INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Question with Interesting Answer

+13
hockables
slainte39
E-raq
Parker
gringal
David
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
viajero
Axixic
Chico
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Interesting Question with Interesting Answer - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting Question with Interesting Answer

Post by gringal Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:50 pm

I think we could drop the phrase "blame the victim" into the same garbage bucket as "politically correct" (a phrase which originated in early Communist China and SOMEHOW morphed into meaning anything but the original one)

Let's talk about unfortunate choices, perhaps based on forgetting that things just aren't what the used to be, no matter how much we'd like it to be otherwise.
When I was a young woman, I walked after dark through one of the most crime ridden areas in San Francisco in order to get to the local library. No problems. No way would I do that today. Times have changed, as has my judgment.

The bad stuff could happen to any of us. Walking the dog after dark in poorly lit streets, for instance. Going to a restaurant on foot at a time when we know it will be quite late.......and plenty dark, when we leave. I really don't think a group parked in front of Hacienda Ajijic counts in terms of this issue.

Things have changed and all of us need to examine our habits and perhaps alter some of them to suit the times.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Interesting Question with Interesting Answer - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting Question with Interesting Answer

Post by Chico Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Glad to see you have stopped banging yourself in the head. It could cause brain damage. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Chico wrote:Parker, what you are saying is the equivalent to women who dress in tight clothes and mini skirts are asking to be raped.

If a man was to wear a lot of gold jewelry (chains, bracelet, Rolex watch etc.), and went "walking after dark", would you give him the same "pass"? scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Wouldn't be much profit in robbing a man wearing a Timex in torn pants, would it? C'mon.......people who rob people are looking for good marks.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:42 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Chico wrote:Parker, what you are saying is the equivalent to women who dress in tight clothes and mini skirts are asking to be raped.

If a man was to wear a lot of gold jewelry (chains, bracelet, Rolex watch etc.), and went "walking after dark", would you give him the same "pass"? scratch

Yes, I would. No one deserves to be a victim, no matter their choices. Absolutely no one. Certainly, there are things that each of us can do to take precautions from potential violence, and some of us do. Walk down the street flashing diamonds, Rolexes and money, is not a wise decision, but it in no way negates anyone's right to do so without having a violent act committed upon them because they were "asking for it". Leaving your home unlocked, leaving your car unlocked, etc. Are these people "asking for it"?

We all know that the criminal is to blame, but let us cut some slack for the unfortunate victims who did not make the same decision as some of us might have. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Chico wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

Yes, I would. No one deserves to be a victim, no matter their choices. Absolutely no one. Certainly, there are things that each of us can do to take precautions from potential violence, and some of us do. Walk down the street flashing diamonds, Rolexes and money, is not a wise decision, but it in no way negates anyone's right to do so without having a violent act committed upon them because they were "asking for it". Leaving your home unlocked, leaving your car unlocked, etc. Are these people "asking for it"?

We all know that the criminal is to blame, but let us cut some slack for the unfortunate victims who did not make the same decision as some of us might have. chico

Delusional or A Stupid Ass

If someone is walking down the street, day or night , wearing a few thousand dollars of " trinkets " in a neighborhood were the average person could earn 5% of that in a month...
add to that.... crime is a known factor....

which is it? Delusional or Stupid Ass

YEAH.... They ARE asking for it!!

Anyone want to feel sorry for them.... should get their Jewelry On and go for a Walk With Them...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:02 pm

hockables - Totally agree especially in a poor foreign country. Chico's posts make no sense. Some people try to justify anything.

No different than being robbed, then crying about it because you were stupid enough to leave the windows unlocked or open or your front door or your gate unlocked.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:11 pm

It doesn't have to be Foreign Anything.... it's Commom Sense...

New York, Dallas, Toronto, Moose Jaw Saskatchewan all have neighborhoods where you don't prance around with expensive things " look at me ".

sorry... that goes for Gals in Rubberband Miniskirts as well... ( Guys in San Fransisco )

There are bad people out there, that do bad things to others...
and they don't give a shit if you like it or not!!

Didn't your Momma teach you anything?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:37 am

Chico wrote:Parker, what you are saying is the equivalent to women who dress in tight clothes and mini skirts are asking to be raped. Sorry, but we disagree. A victim is a victim and predators are predators and they are all looking for the weakest victim. Bad choices may be made, but no one deserves nor is asking to be a victim. I find your post to also be more than a little contradictory of itself and the idea that you would toss "politically correct' into this topic is mindblowing.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I 100% disagree with everything you have written. chico

Parker wrote; Now to tackle the very “Political Correct” issues “blaming the victims”. No matter how you make a statement that might even closely denigrating the victims you’re going to come out as the “Bad Guy”, when one is really trying to say is perhaps the victims could have made better choices. We all know without question that the fault lies totally with the perpetrator, not even a question to be asked, but then how is one to express that perhaps the victims could have made better choices? Somewhere this has become a “buzz phrase” and totally eliminates a very important discussion of being aware, shown by example.

P.S. I can only hope that during my lifetime we can get-over all this “Political Correct” bull-shit and talk straight on straight with one another.

Here is my statement and the bold highlight addresses your issue. It appears you either you don’t read all of the post or you only want to confuse the issue. By not using the “quote” button confusing the issue is so much easier.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by binky Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:24 am

Zed wrote:
[/quote]
You do understand it is not just the bad guys you have to be afraid of at night? Walk by yourself late at night drunk and see who
mugs you. You might find it interesting. At least that is what happens in Ajijic to three of my friends in the last couple of years.
Z[/quote

Where exactly did the muggins occur? I've always walked after dark in Ajijic, coming back from dinner. Of course, right now, with the sun not setting until almost 9PM it's not an issue. But I think you should share your friends' muggings as far as streets, neighborhoods in Ajijic.
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:54 am

Binky, I think his point is WHO not where.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by binky Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:30 am

Trailrunner wrote:Binky, I think his point is WHO not where.

Why would I care WHO mugs me....I'm more concerned about safe/unsafe streets in Ajijic.

Zed: what's the score on this??
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:55 am

Over to you, Zed.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:16 am

binky wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Binky, I think his point is WHO not where.

Why would I care WHO mugs me....I'm more concerned about safe/unsafe streets in Ajijic.

Seems to me like the unsafe streets are wherever the criminals are. Which could be anywhere.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:32 am

Trailrunner wrote:Over to you, Zed.

No I can't. Think about it "WHO" not "where".

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Does anybody know what anybody is saying???

This is like a Abbott & Costello routine.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Yep.
:)
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieL Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:53 pm

slainte39 wrote:Does anybody know what anybody is saying???

This is like a Abbott & Costello routine.

Nope, not me. I am still trying to figure out why John's question was 'an interesting question' .

MaggieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2