INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing English lady ............................. HELP NEEDED NOW

+7
mielicita
kipissippi
Trailrunner
RoofBob
Ms.Thang
LMarkoya
Flamingo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Missing English lady ............................. HELP NEEDED NOW Empty Missing English lady ............................. HELP NEEDED NOW

Post by Flamingo Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:59 pm

I am posting this for a friend. If you have any information you can PM me or Simca. (providing I can figure out how to collect messages with this new site design)

Wednesday 27 June
HELP! Some of you have read of my poor friend Rosemary who has had mental issues....she has seemed so much better after her stay in the clinic in Guad and getting on the right meds. On Monday we went to Tai Chi lessons, and afterwards I swim, so I asked Rose if she would like to go to the Lake Chapala Society and have a coffee and wait for me. She did. I picked her up an hour and a half later, no problem. Today we did the same thing.....she didn't want to do the Tai Chi but said she'd like to go to the LCS. I dropped her off, went for a swim, returned to find her GONE. In fact, no-one had seen her there at all. She doesn't have her passport, she does have a little money and a paper with her address on it. I drove the streets, talked to the Ajijic Police, came home hoping to find her here. NOT. I have no idea what to do next, except to do a report in Chapala. She may have walked into the lake! Or got in a car with some nutcase, she's borderline psychotic, not violent, just "not with us". She is British, she has about 1,000 pesos in cash, no cards. She is wearing a black workout suit, pants and zip up top, she is slim, blond, 5ft 6", wearing trainers on her feet.

Please look out for her, and please tell me what I can do!
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Missing English lady ............................. HELP NEEDED NOW Empty Re: Missing English lady ............................. HELP NEEDED NOW

Post by LMarkoya Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:14 pm

That sucks...hope she turns up soon safe and sound
Best Wishes
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Missing English lady ............................. HELP NEEDED NOW Empty Re: Missing English lady ............................. HELP NEEDED NOW

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Well, a photo would help. And you can post on facebook in English and Spanish to get exposure in the Mexican community..Chapala Gobierno and Por Una Ribera Sin Violencia get a lot of facebook traffic. You need a flyer, one with less information than the above post.

Talk to taxi drivers, vendors, horse rental guys etc.

Hope she turns up soon.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:50 pm

What are Rosemary's favorite haunts/restaurants? Do you have phone numbers of her friends? A photo would really help. What is her approx. age? Is she physically fit enought to walk to Chapala. How long has she lived lakeside? Does she have a car. Does she have her house key? (Either way can a close neighbor monitor any comings or goings?) I think the clothing will be the biggest clue to a random finding of her. Are there any other details to her dress that you remember? Sorry for all the questions and don't want to put you on the spot but the more we know the better chance we will have of finding her. Oh and BTW, what do we do if we find her? Thanks
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:10 pm

I just spoke to Flamingo, apparently this woman went missing yesterday and has now been gone for about 24 hours.

The friend of hers is out in Roca and currently Flamingo is trying to get more info from her as to what has been done and who has been contacted.

She is not at Cruz Roja.

All good questions RB, working on trying to get some answers.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Now that's damn scary. 24 hours? This is not good. What about having someone go to all of the schools with photos and clothing description? Kids see everything.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Missing for 24 hours? Damn scary is right! We really need a photograph of her. If it helps we are now offering a 500 peso reward to whom ever finds her and returns her to safety.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:42 pm

RoofBob wrote:Missing for 24 hours? Damn scary is right! We really need a photograph of her. If it helps we are now offering a 500 peso reward to whom ever finds her and returns her to safety.

RoofBob, I'll ante up another 500 pesos to the reward...can someone post on TOB as well; in lurking I see that there hasn't been one response to the OP.

Trailrunner, can you or the friend post on FB...as was suggested to Gobierno de Chapala, CSI, and Por Una Ribera Sin Violencia? RB, how can I get the money to you?

Sorry all, I know I'm posting but can't do much right now as workers are here, and things aren't working. You all know the story.

Mielicita

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:51 pm

This is truly tragic. We need a picture and age info, etc. big time. My heart goes out to lost pets, but now we have a lost human, who cannot fend for herself. Much more serious. I hope she is found soon and that she is safe. What great friends she has. chico.

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:57 pm

This missing person notice was originally posted on one board, then copy and pasted to another, and finally to this one. Anything could have happened between postings in the last 24 hours, including that she may have even been found.

I haven't heard back from Flamingo who was to call this reporting party for an update as of about a half hour ago.

Agree a picture is needed, more facts are needed, and some information as to what has already been done - or not done - is needed.

Not much can be done until more information is available, unless you want to go drive around looking for a confused woman in a black jump suit with an accent.

I'll post soon as I hear anything else.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks Trailrunner and if need be I'll drive around looking for a confused and lost woman in a black jump suit tonight. It's not like I'm that busy. Aw cripes, just looked out the window and there are some very serious clouds out to the west.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:05 pm

I just got this from my friend. She has no pictures.
"She has been here 4 months, from the uk. She would never go out, couldn't even shop or look after herself. She has no friends, no haunts, no car, she has just got out of a psychiatric clinic and is classed psychotic/depressive with suicidal tendencies. She lives with us, she was released into my care, she cannot function without a full time care person. She has the house address in her purse, and 500 pesos, no ID, no bank card. She has been without her meds for 24 hours now. She suffers from delusions.

If you find her I think the best thing would be to contact the police or get her to them, then I will come and get her. We had to child lock the back doors of the car so she wouldn't jump out, before we got her to the clinic and into psychiatric care. after a week on meds, she seemed stable enough to be allowed back to live with us ( husband Rick and I) She seemed happy in LCS because everyone speaks English...but I don't think she went in there yesterday.....maybe she got chatted up by some guy and decided to go off with him! Crazy people do crazy things. Also she might have told him about the awful people she was living with who wouldn't let her have her money or passport and kept her captive, and she had just managed to escape from us.

Clothes.....black shiny loose jacket pants, workout type, white scruffy sneakers, carrying yellow jacket, nice haircut, just done, short, blond. Slim, good figure, very thin face, and worried looking.

Thanks for all your great suggestions and help"

And thank you guys for caring
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks for the information and detailed description Flamingo, it helps a lot. I'm fixin' to saddle up and ride but before I do let me make sure I got this right.

If see her I call the Chapala police at 765-4444. Can you PM me your phone number please? Thanks.

RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 pm

So, the woman in Roca has her passport???? If so, ask her to take a digital picture of the picture in the passport and post it here and make a flyer out of it to take to the police, garbage men, taxi guys, CR medics, horse guys in La Floresta, and anyone else who is out and about all the time.

Not sure if the cops are the right people to call, CR would respond and be able to restrain if necessary and humanely transport her to medical facility. Think that would be better.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:48 pm

We're out the door and will call Cruz Roja if we find her. Thanks Trailrunner
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Trailrunner wrote:This missing person notice was originally posted on one board, then copy and pasted to another, and finally to this one. Anything could have happened between postings in the last 24 hours, including that she may have even been found.

I haven't heard back from Flamingo who was to call this reporting party for an update as of about a half hour ago.

Agree a picture is needed, more facts are needed, and some information as to what has already been done - or not done - is needed.

Not much can be done until more information is available, unless you want to go drive around looking for a confused woman in a black jump suit with an accent.

What boards are you referring to? It was just posted on Chapala.com within the last 15 minutes and has so far one response and is not on MexConnect at all. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Chico, I'll let Flamingo respond to your question.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Chico wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:This missing person notice was originally posted on one board, then copy and pasted to another, and finally to this one. Anything could have happened between postings in the last 24 hours, including that she may have even been found.

What boards are you referring to? It was just posted on Chapala.com within the last 15 minutes and has so far one response and is not on MexConnect at all. chico

So perhaps those of you who are able, could post the latest on chap.com and mex connect and maybe the expat forum??? other than those boards, don't know of others, cept the facebook pages i also recommended a few messages ago. I have no access to any of those things/other boards. This is it for me, for the time being. But it is so worrisome, thank god there are caring people out there.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Help me understand. This woman, whom we have no picture of, no name and no age, just a description of the clothing that she was last seen wearing came here from the UK four months ago after getting out of a mental institution where she was diagnosed as paranoid with suicidal tendencies, difficult to communicate with,as she lives in her own private world and then went to live in a private home here in lakeside where she needed full time help due to her mental condition and then was dropped off almost 36 hours ago at LCS and apparently never entered LCS and now we have folks from Chapala out searching for her. Clearly, I am missing something here. Missing English lady ............................. HELP NEEDED NOW 477249 chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:03 pm

I still think pictures at the schools would cover a lot of ground.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Her name is Rosemary
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:27 pm

kipissippi wrote:I still think pictures at the schools would cover a lot of ground.

???????????????? chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Flamingo wrote:Her name is Rosemary

Not a great help. Lots of females in their 50's to 70's are named Rosemary. Is that truly the best and most information you can give us on this person? Are you the friend that dropped her off 36 hours ago only to have her disappear and never enter LCS? If you are not, who is the friend and why is the friend not posting directly on webboards, rather than the posts being labelled "posting for a friend"? Easy as can be for the friend to sign on to any webboard and post first hand information and answer questions, rather than getting all of this second had from " friends". Just a thought. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:45 pm

I just put it on Mexconnect. I still don't have a phone number for her caregiver who posted the allert. Still working on that.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Chico wrote:
Flamingo wrote:Her name is Rosemary

Not a great help. Lots of females in their 50's to 70's are named Rosemary. Is that truly the best and most information you can give us on this person? Are you the friend that dropped her off 36 hours ago only to have her disappear and never enter LCS? If you are not, who is the friend and why is the friend not posting directly on webboards, rather than the posts being labelled "posting for a friend"? Easy as can be for the friend to sign on to any webboard and post first hand information and answer questions, rather than getting all of this second had from " friends". Just a thought. chico

Chico... save your "thoughts" for now. Dead Horse Rolling Eyes you are NOT helping. Missing English lady ............................. HELP NEEDED NOW 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next