INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eyeglasses

+14
CanuckBob
johninajijic
Chico
merry
CheenaGringo
David
ferret
gringal
gatosigi
hockables
simpsca
Trailrunner
Big Daddy Mexico
Axixic
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Eyeglasses - Page 3 Empty Re: Eyeglasses

Post by simpsca Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:37 pm

I used Pinto once with a prescription made my my eye doctor in Guadalajara. Got one pair from the doctor where were perfect. Took the same prescription to Pinto and one eye's focal point was not correct so couldn't read with them since each eye has a different focal point. So I agree that LCS would be a better place, although I now have all my eyeglasses made by the doc in Guadalajara because he gets it right every time. I have a very difficult prescription and even in the US it was correct only half the time.

simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Axixic:

I take it that you didn't get the Drivewear lenses? I recently had to get new glasses and had my heart set on Drivewear lenses until Costco showed me samples of all the Transition lenses and I saw that the Drivewear never reached a stage where I would have been comfortable wearing them inside - just stayed too dark. Since I am not into having a belt holster to handle various glasses, I went with the standard gray lenses.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:03 pm

K2tog wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I know this is an old thread but is Dr. Pinto in Riberas still the "go to guy" for eyeglasses locally?
I used to agree with you CanuckBob, but not anymore...my husband and I have both used him in the past and the last time I had my eyes examined, by him, and had new glasses made he totally forgot to put in the script for distance...I have worn progressive lenses for years and he has made several of those for me. So my question is how do you forget a correction for 1/3 of the progressive lenses?

I went back, had to wait a week for new glasses to be made and will not go back again. Just my opinion, but felt I needed to share it. Also, when his wife is not there, the people who "fit the glasses" and measure for the center of your pupil, don't really know what they are doing. I am not a satisfied customer, so I'm voting w/ my wallet.

since Dr. Pinto is now divorced from his wife who use to work there.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Dr. Pinto is still a great resource, when you have an emergency, like a foreign object in your eye. Over the past year I called him twice, and he met me at his office, after hours, problem solved!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3