INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jin Peng, China fast food

+5
johninajijic
hockables
CanuckBob
gringal
Chico
9 posters

Go down

Jin Peng, China fast food Empty Jin Peng, China fast food

Post by Chico Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:53 pm

After hearing it berated on TOB with nary a positive comment, decided to check it out for myself today as I had a yen (get it?) for some Chinese.

Not wonderful, but certainly not terrible. I will go back, as the next best Chinese food is at China Inn in Joco, 15 miles away. Foods are in steamers and you pick what you want and the choices change daily. I did not enjoy the spring rolls. Too much breading and too little filling. Everything else was pretty good. The best part is that if you are in a hurry and yen for Chinese, this is the go to place, as there is no wait. Pick out what you want and eat it in the beautiful covered surroundings of the Centro Laguna Mall or take it para llevar. Never really walked around Centro Laguna until today. It is truly beautiful and an asset to our community. Sad that it is so bereft of occupants. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Jin Peng, China fast food Empty Re: Jin Peng, China fast food

Post by gringal Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Well, I'll berate it on this board, so we'll have balance.
IMO: Terrible, very salty, pieces of mystery substance (gristle, bone) in the chicken and nothing IMO to recommend it.
But, if it's your cuppa.............enjoy.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 pm

gringal wrote:Well, I'll berate it on this board, so we'll have balance.
IMO: Terrible, very salty, pieces of mystery substance (gristle, bone) in the chicken and nothing IMO to recommend it.

I well remember your posts on TOB identical to this post. One of the reasons I chose to try it out and post my disagreement with you. I had zero of your stated experiences and uncertain as to why you would choose to bash a struggling restaurant on two different webboards. Just guess it is your cuppa........enjoy. Chico.

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Maybe they are stuggling because it isn't very good? Just saying.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Chico wrote:

I well remember your posts on TOB identical to this post. One of the reasons I chose to try it out and post my disagreement with you. I had zero of your stated experiences and uncertain as to why you would choose to bash a struggling restaurant on two different webboards. Just guess it is your cuppa........enjoy. Chico.

couldn't post retort on the other board because U been punted ( repeatedly ) awe shit... that almost makes ?U normal in present company... cast a line... see what bites.....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 pm

If you want good Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls go to Simply Thai, none better. If you want Tempura Shrimp or Tempura Platter, go to Rickis, NONE better in Ajijic. All cooked to order, the way it should be. China Inn cannot compare to the other two above and who likes driving there sitting on the roadway eating exhaust fumes at China Inn including mediocre food. Not me.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:50 am

We had take-out from Simply Thai, Chicken & Mushrooms, great, and everything went down-hill from there. Spring roll wrapping tasted like puff pastry (sweet instead of savory) and the rest was just forgettable, according to our taste and we thought rather pricey as this type of food has a rather long shelf life, “What you don’t sell today will probably be better tomorrow.”.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:28 am

We have a T Fal Majiclean countertop deep fryer. I think it was $60. Usually twice a month we go tempura nuts. So much fun. Kaki oysters (panko encrusted deep fried) anyone - yum. We get the prep done and the batter happening, then just enjoy with friends in the cucina. Homemade springrolls - to die for.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:54 am

There is a Korean Lady who makes spring rolls and other incredibly great tasting food and sells it a the Monday Market in The Hole In One. She sells out every Monday so get there early. CBob tried the somosa last week and loved it.
Thumbs up
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 am

[quote="Chico"]

I'm SOOO honored that you read my posts on TOB and remember them well. Enjoy your window of opportunity here. Do you also remember the posts where I give high praise to a new place that serves good food? HAH.

Let me be very clear: I'm not a charitable institution that takes in stray eateries to help their struggle. My purpose in writing anything about one is to (a) give credit where credit it due if they're good or (b) describe my disappointment , and exactly WHY, when I don't think they're worth wasting money on. I am more concerned with saving others their hard earned dining out money. That's "my cuppa".

If your purpose in making dumb observations like the one above is to look for a reason to get into an argument with me..you will be disappointed. IMO, you're a troll.
Shit stirring

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Thought the best way to handle suspected trolls was to ignore them. That is what I do. Sorry, we disagree on Jin Peng. Had no idea that it would upset you to this point and you would resort to name calling. I would write more, but right now am enjoying an early dinner at Lake Taco on the upper smoking pavilion and the view is fantastic. Thank you for help making this possible for us smokers. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:42 pm

[url=Jin Peng, China fast food Smiley-sport041]
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:09 pm

hockables wrote:[url=Jin Peng, China fast food Smiley-sport041]

OK, yes you are funny. This one made me laugh. At least you are not a grumpy senior citizen who demands their way or the highway. chico.

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:43 pm

borderreiver wrote:We have a T Fal Majiclean countertop deep fryer. I think it was $60. Usually twice a month we go tempura nuts. So much fun. Kaki oysters (panko encrusted deep fried) anyone - yum. We get the prep done and the batter happening, then just enjoy with friends in the cucina. Homemade springrolls - to die for.

Would it be too much to ask for your tempura batter recipe? We love it, and we love Rikki's but it never turns out for us at home. My husband is a Brit, makes his own chips, fries up a storm and we have a deep fryer, and a thermometer, BUT the one tricky thing is that tempura batter, never ever comes out right. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:48 pm

foodnetwork.com/tempura batter. I use club soda and don't over mix. I think if you over mix it warms up too much. It's gotta be COLD.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down