INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody have contact info for Mrs. Marlowe?

4 posters

Go down

Anybody have contact info for Mrs.  Marlowe? Empty Anybody have contact info for Mrs. Marlowe?

Post by Chico Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:53 pm

She has stopped supplying Superlake and after promises to bring her buttermilk to Prasad, she has not come through. Not sure what is going on, but if I could contact her directly, maybe I could go to where she is located and buy from her. No Marlowe listed in LCS directory. Thanks, chico.

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anybody have contact info for Mrs.  Marlowe? Empty Re: Anybody have contact info for Mrs. Marlowe?

Post by E-raq Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Just ran into Mrs. Marlowe, and probably bought half of what she had for sale. Superlake, NOW.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anybody have contact info for Mrs.  Marlowe? Empty Re: Anybody have contact info for Mrs. Marlowe?

Post by brigitte Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 pm

oops I also bought some maybe Chico is spending too much time asking for it on the Internet instead of checking out the grocery stores.
Saw some buttermilk last week as well.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:58 pm

She was just there an hour ago. . .maybe if you hurry, Chico. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Actually, got the last two at Superlake a few days ago and picked up the last four at Prasad this morning. Just wish she could be more reliable, as it is hit and miss at both places. At least now I know who my competition for her goodies are. Have either of you tried her butter and cottage cheese. I have. I thought the butter was beyond wonderful Never had homemade butter in my life, but for 50 pesos for that small container, it will just be a special treat. Cottage cheese was also homemade, which I have never had before, either and very different from regular cottage cheese. What did anyone else think? Am good for buttermilk for a week or so, as I have five quarts sitting in my fridge. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Trailrunner wrote:She was just there an hour ago. . .maybe if you hurry, Chico. . .

You could have called. It is not like you don't have my phone number Anybody have contact info for Mrs.  Marlowe? 18717 chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Hah. Don't eat dairy, it's bad for you.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Hah. Don't eat dairy, it's bad for you.

Don't eat dairy. Don't eat red meat. Don't eat carbs. Don't eat salt. Don't eat sugar. Don't eat sugar substitutes. Don't eat white veggies. Don't grill anything due to possible carcinogenics. And the list is endless.

Pass the hemlock, por favor. Thanks, chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:51 pm

All that from people in their 60´s and 70´s...Must not be that bad.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:53 pm

brigitte wrote:All that from people in their 60´s and 70´s...Must not be that bad.

OK, that was pretty funny. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Chico dear, I hate to burst any bubbles, but I actually, after experimenting with Marlowes butter, prefer Anchor, salted. It may be just a texture thingy but, FWIW. I am a butter lover BTW, and am very picky!!!!
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:37 pm

E-raq wrote:Chico dear, I hate to burst any bubbles, but I actually, after experimenting with Marlowes butter, prefer Anchor, salted. It may be just a texture thingy but, FWIW. I am a butter lover BTW, and am very picky!!!!

E-raq darling, I no longer have any bubbles left to burst. Guess that is why we have over 100 restaurants and about 15 kinds of butter. May we agree that the worst butter on this planet is GLORIA? Gotta run now, my nurse is telling me that is time for my sponge bath. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Chico wrote:
E-raq wrote:Chico dear, I hate to burst any bubbles, but I actually, after experimenting with Marlowes butter, prefer Anchor, salted. It may be just a texture thingy but, FWIW. I am a butter lover BTW, and am very picky!!!!

E-raq darling, I no longer have any bubbles left to burst. Guess that is why we have over 100 restaurants and about 15 kinds of butter. May we agree that the worst butter on this planet is GLORIA? Gotta run now, my nurse is telling me that is time for my sponge bath. chico

Oh that's good chico, let's agree that both of us probably prefer NOB style butter. I tried about 2 mexican style butters, it's so long ago I can't remember their names. After that I made the decision to stick with the New Zealand stuff, or at a pinch what passes for Lurpak. I will economize on other less important ingredients. Lack of appropriate butter in our house is a major emergency!

Marlowes is probably just fine for fish meuniére or baking, is not bad directly out of the fridge, but not good on the counter, although the little tub with a lid is convenient. I do like that.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down