INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet?

+17
gatosigi
jackak10
espíritu del lago
mattoleriver
LMarkoya
Zedinmexico
gringal
Ezzie
hockables
Axixic
MexicoPete
Mainecoons
angela04101
ferret
Big Daddy Mexico
CanuckBob
johninajijic
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet? Empty Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet?

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:27 am

Do you have an iPad or similar tablet? If so, what brand and how do you like it?

If you have an iPad, what model do you have, the original or iPad2 or the NEW iPad (generation 3)?

I am thinking of buying one either here at Best Buy or in the US.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet? Empty Re: Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet?

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:30 am

I have an HP Touchpad. If I were to buy another I would get an Ipad 3.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet? Empty Re: Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet?

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 am

I have had the ipad2 for almost one year now and our whole family loves it. My 4 year old uses it the most. I bought it through telmex over 12 equal payments with no interest.

I will be buying the ipad3 when this one is paid off.

I have had no problems with it and the support from apple is great.
FYI Surte
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 am

We have the Ipad3 (new ipad) and bought it from the Imac store in the Gallerias Mall. Telmex was/is out of stock and doesn't know when their order will be filled.
At the present time, we are having a Love/Hate relationship with the Ipad...that too shall pass.
BTW, we got the 64 Gig with WIFI only.
Now, I need a cover for it...and patience...lots of patience.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by angela04101 Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:47 am

I love my iPad2 and use it instead of my iMac most of the time. If money's an issue, I've had good luck buying refurbished products from Apple. I chose an iPad without wifi and use my iPhone as a wifi base station for my iPad, works great.

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 am

angela04101 - Welcome to the best Forum!!!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:12 am

My wife has an IPad3 and she loves it. I don't, requires too much manual dexterity.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 am

I have an iPhone 4, and the new iPad. Thinking about picking up an Apple TV, they're only $99 US plus tax. And don't ask me how large the screen is on my Apple TV Very Happy
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am

MexicoPete wrote:I have an iPhone 4, and the new iPad. Thinking about picking up an Apple TV, they're only $99 US plus tax. And don't ask me how large the screen is on my Apple TV Very Happy

Keep on buying so my Apple stock will go up.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:00 am

That's the one thing about apple. Their products "aint" cheap.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:26 am

I have a Blackberry Playbook (stop laughing!)

It made sense to me at the time since I use a Blackberry Torch as my cell/PDA and the two can be bridged together. Nowhere near the variety of applications for the device that are available for the Apple or other tablets though.

That said - the Playbook's screen is very good and its still and video cameras are excellent. And with all of RIM's recent woes Playbooks have become very reasonably priced (though I bought mine before they started all the discounting.)
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:53 am

RIMM's (Blackberry) stock when down the toilet. I have a friend who believed in it and lost tens of thousands of $$$. Could even be over $ 100,000 K.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:01 pm

RIM (One M - Stands for 'Research In Motion') is circling the bowl.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:31 pm

might be a good stock to buy now... worth more dead than alive...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:48 pm

We have both an iPad2 and a Playbook (tethered to a Blackberry). I prefer the Playbook as a travel companion for email, taking photos and as a video player due to it's smaller size. The iPad is preferred for general surfing and music type stuff around the home.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:19 pm

hockables wrote:might be a good stock to buy now... worth more dead than alive...

When the slide started I had similar thoughts. Might be a good takeover candidate, owns a lot of really good patents, etc. But as time has gone on there just doesn't appear to be anyone to make a takeover bid. Nokia is closely behind RIM in the bowl, Samsung has its own woes right now, Microsoft just released their own tablet and wouldn't want to compete with themselves, Google took a pass. Add into the mix the problems that will likely crop up from the Canadian regulators when a foreign firm tries to buy RIM and it just doesn't look like their will be any viable suitors.

So the stock keeps falling and falling... I haven't looked at the numbers but they must be getting down past the book value point by now. How the mighty have fallen.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't make a purchase when I was considering it.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Once the 800 lb. gorilla entered the fray.....it doesn't look good for the rest.
Philosopher say: "Don't try to catch falling sword".

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:54 pm

The RIM Blackberry is kinda the last of the old school shrunken down electronic
device. Keyboard screen just like a PC. The apple/android stuff is all about touch,
swipe and other impossible things for my hands. Look at who uses a Blackberry
and who uses apples/android stuff. I can imagine a RIM meeting where the
marketing/executive team is hearing the latest bad news about how old the
average age of a Blackberry user is. Yes I see alot of new stuff around here but
you folks already know we are not normal anyways or we wouldn't be here.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by LMarkoya Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:30 pm

I bought the orig. iPad for my wife and when the latest came out she bought it and I inherited the orig. I like it, not love it, great almost incredible for books and magazines, super to carry music and photos, but I like my laptop much more for web.....thevipad is just a slightly awkward convenience as its easier to travel with than a MacBook pro
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:43 pm

I'm thinking about a tablet too. Right now, never having used one, I'm thinking WIFI only would be my best choice. Should a lack of 3G/4G connectivity be a deal breaker?

George
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:58 am

No. I chose not to get a SIM card either. There is so much free WiFi around.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:19 am

I would get one that has the 4G capability. You don't have to activate it but you may find that you want to down the road. I agree there is WIFI everywhere however I also find a lot of the smaller restaurants and bars down here don't seem to have it (or at least they aren't handing out their passwords). And it is helpful if you want to use your tablet for information or as a GPS out on the road.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:05 am

Handing out password. That's the issue here in my world I purchased mifi. That combined with my phone data package gives me 7 lb or whatever it's called. Try as I might I still have yet to use all my data. Plus side is mifi is road ready and 4g. Of course unless you are state side I don't think it works in Mexico. Do know Verizon talks of maybe having cell service in Mexico but I don't know if they do or don't. I just buy a cheaply when in paradise..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:10 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Handing out password. That's the issue here in my world I purchased mifi. That combined with my phone data package gives me 7 lb or whatever it's called. Try as I might I still have yet to use all my data. Plus side is mifi is road ready and 4g. Of course unless you are state side I don't think it works in Mexico. Do know Verizon talks of maybe having cell service in Mexico but I don't know if they do or don't. I just buy a cheaply when in paradise..
Uh oh. Here comes the grammar police.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:25 am

they'll get over it...I did Was on phone and in a hurry...
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next