INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NETFLIX

4 posters

Go down

NETFLIX Empty NETFLIX

Post by brercottage385 Sun May 06, 2012 11:36 pm

I have read the postingfrom from September 2011 and am wondering if any one has made any progress Lakeside with using NETFLIX streaming (English - no sub-titles) down there. I have been using it without issues here NOB and would like to continue once Lakeside. Thanks for your consideration.

brercottage385

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by hockables Sun May 06, 2012 11:47 pm

I use Netflix without any problems at all ( San Juan Cosalla )

but

I understand there are areas around the lake that don't have the required data speed
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Netflix, subtitles and all, does work here. Requires some extra equipment.

We are enjoying it. Data speed: Central Ajijic.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon May 07, 2012 12:00 am

gringal wrote:Netflix, subtitles and all, does work here. Requires some extra equipment.

We are enjoying it. Data speed: Central Ajijic.

We just finished the series Lillyhammer.... that just cracked me up...lol

but I'm a huge Sopranos Fan
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 07, 2012 8:26 am

Try "Breaking Bad" series.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by papirex Mon May 07, 2012 11:01 am

I don't live in the Chapala area, however, I have been using Netflix for a couple of years here in Cuernavaca, Morelos. It is the best $19 US Bucks per month that I have ever spent. With some programs, there are sub-titles offered, but you may opt not to see them.

There are issues in some areas with Internet speed, etc. I use a high speed cable Internet connection. It is very reliable here, better than anything the phone company has. I haven't bought a DVD in the past few years, if you are a native English speaker in a Spanish speaking home, it is nice to watch a movie in English sometimes.

Our TV is usually set for the Spanish language. I watch Netflix and DVDs on my laptop, on a Table-Mate TV table in front of me in our living room. I use ear buds so it doesn't disturb the rest of the family.

Incidentally, if you plan to watch many DVDs here, it is a good idea to get rid of your DVD player and buy a multi-region player down here. Many of the DVDs sold here are formatted for region 4 or 1. Region 4 is Mexico and the Caribbean, region 1 is The US and Canada. Many of the DVDs sold here are formatted for region 4 and another region, not always region 1. They will not play in a US DVD player. There are some work-a rounds for that problem, that I won't go into here. You must check on the label to see what audible languages and subtitles are on the disk. There are no standards for the disk labels, so it is sometimes difficult to find what languages are on the disk.

I have installed a paid region free program on my computers, so I can watch a DVD formatted for any region on any of my computers. Many Mexican hotels are very nice, and at a low cost, but some of them do not have a TV in every room. I have always carried my Laptop And a few DVDs when we travel, so we can always watch a DVD if we want to.

I have always been able to buy non-pirated, legal DVDs at lower prices than in The US at any of the Sanborns department stores, Not always, but I always look.

This is starting to drift, Netflix is very good if it will work in your area.

Rex
papirex
papirex

Back to top Go down

Post by brercottage385 Tue May 08, 2012 11:21 am

Many thanks to you all for your comments!

brercottage385

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down