't say I never did anything for you :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu May 03, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks, Chapalagringa. We were there. While those tubs look good on the website, they are all fitted for spa use with jet holes and the like. At the "proper" tub size, the interior is quite tiny, because the sides bulge inwards to accept all the connections. We looked at their catalogues and displays; there are stores on Ninos Heroes that sell some of the same, and these we got into. Just not right.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next