INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS

+5
gringal
viajero
CanuckBob
merry
johninajijic
9 posters

Go down

NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS Empty NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS

Post by johninajijic Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:46 pm

There is a new pet Airline policy made by Mexican Lawmakers that says you cannot bring any pet into Mexico in the cabin. They must be in the cargo hold. The US Airlines are following this for flights to Mexico.

Just another way Mexico shoots itself in the foot on Tourism and ex pats coming here. Way to go dumb asses.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS Empty Re: NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS

Post by merry Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:57 pm

johninajijic wrote:There is a new pet Airline policy made by Mexican Lawmakers that says you cannot bring any pet into Mexico in the cabin. They must be in the cargo hold. The US Airlines are following this for flights to Mexico.

Just another way Mexico shoots itself in the foot on Tourism and ex pats coming here. Way to go dumb asses.

John, do you have a source for this?

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS Empty Re: NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS

Post by johninajijic Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:04 pm

merry wrote:
johninajijic wrote:There is a new pet Airline policy made by Mexican Lawmakers that says you cannot bring any pet into Mexico in the cabin. They must be in the cargo hold. The US Airlines are following this for flights to Mexico.

Merry

The source is my friend who has a huge cat. They go back and forth twice a year. His friend called the Airlines and they confirmed it. No news source yet.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:08 pm

It was in the latest GDL Reporter!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:26 pm

johninajijic wrote:

The source is my friend who has a huge cat. They go back and forth twice a year. His friend called the Airlines and they confirmed it. No news source yet.
Huge cats like lions and tigers should never be allowed in the cabin,they should be in the cargo hold with Parker's noisy children.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:33 pm

viajero wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Huge cats like lions and tigers should never be allowed in the cabin,they should be in the cargo hold with Parker's noisy children.

Gotta agree, put those crying and annoying little bastards in cargo with the rest of the animals!!! ROTFLMFAO

Maybe they'll need a "Thunderjacket" too!

Last edited by johninajijic on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:34 pm

viajero wrote:
johninajijic wrote:The source is my friend who has a huge cat. They go back and forth twice a year. His friend called the Airlines and they confirmed it. No news source yet.

Parker's noisy children are allowed in the cabin, but it's okay I have earplugs to distribute to everyone.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:42 pm

TOB has a long, long thread on the subject. According to that......the law has been around since 2007 but not enforced. There is a protest movement afoot as well.

I didn't see any comments on putting the noisy children in the cargo hold, though. Maybe it's because they don't cause allergies....just hissyfits.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:54 pm

gringal wrote: TOB has a long, long thread on the subject. According to that......the law has been around since 2007 but not enforced. There is a protest movement afoot as well.

Oh, 2007, that's a really new law.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:14 pm

New law... old law... don't make no difference a-tall.
The problem, is an interfering government with some semi-literate little paper-pusher Dead Horse located in the bowels of a public building somewhere, who is making the rules for something he knows nothing at all about.

The King steps in a pile of poop and ALL Blackeye dogs will be summarily banned... NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS 868847
no matter that most are well behaved.
It is the way of the bureaucrat... NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:26 pm

From a Michoacán Message Board, I picked up a discussion on this topic. The following website has an extensive discussion:
http://jaltembabaylife.com/blog/2012/06/new-no-pets-in-cabin-policy-for-mexico/.

If one scrolls down towards the bottom, you should find:
"Latest Update:

June 21, 2012 Update – I am absolutely thrilled to share an email I just received from Lic. José Armando Garcia Nuño, Dirección de Política Intersectorial, Dirección General de Planeación Estratégica y Política Sectorial, Secretaria de Turismo (SECTUR). It reads…

Mrs Allyson,

I send an apology for to answer your call and email a little late, however, I am here for talking with you about the animals in the aircraft passenger cabins.

Yesterday, we had a meeting with the Aeronautic Authority on this case for talking about the concern of you visitors by the prohibition of get pets on airplanes.

At the meeting we were able to obtain good news, which I inform you:

• They going to change of the article one hundred seven (107) of the regulations of the law, where the regulation is established on the transportation of animals allowed in the passenger cabins. Today, the Aeronautic Authority has already a proposal for a reform to the article of the rules of which shared and will be analysed.

• The Aeronautic Authority published an official circular where inform about of the current authority decision and where they report the possibility that in the month of September is already counted with this reform allowing, in some way, raise animals to the passenger cabins.

In this moments The law should be applied without exception. But we hope that the reform to law going to ready on September.

Finally, I say today I tried to talk to you by phone but it was not possible.
Best regards.

After receiving this email, I called and spoke with Sr. Garcia directly. He informed me that the document is currently be reviewed and that it should be finalized by next week. He confirmed that the revised policy will allow pets to fly in the cabin on both national and international flights, and that it should be in place by September 2012. He agreed to email a copy to me, which I will post at soon as I receive it.

This is really good news Folks!"

If this post is to be believed, the changes should be implemented by September?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:57 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:From a Michoacán Message Board, I picked up a discussion on this topic. The following website has an extensive discussion:
http://jaltembabaylife.com/blog/2012/06/new-no-pets-in-cabin-policy-for-mexico/.

"Latest Update:

June 21, 2012 Update – I am absolutely thrilled to share an email I just received from Lic. José Armando Garcia Nuño, Dirección de Política Intersectorial, Dirección General de Planeación Estratégica y Política Sectorial, Secretaria de Turismo (SECTUR). It reads…

Mrs Allyson,

I send an apology for to answer your call and email a little late, however, I am here for talking with you about the animals in the aircraft passenger cabins.

Yesterday, we had a meeting with the Aeronautic Authority on this case for talking about the concern of you visitors by the prohibition of get pets on airplanes.

• They going to change of the article one hundred seven (107) of the regulations of the law, where the regulation is established on the transportation of animals allowed in the passenger cabins. Today, the Aeronautic Authority has already a proposal for a reform to the article of the rules of which shared and will be analysed...

This is the head of ONE administrative agency, the Secretary of Tourism, reporting about promised changes at a DIFFERENT administrative agency, the Aeronautic Authority.

It's the cultural equivalent of "mañana."

Merry

Last edited by merry on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shorten the interminably long quote)

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:41 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:From a Michoacán Message Board, I picked up a discussion on this topic. The following website has an extensive discussion:

"Latest Update:

Mrs Allyson,

• They going to change of the article one hundred seven (107) of the regulations of the law, where the regulation is established on the transportation of animals allowed in the passenger cabins. Today, the Aeronautic Authority has already a proposal for a reform to the article of the rules of which shared and will be analysed.

• The Aeronautic Authority published an official circular where inform about of the current authority decision and where they report the possibility that in the month of September is already counted with this reform allowing, in some way, raise animals to the passenger cabins.

In this moments The law should be applied without exception. But we hope that the reform to law going to ready on September.

Finally, I say today I tried to talk to you by phone but it was not possible.
Best regards.

After receiving this email, I called and spoke with Sr. Garcia directly. He informed me that the document is currently be reviewed and that it should be finalized by next week. He confirmed that the revised policy will allow pets to fly in the cabin on both national and international flights, and that it should be in place by September 2012. He agreed to email a copy to me, which I will post at soon as I receive it.

This is really good news Folks!"

Thanks China, you are the master of all things researched.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:12 pm

High compliments to someone I have always thought of as a master baiter. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:24 pm

TRUE STORY... 1970, HOUSTON

There once was a kitty called Master Bates...
who lived next door with a bunch of rakes.

Bates was OK. NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS 169387 Lizzy

bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:26 pm

merry wrote:

Merry

Of course he does. Copied it from TOB and posted it here. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Trains do not allow livestock. Busses do not allow livestock. And now planes do not allow livestock. Long overdue. Think of the hell you non-smokers put us smokers through every time you find a restaurant that allows us smokers to be present on the grounds and how you want us to be banned from the premises. I am delighted that pets are no longer allowed in the confined, recycled air cabin of airlines travelling in or out of Mexico, as I have major allergies to pet dander, as many of you say you do to recycled ciggaro smoke.

Do not mean to offend. Just trying to provide a well needed breath of fresh air to all of us. chico

PS Did I mention that all synthetic fibers that I touch make me break out in a rash?

Did I mention that all natural fibers cause me to sneeze and cough?

Do not even start me on mosquito bites.

Have a good one and stop frowning and start smiling. Very Happy chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Aw... c'mon, Chico..... Not even a leetle bit? Huh? NEW AIRLINE PET POLICY BY MEXICO LAWMAKERS 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down