INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: compact stereo system with CD & cassette

5 posters

Go down

Wanted: compact stereo system with CD & cassette Empty Wanted: compact stereo system with CD & cassette

Post by Abrria Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

My trusty Panasonic finally bit the dust and this is what I would like to find:

Good, used compact stereo system, hopefully with a 3 CD disc player and would be great if there was a cassette player. I don't need the new ones that have all the IPod, docking capabilities, etc.

Muchas gracias.

Abrria
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Wanted: compact stereo system with CD & cassette Empty Re: Wanted: compact stereo system with CD & cassette

Post by johninajijic Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Abrria wrote:My trusty Panasonic finally bit the dust and this is what I would like to find:

Good, used compact stereo system, hopefully with a 3 CD disc player and would be great if there was a cassette player. I don't need the new ones that have all the IPod, docking capabilities, etc.

Muchas gracias.

If you can't find one here try Barbara's Bazaar. I would strongly suggest buying a new one. They're not that expensive.

Put this in the Wanted section under For Sale/For Rent/Wanted
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Wanted: compact stereo system with CD & cassette Empty Re: Wanted: compact stereo system with CD & cassette

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Are you really suggesting that one should buy a new cassette player, John?

Check out Wikipedia, John. Here are a few quotes

1."The "compact cassette" (a Philips trademark) was introduced by the Philips Corporation in 1963"

2. "From the mid 1970s to the late 1990s the cassette deck was the preferred music source for the automobile. Like an 8-track cartridge."

3. Today "Many blind and elderly people find the newest digital technologies very difficult to use compared to the cassette format. Cassette tapes are not vulnerable to scratching from handling, and play from where they were last stopped. Cassette tapes can also be recorded multiple times."

So yes John, it's still out there and I still have an old player and a few tapes. But with time, magnetic tapes loose their signals, so I would highly recommend you or anyone who has some to convert to digital ASAP.

You can go to say Amazon.com and they still have some for sale for next to nothing.

So tell me, John, what is wrong with a used machine? There are some great deals out there. Or are you “blind and elderly”?

Even I at (I can't remember my age, but my grandson signed me up to this forum and entered it. It's shown under my photo). again even I at my senior age know what I posted above to be true.

(Your friend trying to start a debate) razberry

Pete

El Ruco, de Nacolandia

PS there are some great sources if you go to www.mercadolibre.com.mx/ you can great deals on compact cassette players. You ought to take a look John. There are some fantastic offers. Oh, I forgot, you decided not to learn basic Spanish.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:14 pm

She asked about a CD player, not a cassette player. We had an extra stereo system (Panasonic or Sony) that didn't work. It was a cassette and CD player, so we donated it to the School for th Deaf. There is a little shop across from them that in Riberas that does repairs for them cheap, so they can sell it.

Actually we donated two of these, one was a recent LG (POS) nice looking that worked for less than 2 years, paid $ 2,000 pesos for it. I'm quite sure both units sold quickly.

Reason I said not to buy used is you don't know how used it is. No guarantee. I wouldn't buy most electronics used, unless it was a newer TV and then it won't have the latest improvements.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:47 pm

johninajijic wrote:She asked about a CD player, not a cassette player. ............................................... I wouldn't buy most electronics used, unless it was a newer TV and then it won't have the latest improvements.

John. Don't you read the question before answering? Here is a quote from her post:

Title "Wanted: compact stereo system with CD & cassette".

And she wrote in the contents.

"Good, used compact stereo system, hopefully with a 3 CD disc player and would be great if there was a cassette player"

There is all kinds of good used stuff out there for pennies on the loonie. Oh John, that means dollar in the largest country in North America. I can't remember if I spelled it right). Go to Detroit and ask anyone a little south thereof and they will know what a loonie is. (And how to spell it if I failed. (Hint a twonie is two loonies)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:01 pm

MexicoPete wrote:
johninajijic wrote:She asked about a CD player, not a cassette player. ............................................... I wouldn't buy most electronics used, unless it was a newer TV and then it won't have the latest improvements.

John. Don't you read the question before answering? Here is a quote from her post:

Title "Wanted: compact stereo system with CD & cassette".

And she wrote in the contents.

"Good, used compact stereo system, hopefully with a 3 CD disc player and would be great if there was a cassette player"

There is all kinds of good used stuff out there for pennies on the loonie. Oh John, that means dollar in the largest country in North America. I can't remember if I spelled it right). Go to Detroit and ask anyone a little south thereof and they will know what a loonie is. (And how to spell it if I failed. (Hint a twonie is two loonies)

Actually there is a coin called the Toonie which is 2 Canadian dollars. FYI
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:07 pm

You are right. But as you can see, I didn't remember how to spell it. But at my recorded age, that would be expected :)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 pm

MexicoPete wrote:You are right. But as you can see, I didn't remember how to spell it. But at my recorded age, that would be expected :)

Wasn't correcting the spelling, it is also referred to as the Twonie. But it is a coin also like the loonie.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:12 pm

I have a Panasonic Bookshelf System we aren't using... CD, Cass, Am/Fm, Aux ... nice system...
If interested I can PM U local phone number
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down