INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review

+7
CheenaGringo
viajero
ferret
gringal
binky
Rolly
johninajijic
11 posters

Go down

HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review Empty HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:33 am

On Thursday night, 6 of us from our Bi monthly Dinner group ate at HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place. The restaurant was about half full. Jorge, the owner told us that Wednesday and Thursday are his busiest days. He is considering putting specials on for other days as there is no business except for a few Mexicans on weekends. On Wednesday, all Seafood dishes are $ 99. pesos. On Thursday all Meat is $ 99 pesos. This is a great deal, so patronize Hacienda Ajijic as Jorge is a very hard working young man. They served the tortilla chips with salsa first. They are now using a nice fresh Tortilla chip, non greaseless and very freshly made salsa with no bite to it and the salsa had just come from the fridge. They took our drink orders. Some had Margaritas. Two had wine, both red and white. They said it was good and a decent pour, large glasses about half full, for $ 38. pesos.

We ordered our food. One person ordered the Shrimp Diablo, which you can get in varying degrees of heat. He ordered it mild and said the meal was very good. It comes with rice and veggies.

Five of us ordered the Filet Mignon. It comes with a choice of sauces: Mushroom, Pepper or Red wine sauce. we all ordered the Mushroom sauce which was very good with huge chunks of mushrooms. You can get a choice of Baked Potato with/without Sour Cream, Veggies or Fettucine as a side. Some chose the Baked Potato, others the Fettucine. I chose the Baked Potato and Veggies which were hard as a rock. I ate the carrots, but the broccoli was hard as a rock. We all agreed that the Filet Mignon was very large, very tasty, tender and cooked to perfection. Service at Hacienda is always excellent.

Hacienda Ajijic Steak Place
Carretera # 268 - 7 - West Ajijic
766 4906

Food: Excellent----Portion Size: Excellent----Service: Excellent----Cleanliness: Excellent.

The Restaurant Swarming Group should go here on Wednesday or Thursday for their specials. I think if you ask Jorge, he might offer "both" specials on the same day.

Next restaurant review will be TONY'S restaurant.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review Empty Re: HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review

Post by Rolly Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 am

...there is no business except for a few Mexicans on weekends.
(emphasis added)
John, you are so tone deft. Or is it just open prejudice?
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by binky Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:33 am

In fairness to John, I think he's just repeating what the owner told him. Plus I don't think it's discriminatory to state a fact.

Example: I think Ajijic Tango, Nueva Posada and Los Telares get a lot of Mexcian clientele on the weekends.

Is your problem that you perceive that I'm being prejudical by making this statement, because I'm 'assigning' heritage to someone? I not only have eyes, but I have ears. And I've lived here long enough (10 years) to usually (not always) figure out if someone is a native Spanish speaker or not. Yes, I could be wrong; perhaps all the Spanish speaking families I see at comida at Tango and Los Telares every Sunday are indeed from Barcelona or Puerto Rico, but the odds are in my favor that they are indeed Mexicans.

Again, it's not failproof, but I don't think it's racial (fyi: I'm a card carrying member of ACLU, or was, haven't paid my dues recently).
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:10 pm

I agree with Binky that there is nothing inherently pejorative here. What's negative about being perceived as a Mexican in Mexico? The owner, who gave that opinion to John, was stating his observation, just as we notice groups of Mexican families (speaking Spanish) at Tango on weekends.
Let's beat up on John for his pedestrian taste in food, instead......or something.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Rolly wrote:...there is no business except for a few Mexicans on weekends.
(emphasis added)
John, you are so tone deft. Or is it just open prejudice?

I put a nice restaurant review on here about Hacienda Ajijic, then some total jerk has to turn it into crap. I don't like being insulted, do you? Are you going to start picking on me now? I think you have a serious problem (maybe go back on your meds) or are you just an old cranky fart with nothing to do?

YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY.

binky - Thank you very much for your post. I "repeated" exactly what Jorge, the owner told me in English and he probably speaks better English than most of us. He's a real classy person unlike some of the posters here.

Last edited by johninajijic on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm posting this in the hope that the owner of the Hacienda Ajijic gets the information.
We like your restaurant but you have a relatively new and overly friendly waiter. He was there in the first week in March and is a little older than your normal staff. We come to dine at your restaurant in privacy and obscurity...we do not go to answer questions from a waiter or converse with him. He is not discreetly offering service...he is in your face.
We have stopped going for that reason.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 pm

A little off topic but I have a question:which is correct,Mexican or mexican,Canadian or canadian,Russian or russian,is it correct to capitalize the first letter or not?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:48 pm

That's true, Ferret............there's pleasant and helpful service and there's "in your face" from the waiter, the owner sometimes, and in a shop......the employee.
"Can I help you"? "NO, DAMMIT, GO AWAY UNTIL ASK FOR HELP" is what I'm thinking. How 'bout you?

Then there's the opposite. You really need to pay your bill and leave, but the waiter can manage a 360 head turn without ever focusing on you and your little fingers asking for him or her.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:56 pm

viajero...in the English language the first letter of a country, language or its people is usually capitalized. I believe that is not true in the Spanish language.

gringal...guess it depends on the waiter or shop employee and whether they have been professionally trained. I have learned, in Mexico, to ask for the bill early but I sometines still end up going searching, money in hand, to pay the bill.
Frustrating.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:04 pm

I always ask for the bill when dessert is served.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Good plan, Rolly......but we never order dessert, so we're on our own when the main course is over.
Speaking of getting your bill and outta there........the new (and excellent) Baya Bistro (on the Carreterra, across from the Superlake center) has an interesting system. When you order, they give you a rock with your number on it. Sign over the register says "bring rock to pay bill."
Now, I know this isn't the way it works in a fancy joint..........but I kinda like the rock system.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Do they play "Rock Around the Clock" a '50s hit by Bill Haley and the Comets
Listen here.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm

And if the rock is wet on the top, you know it is raining!

[img]HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review Weathe10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Love the rock idea.
In the Italian restaurant opposite the Hacienda Ajijic, they have adopted a similar idea but it is to flag the waiter that you need attention. It's sort of a wooden dumbell (sp) that is green at one end and red at the other. Green side up means everything is AOK...red side up means "you want the bill" or "you want whatever"...worked like a charm.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:21 pm

ferret wrote:Love the rock idea.
In the Italian restaurant opposite the Hacienda Ajijic, they have adopted a similar idea but it is to flag the waiter that you need attention. It's sort of a wooden dumbell (sp) that is green at one end and red at the other. Green side up means everything is AOK...red side up means "you want the bill" or "you want whatever"...worked like a charm.

I thought they were the colors of Italy??

Good Food & Service there as well!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Yes indeed, and excellent homemade pasta to boot. The best lakeside IMHO.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Rock on!
flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm

I thought it was a Brazilian thing...
green...your in the salad phase of the meal
red...bring on the meat on the sword

I know... it's not a Brazilian restaurant, so you are probably right.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Rolly, Rolly, Rolly,
"Rock around the Clock" was the first 45 I ever owned. I was in this TV appliance kind of store and there was this spinning display rack full of 45's. I was 5 and I had to have it, pestered dear old dad 'til he forked over the cash. I must have seen him on Ed's show (we were allowed to stay up for that - the weekly TV treat). Do you recall what was on the "B" side ? I'm lazy. I could look it up. My next purchase was Rudi Valli (sic). Thanks Rolly. I'm goona make this a new (uplifting) topic.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down