INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOUND PET

5 posters

Go down

FOUND PET Empty FOUND PET

Post by itsme Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:24 pm

I really don't wish to put this in the animal forum as many people do not even look at it. Myself included most of the time.

Between 4 - 4:30 2 young women ran across the carretara in front of Walmart. Running right behind them was a little white fluff who I thought belonged to them. They got on the bus, however, leaving the little white fluff behind, who was almost run over by that bus.

This little girl is a poodle/bishon frieze type, small, maybe 5-7 pounds, very clean and very docile. She has one eye a bit smaller and pink skin around it. No discharge, clean ears. She actually looks like a little teddy bear and I don't believe she is a year old yet. I picked her up, no struggle there and put her in the car before she was run over. She sat very quietly, not afraid, just accepting while we drove to my friend's house. She is young, no fleas, and quiet. It is very possible she jumped out of a car in the Walmart lot. She is "visiting" with a friend right now in the hopes her family will be found. If that does not happen, she will be available for adoption.

Please, if you have any idea where she lives, let me know. Failing that, please put the word out to everyone you know who may want to adopt a little lappy girl.

Thanks everybody.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

FOUND PET Empty Re: FOUND PET

Post by itsme Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:39 am

BUMP

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 am

HALP.........MORPHING ALERT

This is the same reason given on TOB for putting animal issues on another site.
I remember the one where the poster said that putting things on the most read forum might cause someone who otherwise wouldn't have thought of getting a pet to suddenly decide to adopt one. C'mon. Does that really make sense?

I'm all in favor of animals finding homes, but one dog is no more worthy of a home than another and I hope CBOB doesn't let this site turn into another version of TOB..............please.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:56 am

So make a sticky at the top of Mirador just for dogs and cats. Yes I know there is Paws Claws and Fins, I agree every lost and found dog and cat would overrun the Mirador. I agree with Gringal. I too get sick of all the same people going on and on about the same issues when someone needs to give up a pet or cat vs dog. I hope Bob will at least think about a different solution so the Mirador doesn't go to the cats and dogs..

Last edited by espíritu del lago on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mind faster than fingers)
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:19 am

As you suggested there is always a chance that this dog has a good home and just wondered to far and got lost. It's also important to put up pictures at the local grocery stores, animal shelter etc. just in case the owners are desperately looking for their dog.

And of course not everyone especially the Spanish speaking community checks out the English language forums.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Pete:

While you suggested putting up pictures at the local grocery store, animal shelter, etc - how about posting a photo on this forum? Seems to me that it might increase the chances that someone might recognize this animal.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Good idea. And in the proper place CBOB supplied for such things.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Good idea Neil and Gringal. Pictures make such a difference. And if you forgot how, check out the instructions on TOB or ask any of your grandchildren, if they are over 12 and have a cell phone, and they will tell you how :) Really, it's so simple that it can be done in a flash. Yes a Flash :)

And if you don't remember how, learn how to do it, it's real easy, so your younger grandchildren will be impressed when visiting your facebook account.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Pete:

With the average age on this forum being what it is - we should be older and wiser and therefore smart enough not to post anything on Facebook!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:57 pm

I was joking about Facebook.

But I have no choice, my much, much younger relatives and even their, parents and grandparents like me in the greater Seattle area all have Facebook accounts. To include some of my mid-age relatives who work for some of the local techie companies. Perhaps half of my relatives here in the greater Seattle area who are about 70 also have Facebook accounts. Not necessarily because they/we want them, but to keep up with their/our more distant relatives. And in our case, it’s brought contact with some of our slightly distant relatives, who we no longer knew how to contact. And we are soon having a get-together.

How old do you have to be to join Facebook? Well you are supposed to be at least 13, but many 10, 11, & 12 year olds also have accounts.

Just like anywhere on the internet, to include here, we are just very careful what we post. And honestly don't always read all of the posts made by our younger relatives. Really, Facebook is only as dangerous as what you post. It’s the same as what applies here or on any other forum. You just don’t give out to much personal information.

Although my Facebook account has quite a few posts each day, I spend as little time there as necessary, but it is a great method to keep in contact with many of my relatives. I spend much more time here
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down